“Location, location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Location, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at County Clare 5 nights. Everything suited us fine: room pretty and comfortable, breakfast great and pub just what a pub should be. We walked to many attractions and found Milwaukee to be a lovely city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Spent our anniversary with friends at the Clare the weekend before St Patricks weekend. Who would have known Milwaukee celebrates the holiday a week early! The whole weekend was a blast. The pub within the Clare is a great meeting place & The pub food was delish. No entertainment the weekend we were there as the whole town was celebrating St Patrick & seating is limited in the pub. Accommodations were great as always and being able to celebrate in the pub and simply walk through the door to get to your room is so convenient. The chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven really hit the spot. The next morning had the corn beef has breakfast & it was all homemade and outstanding with big chunks of Cohen beef not little ground up pieces. Wife had full Irish breakfast which was equally good. Bloody Mary's were not as tasty as they looked, need a little work in the drink but the skewer appetizer is very good. The Clare is in walking distance to many other restaurants & establishments. We will go back!

• Stayed March 2013
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. We were in town to see a comedian at the Riverside Theatre and we also went on the Margarita Fiesta Cruise prior to the show. The employees at the hotel were very friendly. We received cookies upon arrival. We had one of the large suites and it suited what we needed for one night. The whirlpool was a bonus, along with the free breakfast. We were able to order anything we wanted off of the breakfast menu the next day in the restaurant - which ended up being a $25 value. The food was great too! We had planned on grabbing cabs throughout the night, but we ended up walking to all the venues that we went to. (Riverside Theatre, Port of Call Restaurant and the Red Rock Saloon) I even had heals on, never would I have thought that we were actually as close to everything as we were. Even walked back to the hotel around midnight and felt safe. The hotel also has free parking. Only have one complaint - we were on the first floor, and I could hear the traffic outside the bedroom window. I'm a light sleeper - as my boyfriend is not, so it didn't bother him the least. (our room faced the front of the hotel and the main road) I would definitly stay at this hotel again - really good value, espcially for a whirlpool suite, free parking, free breakfast and proximity to the downtown area.

Room Tip: I would suggest to get a room that doesn't face the front of the building - road traffic can be...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a pint, good selection of beers. Just like a pub out of Ireland, worth going out of the way to get there. Friendly service. Didn't see the hotel rooms, but if anything like the pub, should be nice. Will go back again.

• Stayed September 2013
Norwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed a night while vacationing in Milwaukee. Our stay in the guesthouse couldn't have been better. Very professional and friendly staff. Room quiet and comfortable and full of charm. We recieved a voucher for free breakfast included with our stay. I had the irish breakfast and my husband had the corned beef hash. Both meals were really delicious! My husband liked this pub so much that we had dinner twice that same week. We were never disappointed between the service and quality of food. I'm really glad we found this place. It elevated our stay beyond just ordinary. Stay here and make lasting memories of good times.

• Stayed September 2013
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in August on our drive from LA to Buffalo. Milwaukee was a last minute decision and boy were we ever glad we gave it a shot. The rooms were well appointed, cozy and comfortable. Coming from an Irish background it really had that homey Irish B&B feel that I've experienced in Ireland many times. The pub was a nice bonus with friendly staff, good food and of course a proper pint of Guinness to finish off your day.
I would highly recommend this place to other.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night in a standard room. The room is actually much like one might find at a B&B in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe. It was basic, large and open and the bed was comfortable and clean. There is no wall to separate the bathroom area, although the toilet is in it's own "WC". So, for the room itself, I rate this place as 3-star, average, but there isn't any reason why I wouldn't stay here again - it's a very charming place.

What I would rate higher - very good to excellent - is the location. Wonderful old Milwaukee neighborhood with good walking access to lots of things to do. The pub in the main level of the County Clare is also just perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to County Clare Irish Inn and Pub? Share your experiences!