“Great place for a pint” 5 of 5 stars
Review of County Clare Irish Inn and Pub

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milwaukee
County Clare Irish Inn and Pub
You added County Clare Irish Inn and Pub to your Saves list
1234 North Astor Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Great place for a pint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stopped in for a pint, good selection of beers. Just like a pub out of Ireland, worth going out of the way to get there. Friendly service. Didn't see the hotel rooms, but if anything like the pub, should be nice. Will go back again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Norwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed a night while vacationing in Milwaukee. Our stay in the guesthouse couldn't have been better. Very professional and friendly staff. Room quiet and comfortable and full of charm. We recieved a voucher for free breakfast included with our stay. I had the irish breakfast and my husband had the corned beef hash. Both meals were really delicious! My husband liked this pub so much that we had dinner twice that same week. We were never disappointed between the service and quality of food. I'm really glad we found this place. It elevated our stay beyond just ordinary. Stay here and make lasting memories of good times.

• Stayed September 2013
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in August on our drive from LA to Buffalo. Milwaukee was a last minute decision and boy were we ever glad we gave it a shot. The rooms were well appointed, cozy and comfortable. Coming from an Irish background it really had that homey Irish B&B feel that I've experienced in Ireland many times. The pub was a nice bonus with friendly staff, good food and of course a proper pint of Guinness to finish off your day.
I would highly recommend this place to other.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night in a standard room. The room is actually much like one might find at a B&B in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe. It was basic, large and open and the bed was comfortable and clean. There is no wall to separate the bathroom area, although the toilet is in it's own "WC". So, for the room itself, I rate this place as 3-star, average, but there isn't any reason why I wouldn't stay here again - it's a very charming place.

What I would rate higher - very good to excellent - is the location. Wonderful old Milwaukee neighborhood with good walking access to lots of things to do. The pub in the main level of the County Clare is also just perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our anniversary, and though we were among the younger clientele (being in our twenties), we found the experience delightful. Living in Chicago, we do a lot of walking, so to us at least, downtown Milwaukee, the Third Ward, Brady Street, the art museum -- all these eclectic destinations were well within our walking ability. And when we wanted to visit the Fox-Bay Theater Grill one night, our No. 10 bus picked up right in front of restaurant.

Breakfast was good, brunch was fantastic. For the price we paid (on a Thursday, Friday night) for the room we got (I believe a standard room), we were both quite pleased.

Bartlett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in a "standard" room for three nights while in Milwaukee on business. While the County Clare isn't as close to downtown as other places I've stayed, it is my favorite spot so far. Still a relatively short walk to the office and close to the waterfront. The rooms are quite lovely--very clean, larger than I expected, with a very warm feel and a great big tub. The pub has delicious food and a very friendly staff. I ate three meals at the bar, creative salads and soups, all relatively healthy and incredibly tasty. With Guinness, of course. The Irish Pub is the real deal. All staff were very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Breakfast, included, was also tasty with made to order omelet and self serve lighter fare. The Inn is reasonably priced and I intend to stay here again on my next trip to town.

I would recommend the County Clare for business travelers, couples, friends, and solo folks, especially if you'd enjoy the pub. Free wifi, free parking, but no fitness room or pool if you're into that. Very close to the running/walking paths along the lake, which is how I got my exercise.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was very quiet. I did wonder if it might get a little loud if your...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I can not rave about this place enough. It was an amazing stay and would be a reason to come back to Milwaukee.

We stayed for 3 nights in the beginning of August over a weekend, in the standard room. It featured a desk and sitting area, a comfortable pillow top queen bed, handcrafted comforters, a luxurious double whirlpool bath, separate shower and wireless high-speed internet.

Complimentary breakfast ( over the weekend it was amazing food, your choices are plenty and the quality is above industry standard, highly recommend the salmon benny and the Irish breakfast) also you may want to stay for dinner as well, their shepherds pie was phenomenal and bangers and mash to die for.

Free parking is offered to all overnight guests, do be aware that it is tight parking in the back and spots will fill up quickly.

Stayed August 2 -5, 2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to County Clare Irish Inn and Pub? Share your experiences!