“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I had an anniversary there and it was an all around great experience for us! Wonderful staff, beautiful place, and the most amazing home made chocolate chip cookies we've ever had! I would highly recommend going here for a romantic getaway with a loved one. Also, there's a cool history and a lot of interesting events at the Brumder. Also a very unique and enjoyable place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been in some swanky places but never anything like Brumder Mansion. From all the beautifully ornate decor, to the amazing amount of rooms (its deceptively diminutive appearing from the outside), this place could not have been more deliciously victorian. If dark corners, and spooky antiques are not your thing, you might want to stay away. But if you have an appreciation for such things, you'd be hard pressed to find a place in the greater Milwaukee area superior to Brumder Mansion. With 80% of the original furniture still intact, one could not help but feel like they had woken up on the set of a spooky horror movie. The rooms are simple, but opulent, and offer a perfect ambience for romance. The staff, (Tonja and Anita), could not have been more pleasant and saw to our every need, even offering us some of their own personal frozen custard upon our arrival! The prices are somewhat high for my tastes, but was easily worth every penny. The one drawback is the location. It didn't bother me any, as I have extensive experience in such zones, but it's not in a good neighborhood. Conveyance is needed to reach any restaurants, as you do not want to just walk, (especially at night), and I would recommend spending most of your time in the mansion. Which shouldn't be a big deal. This is not a place for a quick stop for some rest while out on the road, or touristing in Milwaukee. This place is for creating memories while enjoying the unique and wonderful characteristics of Brumder Mansion. I will undoubtedly be going back.

• Stayed January 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I travel quite a bit and stay in a lot of hotels. When we're on the road over a weekend we like to find things to do in neighboring towns. We have had the pleasure of staying at Brumder Mansion on two separate occasions with hopes to return many more times. Tonja the Inn Keeper and Anita, the masseuse on staff are wonderful ladies who will go out of their way to make sure that your stay is a one of a kind experience. Their warmth and hospitality will have us coming back over and over again. And the breakfast is amazing! The last time we were there as we stepped onto the porch, the smell that welcomed us, welcomed us home.
Not to mention the shows! If you can book your weekend stay on the weekends the house is hosting one of many wonderful shows, it's a definite don't miss!
If you have the opportunity to stay, don't pass it up! I promise you won't regret it!
Chris and Chelle

Room Tip: The "George' is our personal favorite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We live in Milwaukee and never knew this gem existed! Granted the neighborhood isn’t prime- but the location is! The B & B is convenient to the freeway and easy driving distance to the prime locations around town. The B &B works in conjunction with a theater group, which is a definite plus and the productions are a must do! Our stay was during October a Sweetest Day surprise for me. A bit of scary fun balanced with a dash of romance. We took advantage of attending the production “An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe” in the small theater downstairs. The production was professional and a powerful performance! The Inn has a reputation for being haunted and during our stay it was cleverly decorated for Halloween. The atmosphere and reputation along with the “Poe” production provided a great experience. I have been to a few B & B’s in England and Scotland and this one made me feel as if I was back in Europe!

Overall- the B & B is run with thoughtfulness, playfulness and polish. The Inn is clean, comfortable and the breakfast was great! Even if you don’t decide to stay- it’s well worth the trip to see the inside or attend one of the Theater productions (you don’t have to stay at the B & B to attend the productions). Tonja, Anita and Tom a great big Thank -You for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the room has the bathroom en suite. The Blue room we stayed did not. The bathro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Brumder Mansion is one of the most interesting and beautiful B&Bs we have ever stayed at. Its was a quiet and cozy place to come home to after a night on milwaukee boat lines and dinner at molly cools. Tonja our host was so wonderful to us and very accomidating. We stayed on the third floor and enjoyed a the spa tub and the fireplace in our room. The breakfast that was served to us at the time we requested was wonderful, and I would go back again just for the meal. Overall our stay was one of the most enjoyable we have ever had and will go back again when we have another opportunity to stay in downtown Milwaukee. Thank you Brumder

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I stay at Brumder every chance we can! The innkeeper Tonja is the best... always making sure we're comfortable and have everything we want or need. I feel like I am home when there... enjoying a tea or coffee, an amazing breakfast, quiet time to read in the library, cuddled up in our room or enjoying a most relaxing whirlpool bath. I had an awesome late night chat in the breakfast nook with Tonja and Anita... can't wait to do that again! They are two of the greatest women I have ever met. Anita gives the greatest massages and even when just traveling through my husband has been blessed to schedule them. The mansion is so interesting... great history there! I even got some great shots with my camera! Our trips to Brumder have always been relaxing and I look forward to when we can return. The B&B is truly a diamond in the rough and for me, that is what makes it truly special. We went there for a bed and a breakfast. What we found is so much more than just that!

Room Tip: Our favorite room is Gwyneth... it's beautiful decor, whirlpool tub and gorgeous finishes are ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My experience at The Brumder Mansion was refreshing, relaxing & sooo necessary!! I came at a time when I was transitioning in my life & Ms. Tonja Thomas was an angel! Her hospitality and service was top-notch and heavenly! The bed was so comfortable, I haven't slept that good in I don't know how long!! Thank you Brumder Mansion for being in the HEART of the city as a beacon of light to the surrounding urban areas. So much history & so much to explore!! I have been back several times since my first stay & am always treated as FAMILY. XoXo

Room Tip: The Marion!!! Cozy & Luxurious!! Quiet on 3rd Floor!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!