“Nice renovation in older building, guest satisfaction could be improved.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   710 N. Old World Third Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly The Inn Towne Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Sandy, Utah
“Nice renovation in older building, guest satisfaction could be improved.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I selected this hotel for its location to the convention center, and good rates. Im a Marriott traveler and stay frequently in Fairfield Inn properties. This hotel looks great with the new renovation. Its in a historic building, and the design is pretty cool.
Upon check-in, they immediately told me they had oversold the suites, and asked that I move to a King room. I was slightly disappointed as the suite is one of the reasons I picked this property over the Hyatt and Hilton. They also did not offer me points or anything for the downgrade, although I did not expect or ask for them. I tend to take the nice approach in these situations, rather than making a big deal in the lobby about it. It would have been a nice touch though. I've been pretty happy otherwise, and would be happy to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are on the small side. Try to get a suite if you can.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good hotel with a good spread for breakfast and easy walking to all of downtown area. Rooms are good size and most importantly clean! I found all of the staff to be quite accommodating. Parking is close and only $15 per night.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location was most important to us for our visit to Milwaukee, but the hotel was nice enough to hold its own. We had a suite, which was plenty of room for us. It was nice and clean.

The Wi-Fi was good. The free breakfast was typical fare, but good enough for us.

Weight room had a couple treadmills, a couple Stairmasters, and then two benches and dumbbells. That was about it.

Staff was friendly.

The only down side was that the windows were pretty thin, and you could hear the busses rolling up and down Wisconsin street all night. But if this is typical of an older hotel in an urban setting. I would still recommend this hotel to anyone that asked.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really like what they did with this property. Our room was a corner room and a little small, but it's an older downtown hotel so not too surprised by the size. Fairfield has done a great job with the renovation. Water pressure in the shower was great, even on the 8th floor. The place was very clean and modern. The price was right even on Marriott's own site. Parking was 2 blocks away but was fine! Overall we were very happy with the place. We had an issue with late night door slamming, like after 230 am. Late night but not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for a place within walking distance of the Bradley Center and this seemed to fit the bill. We arrived early and there were no rooms ready, so they held our luggage as we waited for friends to pick us up. Before our friends arrived, they got a room ready for us and we were able to check-in. The room was great, wifi convenient, wonderful breakfast, everyone was friendly. The bathroom was a tad small, but overall, it was a comfortable stay. We paid for the self-park, which worked well and seemed secure. And, we had no trouble walking to the Bradley Center and back after the game. There are restaurants and stores nearby....sadly we only got to stay one night, so didn't get to completely enjoy the area. We would most definitely stay here again.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Went to Milwaukee to see an NBA game. The downtown Fairfield Inn & Suites was a great choice. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The AAA rate was very reasonable and it included breakfast. It was a short walk to the arena to watch the Bucks play, which saved us on parking and dealing with traffic before/after the game. It was also a nice stroll to the Riverwalk and the Lakefront. All in all a very good choice.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

First, this gem is staying on my list as far as where to stay in Milwaukee. First reason--location, location, location! It is 3 blocks from Amtrak, which stops at Milwaukee's General Mitchell Airport, and is across the street from the Grand Avenue Shopping Center and Walgreens. Within a half mile is Bradley Center, Wisconsin Center and U.S. Cellular Arena. Second, accomodations: The hotel has an inviting lobby with couches to sit on where people often just sit and talk, and the breakfast area is also there, but looks just as inviting during non-breakfast hours. One thing I absolutely loved was this mini-pantry of sorts by the front desk that held food, snacks, wine, beer, and meds to ensure your comfort. Stores close at 5 or 6, so that can be a godsend, and all you have to do is charge your purchases to your room or pay at the front desk. All the staff I met was upbeat--either they smiled or had that personable look about them. I heard some say the rooms were small, but I was alright with the size because my king size bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very clean (two very crucial things for me) and I had a two tiered desk that enabled me to work well within the space. I also enjoyed the huge 42" flat screen, which seemed a bit big for the room, but also gave that home theater quality. I always try to find "my hotel" in each city I visit, and I have to admit, this one is a great find and one I'd stay at again.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor corner, and I liked the huge windows and view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!