“Great one-night stay in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   710 N. Old World Third Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly The Inn Towne Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great one-night stay in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had a great one night stay here over Labor Day weekend 2013. Will probably stay here when I have a chance to return.

Hotel: I chose this hotel because of its price and location relative to downtown. The hotel looks a little like a historic building from the outside, but the inside is much more modern. I was actually surprised at how modern the rooms looked. The hotel is very clean and comfortable.

Staff: This is yet another hotel where the staff was wonderful. From check-in to check-out every encounter we had with the staff was great. I had just come from another hotel further north in the state where this was not the case and running into this staff after leaving that staff was a wonderful change. The staff here actually made me feel as though they were happy to have me.

Rooms: My room was very clean and comfortable. As I mentioned earlier, the room was more modern looking than I expected. The room was located in the northwest corner of the building and I had a huge window that looked out over the western part of the city. (If you are able, request an east-facing room; you should have great views of downtown Milwaukee). I was able to get a double queen (two queen beds in the room) room at this hotel, which was one of the drivers for staying here (many of the hotels in the city that offered two beds in a room offered double beds). There was also a microwave and mini-fridge in the room as well as a flat screen television.

Location: The hotel sits about four blocks off the river (west of the river) on the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and North Old World Third Street. You are still in the downtown area, but most of the larger hotels and restaurants are either on the river or on the other side (east of the river).There are a surprising number of restaurants and pubs right on North Old World Third Street. Additionally, the hotel is directly across the street from the Grand Avenue mall and an Applebee’s.

Other Stuff: While there, I had a chance to get down by the river, which was very nice, as well as check out the Old German Beer Hall on North Old World Third Street and the Brat House. I also walked around downtown which was very nice. The one thing that I did not get to do while there was walk over to the water front (Lake Michigan), however, I lucked out and labor day weekend is bike week in Milwaukee (home of Harley Davidson)...I saw more Harley's in one location than I've ever seen in my life. It happened to be the 110th anniversary. Finally, for the record, this hotel is some 20 blocks from the lake front, so it might be a cab ride or drive for some.

Room Tip: Request an east-facing room which should provide a nice view of downtown Milwaukee.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
eric z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear you had a great one night stay in Milwaukee. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Eric Z.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Coldwater, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield July 24-27 for a long weekend away. We arrived earlier than check in and the girls at the front desk were very accommodating – took our luggage to hold and gave directions on a few places to grab lunch. Arrived back a few hours later and finished checking in. Small snafu with the room (we were given keys to a room that was already occupied!) but it was quickly rectified. We stayed in the King Bed Suite with 4 guests. Nice room, clean, appointed well enough. The bed was quite hard in my opinion and the sofa bed was on the smaller side – maybe a full size at best? All requests for extra towels and cups were handled quickly enough. My only complaint about the room is that there are no hooks anywhere to hang up clothes in the bathroom!
The location is great! It is close to everything and within walking distance to many pubs, restaurants, trolley lines. It was about a 15 – 20 minute walk to the Third Ward District and about the same to the Harley Museum. If you don’t want to walk that far, there is a trolley service that runs throughout the day that gets you close to where you want to be! We were able to enjoy Germanfest and Brewfest while in town.
The hotel offers a warm breakfast buffet for its guests. There are plenty of options available however most of it is carb heavy (danishes, waffles, muffins, cereal) with some fresh fruit, powered eggs and a sausage of some sort. The rest of our party enjoyed the breakfast but I’m super picky about my eggs and gluten free so options were slim.
Overall, a great stay! We would stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the the time to share your experience. We appreciate your comments. We apologize for the small problem with your room keys and are pleased it was rectified quickly.

Regards,

Eric Z.
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The staff here was the most outgoing and friendliest I have ever encountered. The morning and afternoon young ladies were SUPER!!!!!!! I even went out and bought her candy bars for her hospitality towards us.This location is great for a baseball trip,several bars walking distance offer free shuttles to the game,with service onboard.
The hotel itself is very clean and quiet,with comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms.The free breakfast was way the above average free hotel breakfast. I would highly recommend this location for anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Milwaukee over the 4th of July to attend Summerfest. Every staff member I encountered from the front desk to housekeeping was so friendly and helpful. The hotel was really clean and very nicely updated but the staff stood out above all. I have truley never experienced such a kind and friendly bunch of people. Whenever I travel to Milwaukee in the future, this is the ONLY hotel I will stay at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fox River Grove, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for a weekend geteaway. Here are the things I think you would like to know:

Positives:

*Hotel location is great. You can walk all over the city from here.
*Parking is very convenient. You do have to pay but the lot is a few steps from the hotel and you are given a pass so only hotel customers park here
*Hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating
*The hotel is in an older, and therefore achitecturally intesteresting building, but it has been updated
*The rooms are modern and most are spacious
*The breakfast was very good with a lot of choices

Negatives:
*You wont have much control over the termperature in your room, despite and in-Room thermostadt. The building is older and so is the heating/cooling system. Our room was so hot we had to change. We were shown several other rooms before we chose one solely on the termperature. Hotel staff was extremely friendly throughout this.
*The Associated parking lot isnt huge so be prepared to park and leave your car. Coming in late is challenging.
*Also with parking the spots are very tight. If you have a large vehicle, it wont likely fit in this lot.
*The shuttle to the Casino is kind of a joke, though this isnt the hotels fault. It seems that this hotel is one of the first stops on the shuttle route so the shuttle drivers often Speed past the hotel. the first night we waited outside and the shuttle driver sped right past us.We were able to use it the next night, but the driver almost drove past then also.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, the layout is different and gives you lots of extra space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel offered the best experience for my travel club. The price was reasonable , wonderful accommodations, clean rooms, impeccable guest service experience from EVERY STAFF PERSON with which we interacted. The location was perfect for walking to and from numerous venues in downtown Milwaukee. I can't wait to take my group on another trip to the area. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice hotel, that was a great spot to stay for Summerfest! Some friends stayed at the Hyatt and they were jealous of our large room with refrigerator, desk chair, and ottoman seat, with large king sized bed. Also loved the Paul Mitchell amenities in the bathroom. Also comes with a nice free breakfast!

This hotel is definitely within EASY walking distance of the Pabst & Riverside theaters as well as the "Bronze Fonz" statue. We walked to Mo's pub where we took a free shuttle to Summerfest. WHat a treat!!!

Room Tip: We had room 703 which was on the end and seemed quite large
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!