“Great stay--no problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   710 N. Old World Third Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly The Inn Towne Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Olathe, Kansas, United States
“Great stay--no problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel!

One star off for the cost of parking which is in a lot 2 blocks down from the hotel and not necessarily the safest of neighborhoods. Beds are also a little hard but I am used to softer beds...

The breakfast is great! I would suggest asking for a top floor room we had no issues with noise! Would certainly stay here again and probably just choose a different parking option.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
anthony p, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Megan D,

We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown was enjoyable.

anthony.pittman@marriott.com

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here for a Saturday night with my wife and another couple. I booked at this hotel based off of reviews on Tripadvisor and it did not disappoint. This place has very recently been remodeled. Everything looked brand new. The staff were all very friendly and professional. As other reviews have said, the room was small but the ceiling was very tall so it didn't feel cramped. We had a corner room with windows on two walls which was great. Everything was very clean and the fridge was actually big enough to hold some stuff. The breakfast is really what makes this place a great value. Scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, toast, and more. We parked in the ramp across the street just down the block. It was $12 for the night. This is a great location- close to restaurants and the riverwalk. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it. It is a great deal for the price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
anthony p, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
1984CAS,

We are very pleased to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in servicing our guests. They are very passionate about making sure each guest walk away with a positive experience. We feel like we need to do everything possible to ensure our breakfast standards exceed our guests expectations. Thanks for visiting our property, and my staff looks forward to having you visit our property again.

Kind regards,
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel that is reasonably priced and centrally located in Milwaukee. The staff is super friendly and make you feel like you are at home. The breakfast which is free is quite good and the wifi is free.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick P,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to our property. Our staff really enjoys hearing the positive feedback from our guests as they put their hearts into making our guests feel right at home. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Warm regards,
Escanaba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Last stayed here about 3 yrs ago when it was a Best Western and pet-friendly. However it is now Marriott-owned and is no longer pet-friendly. We like the convenient location so much though and the $109 rate for 2 queens is hard to beat,so we boarded our dog at home.
There must have been a staff change , since the last reviews as we experienced only friendly, helpful people. The Sunday cont'l breakfast was good and there is even an oatmeal station with various healthy dried fruits to add, along with fresh fruit, HB eggs,waffles,scrambled eggs, turkey ham, etc.
Self-Park at the covered Public Pkg at the end of the block on the left for $12/day. For inexpensive meals for families go to the food court on the 2nd floor of Grand Ave. Mall across the street.The Riverside Theater is only 2-3 blocks away and the Milwaukee Rep/Theater is a 5-6 block walk. Be sure to stroll the Riverwalk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our hotel. My staff is very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to our property. I couldn't agree more about your breakfast comments. We have lots of guests rave about how amazing their breakfast experience is when the visit our property. Also, you really can't beat the price when it's "Free".
We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I usually stay at the Doubletree to earn points, but decided to give this hotel a chance. I booked with Expedia and was charged for the room. The hotel then charged my card again and put a $100 hold on it. A $99 King Bed quickly went to a $331(adding in taxes, valet parking, and $100 hold). In order to valet park you leave your car on the curb in a "no parking zone" and enter the hotel. The woman at the desk said "just leave it there". I am under the impression the valet company is a privately owned vendor since they have to walkie talkie someone to come get it. I checked into my room and 20 min later my car was still sitting on the curb waiting for valet. I asked the front desk if she could kindly call me a cab- I was late for a wedding and her response was..."UGGGGH". Then she told me that "cabs dont like to drive in the snow". I was so upset I grabbed my boots and wedding present and had to walk in the freezing cold to a wedding. The room was clean and quiet- if that makes up for anything. The breakfast was ok- until I poored spoiled milk into my cereal. Therefore, this hotel has left a rotten taste in my mouth!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
anthony p, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Briana B,

I would like to apologize to on behalf of the entire hotel staff for the service that was provided to you during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your comments with my team members. I would love to speak with you to discuss your concerns further. Please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
414.224.8400 ext 5112
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown this weekend and had an interesting experience. The hotel itself was nice and clean- newly decorated and in a good location downtown Milwaukee. Unfortunately, the staff was not something to be complimented. My fiance and cousin got stuck in one of the elevators for over an hour and after calling down to the front desk to speak to a manager about their elevator entrapment- we were dismissed by the front desk worker and told that "there wasn't anyone cool enough for us to talk to" and she said that someone would call us the next day- I am assuming the "cool" person was a manager- but can't be sure. That never happened- no one ever called us back. After a harrowing experience like that- the least they could have done was show some sort of sympathy and ask if there was anything they could have done to improve our stay. But they did not- and this left us with a bad taste in our mouth- as well as avoiding the elevator! This was made worse by the fact that they overcharged our room for the parking- more than double, and have been very difficult to get a manager to call us back about the overcharges. Overall, it seemed like the staff had no idea what they were doing and did not have any focus on customer service. We frequent Milwaukee often with many groups of my family and we will be telling everyone to avoid this hotel in the future. The unprofessional staff have really hurt what could have been a nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
anthony p, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Jordan R,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent visit to our property. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

anthony.pittman@marriott.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several times in December. My husband and I used it as an overnight getaway since it was close to the pabst theater. The rooms were very clean and had nice views looking down onto grand ave.. The next time we stayed, we used the Potawatomi shuttle . It was easy and convenient. Again , our room was very clean. Breakfast was good in the morning. The first stay, the hotel Seemed pretty quiet so breakfast was kept up on by staff. The second time, there were lines of people waiting for breakfast and not enough tables. There was one very kind man working the breakfast area all by himself. Garbages were full, and so people were just leaving it laying around Making the poor gentleman run around to keep up. The thing that really helps this hotel is the proximity to key downtown places. We walked to the pfister for tea, and were able to walk to the Bradley center for a bucks game. I was really happy with this hotel. Rooms were quiet, beds comfortable, good breakfast, and great location. My only complaint is that more staff should be put on weekends to keep up on the breakfast rush. I would recommend this hotel to anyone !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa1233,

We would like to thank you for taking time out to write this review. I'm sorry to hear that our breakfast staff was not as efficient as usual. This is not the normal service that we provide to our guests and I have shared your feedback with our team members. Thanks for visiting our property and we look forward to having you visit us in the future.

Best regards,
414.224.8400

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!