You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5105 S Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
cincinnati, United States
“Pleasure/vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would prefer check in to be before 3:00pm, but understandably the is a very busy hotel and needs the time to clean from previous guest. Breakfast was a bit bland, pool was great, room was good. On a scale 1-10, my family rated our experience an 7+

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestwesternPLUS, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Audrey, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our award winning Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast. We always want to make sure your start your day off right with one of our free breakfast options. Next time I encourage you to take advantage of our new A la carte menu that includes made to order omelets and other flavorful options. Also, we gladly accept early check-in requests. Just mention it to your reservationist and we will do our best to accommodate. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Seven Hills, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The upside is the hotel was very, very nice with a wonderful free continental breakfast. The downside is the pool is in the center of the hotel with many rooms facing it and kids screamed and raced around the balconies over it until 10:45pm. This was literally right outside our door. One night was quiet, the next was annoying.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BestwesternPLUS, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet and the beautiful renovations we have been carrying out at the hotel. I'm sorry to hear you were bothered by children during your stay as we always want to make sure you are able to relax and wake well rested. We host airline pilots and flight attendants in a quiet wing of our hotel each day so next time feel free to ask for the quiet airline wing when making your reservation or even at check-in. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Thanks,
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

At the beginning of May we stayed at the Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel. I booked two rooms at this hotel based on the favorable reviews on tripadvisor and because I like the Best Western hotel chain. The first incident that happened when we first arrived at our rooms was that a member of our party discovered that the toilet in one of our rooms had not been cleaned properly. We contacted the desk and told them about the problem. Because the staff was not available to rectify the situation at that time of day, some of the members of our party were moved to another room. The new room was satisfactory and the beds were comfortable. We were given a discount on the cost of the first night of the problematic room.

The next morning we were favorably impressed with the free breakfast that the hotel provides. It was above the standard of most free breakfasts. During breakfast my daughter went to visit the restroom. She noticed that someone was working in the restroom because there was a cart standing outside the door, but there was no warning sign displayed. The smooth ceramic floor tile did not appear to be wet and she saw no evidence of cleaning. The floor must have been in the process of being washed, however, because as she walked into the room, she slipped and fell. After she slipped, a worker suddenly appeared and apologized profusely. At first my daughter had pain but was able to walk back to the breakfast room, but when she got up after finishing her breakfast, she found that she couldn't walk back to the hotel room. We reported this to staff and they provided us with a wheelchair that we were allowed to borrow as long as we left a piece of identification as collateral. The wheelchair was needed for her to get around in the hotel because it is rather spread out, thus requiring a great deal of walking even just to get from the room to the restaurant.

My husband and I then went out and purchased an adjustable pair of crutches for $45.00 so that she would be able to participate in some activities outside the hotel. The next day we went to visit the Milwaukee Zoo. Since there is so much walking involved at a zoo, we decided that instead of using a wheelchair or crutches for this attraction, we would rent a scooter for her at the cost of $25.00, feeling that this would enable all of us to enjoy the outing more fully.

After a two night stay we checked out of the hotel and my husband's identification that was given as collateral for the hotel wheelchair was returned. At the next Best Western I noticed that the power cord for my computer was missing. I was unsure whether I had left it in Milwaukee or at the previous Best Western hotel. A member of our group offered to call the Milwaukee hotel for me to find out if the cord had been found. She was put on hold for a long period of time as she waited to speak to a member of the housekeeping regarding the missing cord. She was given the impression that the cord had been found. She later told me that she was shocked about how much the telephone call had cost her. I subsequently made a call to the Hotel on my cell phone and was told that the cord was not there. I offered to leave my cell phone number but my offer was declined. I then also called the other hotel where I thought the cord might possibly have been left. They took my cell number and later that day I had a message on my cell phone that the cord was not at that hotel. That was quick, efficient service!

Upon our return home to Alberta, Canada, I found a message on our home phone from the Milwaukee Best Western Airport Hotel that my cord was there and wondering if we wanted to pick it up. This would have been easy for us to do on our return journey as we could have easily gone via Milwaukee on our road trip home, but now that we were back home in Alberta, what were we to do? Again, I wished that they had just taken down my cell number when I called to ask about the cord. I made a call to the hotel to see how the cord could be returned to me. I was told that I would have to arrange for FedEx to pick it up. I inquired whether it would be possible to have the cord could be mailed to me. I was told that each Best Western is independently owned and each has its own policies and that my suggestion would not be possible according to the Hotel's policies. I then asked that a message be left for the staff member who had left the message on my home phone to call me. The call never came.

I would just like to say that in spite of all the problems, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the opportunity to get to know Milwaukee a little, but all of the problems cost us quite a bit in time, effort and money, and I am not impressed with the safety policies when restrooms are being cleaned, nor with the lack of concern for communicating with customers regarding items which may have been left behind. The cost of having the cord returned to us by FedEx would be over $70.00. We purchased a replacement cord on our trip for about $80.00. I have a new cord, so that is not the issue, but trying to find out if the cord was left at the hotel cost us a fair amount in phone calls and the lack of concern by the staff to communicate with us about the lost item as well as the inflexible hotel policy for returning lost items that failed to provide a convenient, easy, inexpensive way for us to have the lost item returned, leaves me with the impression that the hotel management is not as concerned with customer service as they could be.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BestwesternPLUS, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Let me start by offering my sincerest apology that you did not receive the superior experience we strive to deliver to all our guests. I'm thankful our helpful staff was able to quickly get you into a room you found comfortable and that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet. We regret to hear of your daughter's experience and hope she is well. We will use this opportunity to reiterate our wet floor sign policy to the pertinent team members. I can also understand the frustration of not receiving word in time that your charger had been secured in our housekeeping department's lost and found. After typical business hours we do ask that you leave a message for our executive housekeeper who is in charge of logging and securing all items left behind by our guests. We want to make sure your item is secure but do apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact me at the hotel as I would like to cover the shipping of your charger so you can have a spare should a future need arise. Also we'd like to send with it a certificate you can use when returning to Milwaukee to enjoy the wonderful offerings of our city.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay,

Chad Allen Johnson
Happy Jack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were going to fly out the following morning and this hotel was so accomodating. When I checked in I said to the desk clerk, I have one more question and he said....before you ask....yes...you can take your rental car back and I will personally pick you up when you are ready and we will also get you back to the airport in time for your flight! He knew exactly what I was going to ask and he was so pleasant. A wonderful customer service employee. We so enjoy that Midwest customer service....like none other! And the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. We also enjoyed dining in the restaurant. Good food. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Plus - Milwaukee Airport Hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed the superior service you received from our guest service team! Our caring staff is always here to promptly meet your needs. If you enjoyed the food in the Aviator Sports Bar & Grille you'll be excited to hear we have creative new menu options coming soon. Next time consider packing your swim suits so the family can play and relax in our tropical atrium pool and whirlpool area. Come back to Milwaukee and the Best Western Plus for that touch of midwestern hospitality anytime. Thanks again for your review.

Chad Allen Johnson
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friends and I choose Best Western for our pre departure hotel and always have great experience. The bar is fun and food is good! Our accommodations are always met! We are welcomed by the one and only Ricco who makes sure the stay delivers great customer service and clean environment. Ricco went out of his by helping load and unload the multiple HEAVY suitcases for us again! We will be choosing Best Western for hotel needs....oh and the pick up from the airport was speedy and fast-no waiting for a ride!! Thanks to all and Ricco hope you didn't hurt your back with all the obnoxious luggage but we really Thank you for the help!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BestwesternPLUS, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Loyal Jamericans,

Thank you for taking the time to share your warm regards for our staff and especially Ricco. He really is one of a kind isn't he? Best Western strives to lead the industry in superior customer care and Ricco is our shinning example of how it's done. As you've pointed out he symbolizes what real service is about., a truly caring attitude. I know you ladies would be pleased to know Ricco recently received an award from the CEO of Best Western for his efforts. Keep up the good work Ricco! We look forward to seeing you again soon for your next Caribbean adventure. Ya Mon!

Cornville, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived at the hotel just after midnight and were greeted warmly by Tina. It took about 5 minutes to check in so we could get to our room and crash. On our second visit, we arrived late afternoon and were again, greeted warmly, this time by Ricco. He even offered to store our golf clubs in a room by the front desk so we did not have to drag them through the hotel to our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Customer service is truly a way of life for our entire staff so I couldn't be more proud to read your review, especially the title. Ricco and Tina proudly represent Best Western's I-Care attitude! Next time you travel to Milwaukee consider hitting one of the great golf courses nearby, especially Grant Park, a beautiful course situated along the graceful bluffs overlooking Lake Michigan and only a few minutes drive from our property. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Very Sincerely,
McPherson, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's location adjacent to the airport makes it tempting for business travelers, but travelling families are the ones who would really thrive here. When we arrived (for business) the desk staff was friendly and helpful, our rooms were ready, and employees we saw around the hotel offered friendly greetings. The rooms are very respectable, mid-level, clean rooms, that come with a microwave and refrigerator, which would be good for parents with small children. On the other hand, there is also a safe, so maybe this is just a hotel with a lot to offer inside the rooms.There were not enough outlets available in the room, however, so I wound up sliding the bed away from the wall to plug my computer in. The bed itself was clean and comfortable.

The hotel offers free breakfast in the restaurant for guests, but don't get too exciting. It is the standard self-serve hot breakfast bar you see at many hotels, with the waffle machine, the toaster, the scrambled eggs and the coffee in the paper cups. It is a bonus, but not at the level of a free restaurant breakfast.

The pool area is a dream for kids. Indoor, big enough to play in, it cinludes a hot tub and a video game area. During our stay there were always a group of kids in the pool, and it was fun to watch them play and horse around.

The fitness room, on the other hand, was lame, consisting of the three standard cardio machines and a functional yet not versatile or comfortable universal weights station. This is such an important aspect of business travel that I am continually surprised to find inadequate exercise facilities at mid-level hotels.

The bar/restaurant was decent, and given the lack of good restaurants near the airport I would recommend eating in most of the time. Try the rueben.

Overall, this was a perfectly good place to stay, with clean rooms, friendly staff and solid amenities. I just wish I had brought my family.

Room Tip: If you have kids stay in the pool area. Otherwise, the rooms in the 240's are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the diverse amenities available at our property. Though we definitely admit to being a great family hotel, we also strive to cater to the business traveller with the amenities you mentioned as well as free high-speed wireless internet throughout the building, a 24 hour business center, fax and copy services, diverse meeting spaces, from our conference suites to the Mitchell Ballroom, and late night food and drinks available in the the Aviator until at least midnight daily. Thank you for your feedback regarding the fitness center. We will definitely take a look at our current offerings and work toward better offerings for the business traveler. We've also been considering an adult swim for the last hour of the pool and whirlpool area which I would hope could offer a chance for business travelers to unwind after a long day. Stay tuned! We hope you return soon, for business or family travel. Either way we would love to have you back and always remain thankful for the feedback.

Hotel Operations