“day for swimming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5105 S Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #18 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
“day for swimming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I try to take my kids to this hotel about two to three times a year just for swimming. There are other hotels in the area but they either have a "water park" which is usually just a kids area or the water feature to the hotel is crazy expensive. I enjoy best westen. Good rates and decent service. I was a little bothered by this last trip however. When the front desk asked me what brought me in today I specifically said "my kids want to swim.". After we went up and dropped our bags in our room we went to the pool only to find out that the pool was closed! I went back to the front desk and asked how long before the pool would be open and a different attendant said he didnt know and would have to wait on maintenance to let him know. I let him know the only reason I came in that day was to swim. I own my home I don't need a place to sleep. I asked if he could contact maintenance and ask approximate what time so I knew whether or not to even stay. They informed me the water is not warm but if we wanted we could swim. I asked my kids and of course they wanted to give it a try. So we did. It was freezing! But my kids were happy and continued going from the pool to the hot tub. Then to top it off my son slipped and cracked his head open. Resulting in a trip to the emergency room and stitches to the back of his head. We left in a hurry and didn't even get to sleep there so the kids didn't get to have an awesome time as normal but overall it was decent because they were near a pool and that made them happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Becky at the front desk takes care of any needs or questions that arise. I stay there once a week every week and Becky handles check-in and reservations with ease and efficiency. Her smile is contagious and she is VERY courteous. She makes you feel at home the moment you walk through the door!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I'm honored we are able to meet your needs as a business traveler and honored that you have chosen to highlight Becky in your review. Our culture is one of genuine hospitality; our goal, to make sure you feel like a guest on our home, not like just another customer. With Becky's outstanding southern hospitality helps us achieve that goal helps get us a step closer to Best Western's goal of leading the industry in superior customer care. Thanks again for your review!

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My first trip to Milwaukee on business. Shuttle service from the airport was prompt at 9 PM. This hotel sets the example for hospitality! The hotel owner, management and staff took good care of our large group while we utilized meeting space to work on an important project. A nice breakfast is included with your stay. One lunch in the bar and grill. Second lunch was brought into our meeting room and the food was awesome, just like our dinner the night before which was served as if we were in a four star restaurant.

Room Tip: Several guest rooms open to the pool area which is very inviting.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, December 15, 2012
We are honored to hear your impressions. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, especially to Chef Ryan. We regularly receive compliments on his made from scratch menu items and the superior service in our restaurants but I know the staff will be delighted to hear that this high praise came from your particular group. We hope to have you again soon. Remember that we can accommodate banquets and meetings of all sizes whether in one of conference suites or our grand Mitchell Ballroom; we are always ready to serve your needs. Finally, but most importantly, we know hospitality is a way of life and it is one we strive to live every day at our award winning Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport. Thank you for assuring us we are meeting our goal.

Ishpeming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay while traveling through Milwaukee, just look to the Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport hotel. Service is above and beyond; rooms are clean and comfortable; pool area is fabulous and the included breakfast is the best around.

Room Tip: Pool side is always nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased you found our hotel to be a place of superior service with clean and comfortable accommodations. Truly superior customer service is a dying thing and that's why we have made it our utmost priority, ensuring sure you feel like a guest, not a simply a customer, when you are in our care. Did you get a chance to enjoy any of our new hot made to order breakfast items? The Denver Omelet is a must try item. Our entire staff look forward to your return, which we hope will be very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We showed up with a reservation the night before an early flight, had dinner and went to bed. Our shuttle in the morning was on time and super quick. After our long flight back from Puerto Rico, we were ready for some sort of delay at theairport, but I called as soon as we landed, and the shuttle was there before we even got out to meet it. Our driver, Rico, circled back to pick us up, and had us back to our truck ASAP. He even remembered us from the departure - super nice kid. The hardest part was our drive home. I will absolutely stay here if I ever need to park and fly again.

• Stayed November 2012
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. You made the right choice selecting our Stay and Fly Package! Being an airport property we pride ourselves on prompt shuttle service. When you’re this close, who wants to wait? Next time consider staying after your return flight too; that way you can wake up, enjoy our complementary hot American buffet style breakfast and get on the road home fully re-energized. I will pass your kind regards to Ricco. He really does live Best Western’s vision to lead the industry in superior customer care. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Milwaukee.

Vice President/General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.

Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel Milwaukee
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center
Best Western Airport Hotel
Best Western Milwaukee
Milwaukee Best Western
Address: 5105 S Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Best Value Hotel in Milwaukee
#8 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#12 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.