“Pleasantly Surprised!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5105 S Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #18 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who works for the airline. I was so pleased with this hotel and it was next door to Motel 6 where I stood last year for the state fair. Wow! Talk about night and day, this hotel was so affordable and the amenities were so much better than I expected. I booked a room near the interior pool which was recommended by the concierge when I made the reservation. The room was modern and clean with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, granite counter top vanity, king size pillow top bed, a sofa sleeper and a coffee table. This hotel also hosts banquets so it's nicely decorated with a trendy bar with happy hour specials, a contemporary dine in restaurant and a large interior swimming pool and hot tub. The pool was designed like a garden atrium with a glass top ceiling so that you can still enjoy the day light all year round. I also enjoyed a complimentary FULL breakfast buffet which included waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fresh breads, sausage, bacon, has brown potatoes, corned beed hash, juices and a nice selection of coffees to choose from. This will definitely be the hotel of choice for my next trip to Milwaukee. And next time I will stay a ittle longer just to enjoy the pool and the happy hour!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room, they are nicer and cost the same as the others.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here Labor day weekend. By Sunday I noticed that my wrists and hands were itching a lot and asked my spouse if he was having any problems. By the time we got home I was itching a lot, arms, neck, torso, etc. I did not even suspect that the hotel had bugs until I happened to go on the National Bed Bug Registry and another person got bed bugs from this same hotel in May 2011. DO NOT stay here. I feel crawly and now will spend a ton of money on extermination because this filthy hotel rents bug infested rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BestwesternPLUS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, September 10, 2011
We do not have a problem with bed bugs at our hotel. We have a contract with Orkin that treats all of our guest rooms on a monthly basis. Our housekeeping department has been trained on inspecting all rooms on a daily basis for any signs of issues. This guest has not notified the hotel of this issue and our is all of our rooms have been rented out with no issues. The hotel will have Orkin inspect the complete hotel on Monday.
Oshkosh, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family spent the night here and enjoyed the lovely pool area and swimming before bedtime. Hotel reception desk people were the very most friendly that I have ever encountered. They asked us several times if we had already printed our boarding passes and offered to help us with this service. Wake up call was prompt, shuttle bus driver extremely friendly and kind. Even better...was SUPER fast and again incredibly friendly when we called for our return pick up when our vacation was over. So convenient to pick up the courtesy phone at the Milwaukee airport and just push a button to get the shuttle. LOVED this hotel and their friendliness. Three cheers to whomever has trained these lovely employees!

Room Tip: We utilized the stay and park feature, so our room was in the rear section of the hotel. So conveni...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

When we checked into our room at this non-smoking hotel it smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. When the hotel staff could not find another room they offered an ozinator. We went out to eat and when we returned there was no ozinator (1 1/2 hours later). I called the front desk and they sent a man with the ozinator (no apology). He told us we would have to leave our room for 1-2 hours. This was at 8:30 at night. We declined so we are spending the night in a stinky, grimy room. Please avoid this place at all costs. You can tell it is not well maintained.

Room Tip: avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to start by offering my sincere apology for your experience at our hotel. Our front desk staff did offer to move the guest, however they decline and said the ozinator would be fine. I don't know why there was a delay in getting the ozinator into the room while thye went out for dinner. I will be reviewing this guest's comment with our staff so will can improve our service to all guests.

All Wisconsin hotels are 100% non smoking since the statewide smoking ban too affect in July of 2010. Some guest disregard the law and the hotel has to do a deep clean to the room. This is a very involved process to restore the room back to nonsmoking. We take pride in operating a very clean hotel and are a AAA rated three diamond property.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

7/23 Our experience at this hotel was terrible. Upon checking in we (me and my husband) found garbage inbetween the night stand and the bed. Candy wrapper on one side and a empty plastic cup with top on the other. In the bathroom wet toliet paper near the base of toliet, yuck. What seemed like make-up on the pillows. I had called down to the front desk for a housekeeping re-do. All the housekeeper did was pick up the garbage by the night stand, didn't care about the crumbs. And picked up the wet tp, how one picks up dog poo, housekeeper picked it up with a kleenex ...no gloves, Ew! She had stated the the make-up on the pillow was just stains...But what happened next was scary, as the housekeeper was leaving I noticed a hotel key card, in between the 2 beds. I picked it up and it said MASTER on it. And handed it to the housekeeping staff. Told her "you might need this" she seemed not to care that she had misplaced this very important key-card...that could get into every room in the hotel!!! Manager seemed not to care either, as I had confronted him around 10/11pm as he was with the staff fixing the toliet in my in-laws room (as it fell over...yes fell over) management response was that the key cards are reset at around midnight... so if this had happened to someone less trusting do to the neglect of the staff, who knows what could of happened... also our door security bar was loose as if someone had kicked in the door. Other then that decor out of date, pink flower pictures. Free breakfast was halfway decent. Pool area was nice, a lot of dead foliage from the trees. If your staying in the Milwaukee airport area.... I would not recommend this hotel. In-laws were comp'ed only $20 for the stay. I'm sure I will get an automated response, apologizing from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Fox Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here after attending Summerfest and really enjoyed the services and the rooms at this hotel. The building itself is a little dated and the layout is a little confusing, but the rooms are nice and the pillows are wonderful. I hate going to hotels that give you two thin pillows and terrible blankets. The four fluffy pillows per bed and soft linens at this Best Western Plus were very nice. The free hot breakfast the next day was nice, but a little messy. I enjoyed the waffles and felt that the service was worth the price we paid for the room. Overall, enjoyable and comfy stay. This hotel did everything we needed it to do for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I just recently had our wedding here. The food/service was excellent, the facilities were beautiful and everything turned out completely perfect. If you're looking for a high-quality venue, yet not outrageously priced, I would definetely recommend this hotel.

All guests were equally amazed and enjoyed their stays. Weddings included free HUGE king sweet for bride & groom, and our guests had super-cheap discounted room block rates. Included free hot breakfast buffet for all of our guests.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.

Address: 5105 S Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Best Value Hotel in Milwaukee
#7 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#12 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel Milwaukee
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center
Best Western Airport Hotel
Best Western Milwaukee
Milwaukee Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.