“Forget Happy Hour - Go For The Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bosley On Brady

Bosley On Brady
815 E Brady St, Milwaukee, WI 53202-1510 (Lower East Side)
414-727-7975
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosley On Brady is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,408 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Cass & Marshall
Transit: Bus stop on Van Buren or Marshall.
Description: American cuisine with a Key West influence.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Forget Happy Hour - Go For The Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have heard good things about Bosley on Brady for years, but never quite made it until this week. My wife and I went early on Wednesday evening, arriving just before 6:00. The bar was packed (apparently they boast one of the best Happy Hours in the area). We headed for the dining room, which was spacious and quiet (only 2 other tables occupied at the time). Their specialty is supposed to be seafood, although the waiter mention that their steaks were superb. We both ordered the grouper, which turned our to be light, flavorful and very fresh. We started with a salad, which we shared - also very fresh and flavorful We had no beverages of any sort. The tab was $65, which, to me, felt more than a bit high. The food was excellent. The server, Sean, was GREAT, but the price was not East Side Milwaukee -- it was downtown Manhattan. If they become more reasonable in their pricing (even $5 -$8 less for a piece of fish) this establishment will see a lot more of me. Otherwise, this will strictly be a special occasion location.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very friendly staff, drinks at the bar were great, and our dinners (surf and turf and glazed salmon) were excellent. We stared with the homeade chips drizzeled with gorgonzola and we loved them. As for dinner, the steak melted in my mouth like butter and my husband's salmon was delicious! We also tried the "trio" for dessert and were not disappointed. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love Love Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is probably one of the best, if not, my most favorite place to eat in Milwaukee. I've gone to Bosley's a number of times: for a birthday meal, quick little celebration with a friend, just stopping in to happy hour, and this past time for Valentine's day. Each time I leave, I am still talking about how good the food was a few days later, and the service. The servers are friendly, and always welcoming. This time around we did the whole sha-bang; appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. The appetizer was great, we had the special for that day... The salad was absolutely perfect. I had the wedge salad with spicy thousand island dressing. I didn't know a simple salad could be so satisfying! It was crunchy, filling, refreshing.. I'm happy I finally tried that salad this time around after eying it up on the menu the previous times before. My boyfriend had the beet salad; he loved it. Earthy, full of flavor, and pretty darn big! For the entree, I went with the seafood symphony, which changes each day. The scallop was cooked perfectly, both pieces of fish were full of flavor and flakey, and the tempura shrimp was huge! The mushroom risotto was heavenly. Probably the best risotto I've ever had. My boyfriend had the grouper, it tasted like it was from Florida. Maybe that's why we love this place so much, it really does have the Key West feel. And what a fun little getaway those couple hours at dinner can be when you live in Milwaukee and its freezing in February.

Make sure to check out their wine menu.. and happy hour specials. Grabbing a quick drink, an appetizer and walking up Brady Street is alway fun in the summer time, too. And the blueberry cobbler! A must!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Satisfactory Meal - Worth a Second Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I recently visited Bosley on Brady on a Friday night with my wife and another young couple. This was my first time at the restaurant after driving by it numerous times. The restaurant was packed, but the hostess seated us promptly as they had properly held a table for us (which was impressive as it was very crowded). Unfortunately, the server was somewhat cold and unfriendly. He was slow to get us drinks and bread. He looked like it was a bother to tell us the specials. When our drinks were empty, we had to get his attention to get another round. The food was good (not great). It was rather expensive in comparison to other similar Milwaukee restaurants. Despite my above criticisms, I really liked the warm atmosphere of the restaurant. It has a unique style and vibe. With better service and slightly lower prices, it could be a great place. Therefore, I will give it a second try.

La Grange, IL
“Great dinner experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Offers nicely balanced menu offerings (that were we well executed), and has a real strong wine list. Has a friendly and fun vibe, and the service is good. Just a short ride from downtown, and worth the trip.

• Visited December 2012