“A real touch of class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kil@wat Restaurant

Kil@wat Restaurant
139 E Kilbourn Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)
(414) 291-4793
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@wat Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair. Expect all of this in a distinctive, cutting edge decor that fills up the senses as you enjoy a meal. Whether it's the start of your night or your evening's destination, Kilawat works well with any plans. Enjoy an amazing dinner in under an hour before catching a show in the nearby Theatre District or grab a seat at the bar and take in the unique ambiance.
Freeport, Illinois
“A real touch of class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental, so it only made sense to try this out. What a treat; great cocktails and entrees, and perfect service. Entrees were hot and well prepared, just like you'd get in a bigger city, but with small city friendliness. We highly recommend a stop here.

Visited April 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. We take great pride in being able to provide an upscale seamless dining experience- and hope to see you next time you are in Milwaukee!

Warmly,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Perfect Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Six went to dinner. Appetizers, drinks, salads, soups, dinners and deserts were just wonderful. No complaints from anyone. In fact, we were all very pleasantly surprised how creative and delicious our choices were. The service was excellent also with all the courses being served in a fun, relaxed, unrushed but attentive way. Our table, towards the back of the room, was quiet, comfortable and had a great view. We were able to converse and easily hear one another, not like some overly loud restaurants where conversation can be impossible. Yes, we are all planning to go back for another visit. We all enjoyed a perfect dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the great feedback. Kil@wat offers guests a fun, unique, creative twist on food and dining, and we strive to create “fun” memorable experiences for all of our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Kil@wat and hope to see you see again soon!

Kind Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Filet Mignon Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Saying Kil@wat served me the best filet ever is a bold statement, I know! However, fact is fact.
I'm a huge steak eater and pretty much order a ribeye or filet 90% of the time when I go out to eat, which is at least once/week, usually twice. What can I say, I'm a carinivor.

I must say, although I had read good reviews on tripadvisor, which is what prompted me to try the restaurant, I did not expect to be saying I had my best filet ever. I was just hoping for a very nice meal. I may have had just a nice meal, but lucky me, my wife and I waited just long enough so that we got to experience Kil@wat's new chef. (I think they should keep him....ya' definitely keep him!)
I have never tasted such a perfectly cooked steak combined with an almost silky smooth texture, topped with an extremely complimentary sauce. I find too many chefs kill a great steak by over-saucing or spicing. I believe at Kil@wat, the chef knows exactly how good his cut of beef is and he just gives it the proper preparation and nothing more. Awesome!!

Yes, the ambiance is nice enough, (kind of trendy fun), and the drinks are good and served by a very friendly bartender, but you are going to a restaurant mainly for good food and they totally deliver, (at least on the filet)

I am going back soon to see if more of the menu will follow suit.
I really hope so; I'm pulling for them! If not, well, I still know where to get the best filet I've ever had!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our filet mignon and overall dining experience. Our Chef takes a unique approach to the filet by adding a succulent watercress hollandaise sauce along with baby potatoes and squash.

Next time you are with us I would recommend our Grandma's chicken. One of our guest favorites, it features tender slow roasted chicken, green bean casserole, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and crispy onions.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
414.291.4779
US
“Great Breakfast experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Kilawat had great and very affordable breakfast options for a higher end restaurant in a hotel. The menu was extensive and had both traditional breakfast foods and more creative dishes. The staff was very friendly and food service was fast. Great views too as you sit down and eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about Kil@wat, located inside the luxurious InterContinental Milwaukee. We take great pride in providing exceptional friendly service along with providing delicious breakfast offerings such as our Bananas Foster French Toast dish. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Atlanta
“A very good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Kil@wat restaurant had reasonable prices for a very good breakfast. There is nothing special about the decor but the restaurant is clean and pleasant and serves it's purpose.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the kind comments about breakfast in Kil@wat. We pride ourselves on delivering a quick, quality breakfast with efficient service for our local business travelers as well as our in-house guests at the InterContinental Milwaukee.

Kind Regards,