“Dinner before Shen Yun.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kil@wat Restaurant

Kil@wat Restaurant
139 E Kilbourn Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)
(414) 291-4793
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@wat Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair. Expect all of this in a distinctive, cutting edge decor that fills up the senses as you enjoy a meal. Whether it's the start of your night or your evening's destination, Kilawat works well with any plans. Enjoy an amazing dinner in under an hour before catching a show in the nearby Theatre District or grab a seat at the bar and take in the unique ambiance.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Dinner before Shen Yun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Kil@wat is my favorite restaurant. Have been going at least once or twice a year since 2011. The best waiter in Milwaukee, Graham, is always there to turn a special occasion into a celebration never to be forgotten.
I have never had a bad meal. In fact everything I've ever had there has been remarkable. You have to try the cucumber spin martini.
The manager Jasem came by to see if everything was to our liking, of course as always. All of the staff is friendly and very resourceful.
If you're looking for a swank place with a cool atmosphere you have to try kil@wat.

Anthony_Trester, General Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Shanna-

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad that Graham and Jasem were able to make your visit complete. I will make sure they know.

Thanks again-

Director of Outlets

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Not impressed at lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was staying at the intercontinental and decided to do lunch before heading out. Ordered the burger and pretty much amounted to a McDonalds big Mac. 2 small patties that looked like they came right out of the box. Maybe dinner is better but I wasn't impressed.

Chef_Druschitz, Executive Chef at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I'm sorry you did not enjoy our burger at lunch. There is some history to the menu item, as the family that owns our property originally owned the Big Boy Burger chain in the 1950's and the item is held on the menu as the last place you can get this version. I will definitely look into any possible training issues that may have led to an inconsistent product, and I'd like to thank you for your review, as it will be considered during our next menu change.

Robert Druschitz
Executive Chef
Hotel InterContinental Milwaukee
“Don't trust all the great reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Nice atmosphere. Service is not that great. The food was average and overpriced. Wouldn't recommend and won't return.

Anthony_Trester, Manager at Kil@wat Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Sloane B- I want to apologize that you did not receive the experience that we want all of our guests to receive. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you to help avoid situations like yours. Please feel free to contact me at Kil@wat or via email at anthonytrester@intercontinentalmilwaukee.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ripon, Wisconsin
“Jeff Dunham Performance Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Food was great. More than I could eat. Waiter was Rob. He was attentive at first, but later seemed to forget about us when we were finished eating. After waiting 10 minutes and listening to the waitstaff chit chat behind the server wall...we went to the hostess station to get our bill. This is not affect how good the meal was. Just suggest to be aware that customers can hear all the chatting about other employees and schedules....kind of a downer.

Visited February 2014
Kathy m- I am glad to hear you enjoyed your food. Thank you for your review as well. We definitely use your review as a training tool to help improve service. Please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Well done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had dinner here before a show. They were very crowded, and very short staffed, but did well. We didn't get our wine until well into the meal, but that wasn't too much of an issue. We asked for mayonaise as a side for the truffle fries and that took at least ten minutes to get.
The food was excellent and the wait staff made the best of it.
The menu didn't really work for me as a before-theater sort of place despite the special theater menu: the options were too limited.
We'll be back, but only when we have more time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MJPiette- Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do a lot of theater business and we obviously fail short of giving you the experience you deserved. Please know that reviews help with service training and what we need to do better. We look forward to your next visit so we can show you a great Kil@wat experience.