“Delightful dining experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilawat

Kilawat
139 E Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)
414.291.4793
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilawat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,431 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kil@wat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair. Expect all of this in a distinctive, cutting edge decor that fills up the senses as you enjoy a meal. Whether it's the start of your night or your evening's destination, Kil@wat works well with any plans. Enjoy an amazing dinner in under an hour before catching a show in the nearby Theatre District or grab a seat at the bar and take in the unique ambiance.
Delafield, Wisconsin, United States
“Delightful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had the pleasure to dine at Kil@wat before going to the theatre. We sat at booth overlooking the lovely holiday lights and skating rink in downtown Milwaukee. We ordered the fixed price menu and a specialty cocktail. It was delicious and everything was presented beautifully by our attentive server.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anthony_Trester, Manager at Kilawat, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Bestmama03-
Thank you for the great review. Glad to see you were able to take advantage of our $30 menu. Hope to see you back next time you are attending a show.

Anthony Trester
Director of Outlets

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bad food - great service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The appearance is amazing, very elegant and the wait staff was very friendly - our waiter was especially nice after I complained about my entree (he did not charge me for it). I ordered the Chicken Breast with Drumstick Jus and it was the worst chicken I had ever eaten. It was so dry I couldn't eat half of it and it came with potato something as a side which was really extra greasy bacon flavored hash browns. Can't complain about the green beans though. My friend ordered the salmon, he said it was okay, nothing to rave about though. Overall I wouldn't recommend Kil@wat to anyone, unless they are ordering Sangria - that was the best part of my meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chef_Druschitz, Executive Chef at Kilawat, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Megra2013,

I would like to personally apologize for the quality of your meal. This end result is definitely not the goal of our kitchen, and I'd like to thank you for your comments as we'll be using those to further the training of our kitchen staff. We'd love to have you come back and give us a second chance, as I am confident that this is not the normal dining experience for our customers. Please feel free to send me an e-mail if there's anything we can do to make a future dining experience more special.

Robert Druschitz
Executive Chef
Hotel InterContinental Milwaukee
Chef@intercontinentalmilwaukee.com
Racine
“Thanksgiving Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Met family from out of town at Kil@wat for Thanksgiving breakfast. The atmosphere was very nice, the staff was great and they have a very nice breakfast selection. The restaurant is in the Inter Continental hotel, so if you are staying there or in the area, I would suggest their breakfast. I looked at the dinner menu and it look as good, but can't say for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chef_Druschitz, Executive Chef at Kilawat, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your Thanksgiving visit at Kil@wat! We hope you have a great holiday season and that you'll come in soon to try our dinner menu.

Best regards,

Robert Druschitz
Executive Chef
InterContinental Milwaukee
1 414 291 4773
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Do not go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went to Kil@wat with a client, the food was amazing however the service was terrible. The restaurant was fairly empty because it was a late lunch and the waiter ignored us the whole time, I kept looking back and seeing him sitting at the bar watching TV. My client 1. Got the wrong meal, she wasn't eating it but the waiter never came by so she decided to eat anyways because she was hungry. 2. She ran out of her beverage and was parched so she asked if she could drink some of my water, because the waiter never came by to check on us.
I called the manager and never heard back. So I obviously got the feeling the the management doesn't care about how people are treated at their establishment.
I live here in Milwaukee and take clients out quite often, I will never recommend this place.
BAD SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT DOESN"T CARE!!!

Wi
“great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our second time at Kilowat and it just as good as the first. We both had steak and it was perfect. The waitstaff is great and the atmosphere is nice. The only problem was the meal came out before the appetizer, but we just cancelled the app no problem.