“Perfect anniversary retreat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3209 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53208   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“Perfect anniversary retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Schuster Mansion for 2 nights as a 19th anniversary get away from the children. First off, the mansion is stunning. The woodwork and architecture is beautiful and a true Victorian BNB experience. We stayed in the Pias and loved our room. It was decorated beautifully (as is every room!) and was clean as could be. We had a lovely canopied bed, a sitting room and private bath. We opted to take the tour of the mansion and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rick and Laura Sue are amazing, welcoming hosts that are very willing to share their knowledge of the mansion with you, and it is quite interesting! They are very accommodating and didn't mind that we couldn't check in until 11:30 pm. The breakfasts are amazing and so delicious. We were given a choice of 4 options and the 2 we had were very good, along with the warm banana bread loaf with clotted cream, loose leaf tea, and juice. The dining room is beautiful and eating breakfast in there was very enjoyable. All in all, I'd recommend this BNB to anyone looking for a Victorian get away with lovely hosts. I loved it so much, I would love to bring our 2 daughters and my mother here for a weekend. I hope to make that happen!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been going to the Schuster Mansion for more than five years and each time I go, I feel more and more like I'm going home. Not only are the rooms beautiful, Laura Sue and Rick are amazing hosts. In fact, they've become more than just a host and hostess to me; they have become my friends.

Laura Sue helped me get through my harsh chemo and radiation treatments. She saw me go from my natural dirty-blond hair, to no hair, to different color hair (depending on which wig I felt like wearing), to my now Chemo Ash colored hair. She laughs with me and cries with me and always makes me feel like I'm the most important guest she's ever had. The Schuster Mansion was definitely a big part of my becoming a five-year survivor.

The neighborhood...of please...no worries. I used to walk their dog at night by myself and thought nothing of it. I've been at the mansion all by myself on a few rare occasions with all the doors unlocked and felt perfectly safe. I love going there in the early fall and late spring because I can sleep with the windows open and feel the cool breeze coming into my room.

If you're going to visit the Schuster Mansion, make plenty of time to just enjoy each and every room on the first floor. I've eaten in the library, the main dining room, the smaller dining cove and even the kitchen. Every room has it's unique qualities. But best of all, each and every time I go there, I can take a deep breast, relax and forget the world.

Don't let this incredible bed and breakfast pass you by.

Room Tip: All the rooms have their special qualities...stay there often and experience each one!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent one night in Milwaukee at the Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast. The Mansion is wonderfully restored and comfortable. Rick and Laura Sue are gracious hosts. My wife and I have traveled in over 20 countries and have never met more capable hosts. My stay was short for a brief business trip but I will stay here again when in Milwaukee.

The bed and bath were well appointed and quiet. I had a good nights sleep and had a wonderful breakfast. They provided four breakfast options which all sounded interesting. I will be taking my wife back for a weekend sometime soon.

I stayed in a room just right for one with a shared bath. The bath is shared with just one other room. I have no complaints and think the hosts found their calling.

If you are interested in staying in a fine Victorian Mansion this is the place to be in Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Mansion was "AWESOME"! Beautiful Victorian decor. We felt very at home with the "AWESOME" innkeepers, Rick & Laura. Very dedicated & knowledgeable on the history of the Mansion, Rick took the time to sit with us and share the history of Mansion & then gave us a tour. The Breakfast was "AWESOME"! We were even blessed to have Laura sit with us during Breakfast and share her "AWESOME" dream come true with this Mansion & also how she meet her wonderful husband Rick. The Premium package is the way to choose for this B&B! We even had a chilled bottle of wine sitting in the Victorian living room. We stayed in the Serenity Suite & enjoyed our two night stay. We loved Laura's recommendation in having dinner at Balisteri.
The purpose of our trip was to visit the Harley factory & Museum but so happy we came across this B&B on Trip Advisor & being #1 on the list of places to stay!
Thank you Rick & Laura for welcoming us to your Mansion & treating us like a Queen & King!
May God bless you guys & The Mansion. Hope to see you again. Angel & Lydia

Room Tip: Stayed in The Serenity Room, 1st floor next to entrance. But Toured The Mansion & all rooms are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was our first visit and stay at the Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast and we were so glad we found it and chose to stay there for our special getaway.

Pulling up on our arrival day, we got to meet Rick, one of the innkeepers, and we were immediately welcomed and made to feel right at home and that we made a great choice for our visit to Milwaukee.

From that first moment, we just enjoyed one moment after another. Our room was excellent, the morning coffee and banana bread at our door was super, the daily breakfasts were amazingly good, tasty and wonderful (innkeeper Laura Sue is a wonderful chef) and everything about the Schuster Mansion was what we wanted, expected and hoped for when we booked our stay.

The mansion is great and so wonderful on so many levels. It is an ongoing work in progress for the innkeepers and owners (the Mosiers) but they are dedicated, committed and capable. Their vision and efforts make this a must make return visit for us at some point to see their dreams and plans come to fuller fruition.

The mansion is amazing, comfortable, historically accurate and even contains a wonderful amount of original woodwork, original doors and original features. That was all brought even more to life during the tour of the mansion (included as part of our upgrade). We learned so much about the history of the mansion, the Schuster family and the earlier history of Milwaukee and the area around the mansion. Laura Sue does a great job of enlightening guests like us so much about the mansion and its history and life. Wow!

We were so glad we found the Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast and do plan to return when we head back to Milwaukee.

Thanks to Rick and Laura Sue for a great stay, a wonderful experience and a new place to hang of hats when we come to Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Richard's Den is an awesome room...snap it up if you can when making a reservation.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I live in Oak Creek, WI and wanted to do something special, but local, for my 30th birthday. I must say, I could not have asked for a better birthday gift! The innkeepers, Rick and Laura Sue, are wonderful and extremely accommodating. The Serenity Suite was beautiful, breakfast was delicious, and the extra special birthday touches made me feel very welcome. We will definitely be back to stay at the Schuster Mansion! Thank you Rick and Laura Sue for everything! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The mansion and the rooms were so well though out and decorated, everything was in appropriate Victorian era time period. Felt like you walked back into time. The hosts were gracious and you really felt like you were pampered with the breakfast, delicious cookies, wine and morning coffee and tea delivered to your room. Finally Laura Sue was nice enough to seat us with another couple to enjoying breakfast the B&B style with great conversation. Stayed in the Prairie Sky room and it was so cute and cozy!

FYI, the immediate area is not the best but the mansion itself is gorgeous and the location is close to everything. Parking is available in the back so unless your planning to walk in the neighborhood the area should not be problem at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!