“A Wonderful Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3209 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53208   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Rockford, Illinois
“A Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I had a great time at Schuster Mansion. When we arrived the smell of homemade chocolate chip cookies filled the air. Rick was great to talk to and was a very good cook! I will recommend Schuster Mansion to my friends and continue to visit again.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I had never gone to a Bed and Breakfast, but we had the most amazing experience! Laura Sue, the innkeeper, was absolutely delightful. She was very kind and helped us plan our stay in Milwaukee. The house was impeccable. Our room was so relaxing and charming, and nothing could beat waking up to a tray of hot tea and cake! We were spoiled and can't wait to go again!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I got a call earlier in the day from the owner checking in to see what time I was planning on checking in. We weren't going to be there until a little later, had to work that day! She gave me directions of what to do when I got there and where to park. My husband I like to go do our own thing and run around. There was no issue with coming in late, as we did stay out a bit late both nights. We were able to sleep in and have breakfast at our pre-selected time, which was great! We are a young couple, and were able to have a weekend without our little boy. We were also happy to see that there were a few other couples that were around our age that we're staying there. The owner, Laura, was super hospitable and very friendly. She made us feel at home the minute we checked in. The mattress was so comfy and the sheets smelled so good! There are a ton of things to look at in the mansion, and not a speck of dust (much different from our house :-) ). We definitely will be coming back! Thanks for such a nice weekend!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My future fiancée and I stayed here last year while visiting family and loved everything about the property. We received a warm welcome for the owners and their cute pup upon our late arrival from Chicago. The mansion is beautiful and well maintained - each room has it's own character and charm. It's located near the Miller Brewery and Marquette University which we were sure to check out. All in all, great stay, great staff and a great homemade breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A big part of the fun of staying at a B & B rather than a traditional hotel is learning about the history of the building and interacting with the innkeepers and meeting other guests over morning meals. At the Schuster Mansion, you really get it all: a fabulous property with a gorgeous but comfortable setting, extremely kind and hospitable innkeepers, with all the details like secure private parking and free internet that you want taken care of, as well as extras that add even more value to your stay. A stay here would make any trip to the Milwaukee area more memorable, and would be worth a trip to the city just by itself. The area the property is in is close to Marquette and easy to find with very easy access off the highway.

The owners, Rick and Laura Sue, are passionate not only about the property as a B & B but as a part of Milwaukee's rich history. They are extremely knowledgeable about the mansion's interesting past, and are committed to sharing the story with their guests. Their care and expertise in restoring the mansion is the reason why it retains so much of its unique character. II recommend seeing everything in person for it to be fully appreciated, but their great website also has many photos that shows how all the areas of the home have their own ambiance. Everything is spotless and impeccably maintained. Rick and Laura Sue really know the area and are quite helpful with directions and recommendations for anything that you want to do.

Rick and Laura Sue are so warm and gracious that it's like staying with friends, if those friends had a spectacular home and were outstanding cooks. The food is wonderful and I got to choose from several options, as well as having a food allergy accommodated. My fruit crepe dish was equal to the presentation of the table, and that's saying a lot as meals are served in a beautiful dining area with gorgeous china and utensils. Breakfast was relaxed and enjoyable with the innkeepers very attentive to guests throughout.

Laura Sue is a talented graphic designer whose good taste and creativity is reflected throughout the mansion's interior. Everywhere you look there is something beautiful to catch your eye, but unlike many other Victorian B & B's, it's never fussy or artificial-looking. I stayed in the Prairie Sky room in a corner of the topmost floor and appreciated all the artistic and beautiful details. Beds are extremely comfortable and even though there were other guests and activity throughout the mansion's floors during my stay, I found it very quiet on my floor and got a great night's sleep.

An added treat was Isaac, their delightful Corgi, who likes to play fetch with interested guests. It's not surprising that he is a favorite with those who stay here.

I do half-marathons and many of my out-of-town stays are for themed race events, as was this one. Not only did the innkeepers accommodate my early arrival to that I could get to my run that evening, but Laura Sue offered to let me borrow a pair of hand-made wings she'd created to go with my ensemble for the Halloween race. I got tons of compliments on them - now that's going above and beyond for your guests!

Rather than offering "one-size-fits all amenities", the Schuster Mansion features a variety of plans so that you can customize your experience depending upon your time frame, interests, and budget. You can opt out of breakfast or add on a tour of the property, along with many other choices; you can just tell them what you'd like and they will personalize your stay the way you want it. This makes the experience an even better value and is a reflection on the flexibility and hospitality of the innkeepers.

If you are staying in Milwaukee, a stay at the Schuster Mansion is an experience that you will always remember, and if you are a B & B fan, prepare to have your highest expectations met! There is a reason why this property is so well-reviewed and highly-ranked, and the first time you're a guest you will find out why. My past stay will certainly not be my last and I look forward to introducing more of my friends to this marvelous B & B in future trips to Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Check their website before booking - they have lots of nice photos that will give you a good overvie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

When you stay at Schuester Mansion, you are given a key to your room, as well as one to the mansion. The owners are always present, ready and willing to get you any attention you desire. Your selected bottle of wine is chilled and waiting for you, and you are never disturbed for anything besides your call for breakfast, which they arrange with you ahead of time. Want breakfast at 6:30am? They will be up. Feel like sleeping until 10? Not a problem.

Our room had a TV in case we felt like watching it (full cable setup as well), and plenty of towels. Radiators were silent the whole time, but always warm.

Would definitely stay there again, recommend to a friend, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitewater, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Rick and Laura Sue went above and beyond to make our stay superb. Here are a few reasons why:
Accommodating to our late arrival.
Graciously let us explore the mansion .
Outstanding breakfast options as well as outstanding taste.
Complimentary parking and Wifi

Much too many to list all. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!