My husband and I stayed at the Schuster Mansion for 2 nights in the Serenity Suite. Upon arrival we were greeted by Laura Sue, owner and she graciously sat us down to get all the paperwork check-in requests done, and a chance to get to know our new temporary home. (This allowed us the ability to enjoy the suite until check out time, not fretting over payments in the end of our stay.)
The attention to detail throughout this mansion is striking. More time was spent visually enjoying the fine detail and perfectly placed period antiques and decorations throughout, than just casually walking through. Laura Sue personally hand-cut hundreds of gold stars from wallpaper that were tactfully placed on our ceiling and walls in the Serenity suite and other rooms throughout the mansion that accented the mood portrayed by each room's theme. Our hot tub was extra large and had his/hers robes awaiting after exit, again adding to the fine experience of our stay. The bottle of wine was perfect icing on the cake.
We LOVED the 3 tiered service plan. (We wish all B&B's offered this). We chose the premier package. The history tour was fascinating and detailed. It left me thirsting to know more about the Schuster Family, as it was told with passion and respect of an era gone by of Milwaukee wealth and family ties. We had full tea/coffee delivered to our room with ALL the fixings. I felt like a princess. A simple knock on the door and announcement of "Goodmorning" meant hot tea, steaming warm fresh from the oven breads with whipped topping, all the condiments including fine china and linens made waking up that much better! Served when WE wanted it to be delivered! Top that off with an additional gourmet breakfast of 3 choices what time we chose to eat. What more could one ask for?
Premier also included tips and tricks of area places to see and do. Even being from the Milwaukee area ourselves, we found places we would have never known existed. It made our weekend get-a-way top notch.
One must overlook the negative reviews for the Schuster Mansion, as with any hotel/motel, there are policies and cancellation fees that are put in place for a reason so the top notch experience that a Bed and Breakfast offers can truly be enjoyed. My husband and I will definately be back to enjoy some more fine pampering that Laura Sue and Rick offer through their gorgeous home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Schuster Mansion is the newest B&B in Milwaukee's Historic Concordia Neighborhood. Converted to luxury apartments in the 20s, owners/innkeepers Rick & Laura Sue take great pride in returning this architectural gem to its original splendor. Situated just 5 minutes from downtown, it's the perfect destination for your private weekend getaway. Our spacious Victorian suites will surround you in luxury and our wonderful homemade breakfasts can be enjoyed at your private in-suite breakfast table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuster Mansion Hotel Milwaukee
- Schuster Mansion Bed And Breakfast