“Good value and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“Good value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Two night stay on a weekend business trip. Pretty much liked everything about the hotel. Location is near Mitchell Airport and convenient to the freeways. There is a nice comfortable lobby and the layout of the hotel is easy to navigate.

The bed was comfortable and they had four pillows on the bed, two marked firm and two marked soft. I liked that it had a regular thermostat that you could set to the desired temperature. The room had a microwave and refrigerator which is always a big plus. Good shower and the normal amenities in the bathroom.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and there is a small shop with snacks, sodas and water. Saw but did not use a fitness center with treadmills and stair master. Also an indoor pool and a bar that didn't seem to get a lot of action.

I would recommend to anyone looking for a good value for the money

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our hotel and your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee Airport.

Microwaves and refrigerators are actually included in every one of our guest rooms. Thank you once again for your kind words and I will make sure to relay all of them to our staff.

Clint Wills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I attribute the run-down part to the fact that they have a 'waterpark' at this location so lots of kids and families likely stay here.
Lobby and rooms look like they haven't had a re-design since the mid 90's. Not nearly has nice as other Holiday Inn Express locations.
Front desk greeting (when I got in late last night) was far from pleasant. She groaned and said 'You gotta be kidding me!" as she picked up a phone call as I approached the desk. If you're a Priority Club member don't expect a 'goodie bag' or, evidently, a warm reception when you arrive.
Elevator was out of order which was a problem if you're staying on the 3rd floor. The elevator call button panel was completely destroyed and cobbled together with super glue.
The king suite is not much of a suite at all. The room felt small and cramped.
Likely won't stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Although we may not always see comments that we like we absolutely need honest feedback in order to improve our hotel.

I apologize for the less than pleasant greeting you were provided when arriving at our hotel. At the Holiday Inn Express we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and I apologize that we fell short of our own high expectations. I have spoken to the front desk agent that was working during your arrival and I can assure you that this will never happen again.

I have also spoken to the agent who did not recognize your priority club status as this is a requirement of our hotel and you should've been provided with a treat bag consisting of a snack and a bottle of water.

I apologize for the elevator buttons being in the state of disrepair that they were. Unfortunately someone had slammed the buttons into the elevator and we have to wait about 2 weeks before the new buttons / equipment arrive. We had to use a glue gun in the meantime in order to keep the elevator open.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.
Chicagoland area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express is a newer hotel and has everything you would need (excerise room, kitchenette, indoor pool, comfy bed). We were able to book this through hotwire for $42/night for our early flight the next morning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while you were in Milwaukee and posting such nice comments. I have shared your feedback to our staff and thanked them for their service.

wauwatosa, wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We have a three children under 4 and they all loved it. It was really nice having a poolside room because if you wanted to eat something or do anything you didn't have to leave the pool area you could just walk into your room. I actually live 10 miles from the hotel and I went down before I made a reservation and asked if I could take a tour. They said sure and they actually had someone walk with me and show me everything and answer all my questions. The room ceiling sounds like there is no insulation because you could hear children running and jumping. The food was excellent even for the little ones.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. I'm very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the hotel. Our poolside rooms are definetely the most popular room types for our leisure travelers.

We look forward to greeting you the next time you choose to stay close to home.

Sincerley,

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

My husband and I wanted to treat my 2-year-old son what he calls the "beach pool" so after a little research on nearby inpoor water parks, I discovered the Holiday Inn Express. What led me to the hotel was the great feedback people gave regarding the cleanliness of the hotel. Seeing that I'm somewhat of a neat-freak, this positive attiribute was at the top of my list. I was also very impressed with the manager's response to much of the positive and not-so flattering remarks.

Long story short: the "beach pool" aka indoor water park is specificically for the little ones; probably 10 and under would enjoy it best. The first night there, 12/24, the pool was clean the water temperature balmy. The game room is a little small but again fitting for a certain age group.

The room was clean. I take my own sheets when I travel (told you I was a little weird) but found that I didn't need them. The sheets were very, white and no stains, odors or anything else that would totally ruin my stay. The carpet in the room was decent too.

The bathroom was clean but of course I HAD to disinfect the door knobs, telephone, shower handles, toilet seat, tv remote control, etc; especially with H1N1 lurking about.

The breakfast was OK. You know, your standard breakfast: eggs, cereal, cinnamon rolls, fruit, milk, juice, coffee, and oh yeah meat which we don't eat and that's why it's at the end of my list:)

Overall, we had some nice away time from the big city during the "holiday". I would recommend this hotel for families with little ones looking to kick back and not venture out too much. Oh yeah, if you wanna shop, there's a Burling Coat Factory right behind the hotel in walking distance.

One last thing my husband wanted me to mention: We didn't like that the hotel allowed dogs in the dinning area. We noticed a dog in the dining area during a private dinner. Not sure, but I think that's a public health violation??

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2009
Hello:

Thank you very much for posting comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel's pool area was built specifically for your sons age group and I'm very happy to hear that he enjoyed himself.

I'm also very happy to hear how clean your rooms was....our housekeeping staff prides themselves on excellent cleanliness scores as ranked by our customer surveys and brand inspections.

I completely agree with you that no pet of any kind should be allowed in the dining area. That is actually a rule of ours but I will make sure to let all of the breakfast hosts to be on the look out for that. I know that I would not care to dine close to a dog.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and your honest feedback.

red wing, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

your hotel is very nice, clean, conveniently located and your staff is very accomodating and helpful

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I will make sure to share them with all of our employees.

Beloit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Everything went very smoothly considering we had a total of 98 hotel rooms in Oak Creek and their were no major problems. When we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express, everyone received a treat bag with a bottled water and a bag of chips. The rooms were very clean and made up each day with clean towels, etc. and the hot breakfast each morning was very good. The pool at the Holiday Inn is geared a lot for children so it would be a great place for a family either traveling or just some weekend fun.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Hello:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of the Holiday Inn Express - Milwaukee Airport. We very much enjoyed having your group while you were in town.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed their stays and look forward to housing your employees anytime they come back to Milwaukee.

Clint Wills

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!