Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Louisville, Kentucky
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel. It was a very nice hotel. Nice room, nice bathroom, comfortable beds. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a better rating on trip advisor. The pool is awesome for those traveling with small children. There is a zero entry pool that stays quite shallow, definitely made to accommodate those traveling with toddlers. There is also a roped off area with two basketball goals for those a bit older and a whirlpool for the adults to enjoy. The breakfast was standard hotel fare. Its convenient to the airport and a short ride to downtown. My only negative was the rate they charged for the night. There were several events occurring in Milwaukee over the weekend and the hotel definitely took advantage of that by charging an astronomical rate (as did most of the other hotels that had vacancies). As someone who travels quite frequently, I would definitely be more loyal to a hotel chain if they didn't price gouge just because they could. Other than that a perfectly nice hotel that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't border the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the Kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and in Milwaukee. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Winneconne, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed at this "WISCO Group" Holiday Inn Express many times.
Easy to get to, plenty of secured, lighted parking in a very nice area.
Accommodations and amenities were plentiful. Happy hour with complimentary local Brews, Complimentary breakfast had to much to choose from!
Staff was outstanding as usual.

Thank you again "Wisco Group" for your high standards of Hotel accommodations!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the kind review. I am glad that you had another great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Milwaukee!

Shepherdstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Everything from the staff, to the breakfast, to the room was just great! The price was reasonable and it was just a short car ride to the city. We had a huge suite with a king size bed, the towels were thicker than most hotels, and there were many choices for breakfast. If we are ever I. The area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Say-Wen,

I want to thank you for the kind comments. Our staff will always try to do what every they can to make sure that our guests are happy and comfortable. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and the breakfast

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel is exactly what you could expect from a holiday inn express. You get what you pay for. The hotel is located conveniently 5 minutes from the MKE airport, with free shuttle service to guests (as long as it is scheduled). I had a NS King room on the second floor that was clean, smelled nice and the bed/sheets were very comfortable. I took advantage of the microwave and coffee pot that was provided in the room and also the flat screen TV. The halls were very quiet even though the hotel was sold out. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially someone who needs to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We will always try to make sure that all our guests are satisfied! Our staff takes pride in guest service and we are glad that you have noticed this.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Plover, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now. The experience was okay but in the future I will consider other hotels.
The second last time we stayed here we had a friend staying as well. My wife is in a wheelchair and we need an accessible room and in this case one that had a pull out couch as well since there was only one bed. They were able to give us one. I knew I was going to stay at this place again so I requested the same room to be booked for us. The room was spacious for wheelchair maneuvering. But when we went to check in last time they had switched rooms on us and put us in a room where the accessible bathroom did not even have a shower chair. The path to the bedroom was so narrow that my wife could not even get into the bedroom.
The breakfast is okay. The time before last we stayed there was some confusion between the check-in staff and breakfast staff. We were told that breakfast was from 7.30AM to 10.30AM and food was being put away at 10.00AM. Come to find out that it was from 7AM to 10AM. We were not the only ones; at least we had gotten our food but few others were just walking in.
In spite of all of this I would like to commend Mario, the service person. He was extremely professional, courteous and helpful in resolving the accessibility issues we had during our last stay. Comment to management - hire more people like Mario, ensure that there is communication between different staff groups and train staff, especially the reservation staff with regards to needs of people with disabilities and follow through on reservation requests. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I want to thank you for the review. I do want to apologize about the confusion that you had with the breakfast. I have talked to all my staff to make sure that they know when breakfast times are. We do have a few newer people here and they may have been confused. I do want hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I picked this hotel because the ones downtown were way too expensive. It was clean, nice and updated, and the workers were friendly. However, our room never got cleaned, and we had to go down to the front desk to swap out our dirty towels for clean ones, and had to make our own bed. I liked that it had a microwave and fridge, and we used the fitness center and the pool, which were both nice (although the elliptical in the fitness center is broken). The breakfast was nice - typical for a hotel breakfast. Also, if you are like us and aren't traveling with kids, just know the pool seems to attract lots of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LMG1988,

We are glad that you were able to enjoy yourself while you were at this hotel. I do want to apologize to you about the room not being cleaned. We did bring this up to housekeeping to make sure that it does not happen again.

Thank you again!
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and baby for three nights in a pool room. Room was clean and property was very quiet. The free breakfast is great--there is plenty to choose from. As it happened, I was at the front desk a few times with multiple requests....asked to turn up heater on pool, needed crib for room, needed towels, etc. The staff, namely Mario and Eddie, were so accommodating! Very friendly and addressed my issues/requests in a timely manner and with a smile. I wish that were the kind of customer service I got everywhere. It really made a difference in our stay...thanks guys!! Pool was great for the baby once it was warmed up a bit. It would be a better pool area if the floor wasn't painted that orange color. Paint chips stick to feet and get in pool...easy to track it into room. Other than that...great value. We'll be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tracyakacz,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that you and your husband and kids were able to enjoy the pool and the room. Our staff will do what every they can to make sure our guests have a great stay and we are glad we were able to do that for you!

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!