“Great value...would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Great value...would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for $60 on hotwire.com. We got our monies worth in the managers reception and the free breakfast. My daughter enjoyed the pool and the hot tub was nice as well. I really have nothing bad to say. Great service too.

• Stayed January 2014
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind review. Our pool area is great for smaller kids and the hot tub is very nice as well. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am also glad to hear your kids enjoyed the pool area.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stay at this HI Express every month on business. Everyone at the hotel knows me by name and always extends a warm welcome. I know all the team members, they share stories about their families, etc. Makes it bearable to be on the road. This hotel is also part of the Wisco Hotel group in Wisconsin. They own several properties around the state. I always stay at Wisco property if it all possible (Madison, Fond du Lac, Appleton, etc.) I highly recommend their properties to other travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Wes,

Thank you for the kind review. We like to treat all our guests like family and with how much you stay with us, we consider you part of the family as well.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you the next time you stay with us in Milwaukee,

Bloomington IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This may be a converted Country Inn, but the experience here is straight out of the Holiday Inn Express playbook. On a cold winter night I appreciate a warm cozy room and that is what I got.... no surprises anywhere except for the over-sized pool area that would be excellent for families traveling with children. We had to leave early in the morning and thankfully most of the breakfast was already out a half hour earlier than advertised. The location could be a hindrance, not exactly an upscale stretch of the airport perimeter. But once inside, you'll be happy you came here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Nrstycz,

I want to thank you for the kind review. I did want to let you know that we do have a unique design to our building but we have always been a Holiday Inn Express. And we will always try to live up to the HI Express Experience!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time here as well.

Thank you again!
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a very early flight (6am) from MKE and so drove down the night before. We were gone for over a week, so we looked for a place that had a park and fly. This was a little more expensive than a few others, but was a nice hotel in a nice location with good reviews. So the extra $20 for the night in the hotel was easily paid for by the savings of $56 in potential parking fees. They have a shuttle service leaving every 1/2 hour in the am, and come within 5 min of being called in the pm. And it is all that you would expect in a Holiday Inn. So a very good choice if you want to stay over the night before a flight out of MKE and you dont want to drive to the airport (the shuttle ride was b/t 5-10 minutes).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Goneinaheartbeat,

Thank you for the great review!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the time that you did spend with us while you were here. I am also excited to hear that you had a good ride to the airport.

Thank you again for the review!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We wanted something close to home that we could be together. This was perfect. We rented three poolside rooms. Six adults and two babies under 2. The pool area was perfect for us because it was geared towards little kids. There was NO slide like the picture shows but that was okay for us. After the kids went to bed and the pool closed...we were still able to sit outside our rooms and play games. The hotel staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice. A continental breakfast in morning including bacon, eggs, gravy and sausage. Thanks for a great stay and a family memory. We will see you next year!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear AngelaWoessner,

I want to thank you for the kind review.

With the picture of the slide on the Trip Adviser site it was a guest photo that we can not get off unless the guest removes it. I do want to apologize for any confusion this may cause you or any guests.

Although you did have a Great Getaway and we are glad that you enjoyed it.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

For all the advertising and hype I'm exposed to regarding HI&S I was somewhat disappointed in the level of maintenance in both rooms in which we stayed over a three day holiday stay after Christmas 2013. In the first room the wallpaper was peeling from the wall. This was easily observable by housekeeping staff. Did they not see what we did or, not bother to report it, or did but it wasn't deemed important to correct. On other room, one side of the privacy blind was completely missing. Again, it's easily observed by housekeeping staff. The pool area was unique and very kid friendly. Good customer-service response from the front desk, and good free morning breakfast. The need for attentiveness to routine maintenance was disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I want to think you for staying with us. We have been working with out housekeeping team to let us know when there are issues in the room. We have also put a maintenance check in place that we could get to more rooms more often so that we can fix the problems that are in the rooms.

Our staff is very good at responding to guest issues and we will always try to make your stay better even if there is an issue that you do encounter with your stay.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband get myself and our kids a pool side room for one night and it was less than stellar.

When I arrived my first thought was that it was beautifully decorated in the lobby. When I got to the desk it was literally a two minute check in. I had to sign the standard form and an additional form for my dog. The man never asked for my debit card (we reserved the room online) or even a form of identification. We did not receive our wristbands for the pool either.

I told the man my husband would be there later that night after he got out of work and asked if he needed anything to give to my husband. He said no, but later won't tell my husband the room we were in and didn't call the room to let me know he was there. My husband had to call my cell phone to find us.

While I wish I was done griping, I'm not. The most disheartening thing was that the hot tub was out of order. I chose this specific hotel because the proximity of the hot tub and pool. I would have been able to relax in the hot tub while still keeping an eye on the children. After all, the entire point of the stay was for me to have a little time for relaxation and the kids to blow off steam.

I also don't understand the point of the wristbands if they aren't being checked anyway. Like I said earlier, we didn't receive ours at check in so we weren't wearing them and we're never questioned.

When I checked out (which was early because the hot tub wasn't working and there were "lighting problems" in the pool area), I told the woman at the front desk my grievances. She was very apologetic and over all pleasant. That's nice and all, but that's not what the Hospitality Promise states.

Overall, it's a nice hotel but I won't be staying there with my children again.

• Stayed January 2014
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear threelittlebirds1986,

I want start off by thanking you for reviewing our hotel. All comments are taken seriously and I will be looking into some of the comments made. All our front desk agents should be taking ID. Although when it is done online and is a pre-paid we may not take a credit card due to you already paying for the room. We also usually put down other names that will be coming into the room so that they would not have the problem as well checking in with you.

The hot tub did go down due to the heater not working properly and the lights did work we just had some work outside to replace a burnt out light that we needed them off so they company working would not get hurt.

Please email me at bwinkler@wiscohotels.com and we can discuss this further.

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!