“Fantastic customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“Fantastic customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Three adults and two children stayed in a suite that had a frig, large screen tv, two queen beds and a set of bunk beds, in a separate area with another tv. Good size bathroom with the sink inside the bathroom.

Extremely clean upon arrival and housekeeping did a great job every day.

Breakfast area was full most days over the weekend but I never saw anyone waiting for a table. Flow of the food area was congested but manageable. Usual fare for a complimentary breakfast with the addition of pancake maker instead of the usual waffle maker. Chocolate milk was available one day, yogurt and hard boiled eggs every day. Would have liked to had granola as a cereal option.

Front desk went above and beyond accommodating our group since two arrived a day early and stayed a day longer which required room changes. Management had the new rooms ready before 11 am both days so we could move our luggage before we headed out for the day. We were also allowed to have keys to two suites to decide if we wanted the king with the pullout couch or the doubles with the bunk beds. The king room smelled like smoke even though it is a non-smoking hotel.

Lobby area is nice but smelled of a too-strong fruity scented cleaner. Computers in lobby did not work. Internet is free and accessible in the rooms.

Pool area is huge, wrist bands are required but not checked. Hot tub was super hot and the pool is a shallow pool complete with a water play area and basketball hoops. An attendant was on site supervising, but was tucked in a corner and didn't see glass bottles on the deck or young children in the hot tub (both against posted rules). Some first floor rooms open out to the pool. We were on the third floor overlooking the pool but could not hear the noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear bdaygirl,

I want to thank you for reviewing us on. We pride ourselves on customer service and and our front desk is very good at making sure that our guests are comfortable and enjoying the time they spend with us. Our lobby is scented to smell fresh which is provided by IHG. We usually have the first few days when we replace them that it really is noticable.

Im also glad you enjoyed the room and there was no noise. The windows facing the pool are very good at keeping the noise level down so that you and other guests are able to enjoy your room and have a good night sleep.

Thank you again!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winneconne, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed here before and had nothing but great service from the staff!

This time the Holiday Inn express and suites raised the bar even higher with a 2 hour happy hour from 5:30-7:30 Monday thru Thursday at NO additional charge ( except tips if you deem appropriate, and I did!! )

Complimentary breakfast is top notch with some changes daily with the hot foods such as bacon/sausage/pancakes/waffles/omelets/scrambled eggs/fruit/cereal/all drinks/juices/milks/yogurts/plus/plus/plus-etc!

The appearance and quality of the building's workmanship is only exceeded by the employees desire to make your stay as enjoyable as possible!! This is higher end!

Just got done with a 2 day stay today and I will be back for 2 more visits THIS month!

Room Tip: No noise to be concerned with on any side of the building!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brock W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Icemann7485,

I want to thank you for the kind comments. We have recently added the Managers Reception to provide our loyal IHG Rewards Members with an added perk. I am glad to see that you are enjoying it.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the service from our staff as well as our breakfast. Our employees take pride in the hotel to make sure it stays clean and comfortable for you and other travelers.

Thank you again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a very nice stay. We enjoyed every aspect of the time that we spent here. It is nice to know that Holiday Inn Express Hotels will consistently deliver quality services and accomodations. The staff at this hotel were extremely pleasant and professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear vbchjohn,

I want to thank you for the kind review. We will always try to provide our guests with the service that they expect. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the time that you spent here.

I want to thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Milwaukee!

MADISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

From the time iI walked into the hotel and left the hotel, the staff, cleanliness, etc. was very satisfying. I ended up staying two seperate weeks in July, 2013. The bar, pool and finess center were very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Clarke J,

I want to thank you for the review. I am gald that you enjoyed the stay and that you keep coming back. I am also glad that you enjoyed the fitness center as well as the pool.

We look forward to your next trip in Milwaukee!

Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We drove in late and left very early so this was a quick stay. As Platinum member, enabled us to have free parking during our trip. Close to airport and shuttle was on time and driver found us finishing breakfast about 5-10 minutes before departure. we had brought our bags just in case and glad we did. Shuttle stops at several hotels so plan accordingly, but fortunately, our 6:30am departure was such no other stops were made at other hotels, so its was a very quick trip to airport. drivers were both friendly and helpful with bags. Breakfast was standard HIE which is a good thing. Upon returning, we waited maybe 15 mins for shuttle and when dropped off, straight to car and left. Car was safe and secure. Beds were comfortable and had good nights rest. Room on 2nd floor and overlooked pool area, which was closed due to hours so no noise factor for us. Room (2Q) clean and spacious.

Room Tip: end of hallway away from elevators and vending is always our preferred choice and worked well in thi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steelers1,

I want to thank you for the review. Our shuttle drivers are very good with helping out our guests and I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay with us even though it was not the longest trip. I am also glad that you were able to get a good nights rest since you had to wake up early in the morning.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next trip.

Lakeville, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express recently and I must say that I had such an amazing experiance. From the moment I walked into the hotel to the moment I left everyone was so perfessional and curtious. I checked in and the young man at the desk helped me out with dinner options and also gave me other options of things to do in town. Although I was only there for one night this was very nice and helpful. I also enjoyed the pool area although not the biggest or best the hot tub is very nice and relaxing. The breakfast in the morning is your average breakfast but the thing that really caught me off guard is that they now have a happy hour. Its not just here is some beer they have beer wine and alcohal. It was a really nice perk for being a member.

I will always stay here when im in Milwaukee because of the staff being so helpful and professional. I wish more hotels were like this one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam A,

Thank you for the kind response. We have recently added the Managers reception for our IHG Rewards guest to give our loyal guests an added perk. We are also glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Our still will go out of their way to try to make a stay enjoyable and I am glad that they were able to do that for you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I never write reviews but this hotel was so bad that I felt the need to. This was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. We were in Milwaukee for my husbands work trip & he chose this hotel because of the indoor pool and bargain rates. First, it seems to be in a rough area. I didn't have the greatest feeling when we pulled up to the hotel. It seemed a bit unsafe with randoms wandering up & down the street. We had a room on the main floor which opened up to the indoor pool. When we first walked into our room we noticed the carpet, bedding & sofa chair were damp. We brought our 3 month old with us and were concerned about the poor air flow as I was going to spend a majority of our trip in the hotel room. We immediately called the front desk and asked if we could switch rooms but there were no other rooms available as there was a family reunion that weekend. The front desk attendant should have offered us the option to switch to a room that had a window looking outside a day or two later since we were staying Saturday-Wednesday but did not. She did not seem too concerned that guests were not happy. The room was not properly cleaned from previous guests. There was tape and fragments of balloons taped to the walls & the sheets had stains. The front desk attendants were extremely unprofessional & improperly trained. We were at the front desk one day & a man in front of us asked for a key to room # 12**. The girl at the front desk replied,'hmm, I thought a different guy has been staying in that room... A shorter gentleman?'. The employee did not ask for a name, ID... Nothing. After witnessing how the employees handle guests requesting keys to rooms I felt extremely unsafe. Our cards/keys to the room weren't working one day and I went to the front desk asking for a new card. A lady working there I had not seen before gave me a key without asking for any info other than my room #. Other hotels require the name of the room it is booked under & ID. Anyone could have asked for a key to our room and received it. On Tuesday we were getting ready to head downtown for the day & a housekeeping employee tried to the open the door without knocking but was unable to come in as we had the latch lock on. I was nursing our baby at the time & was not impressed that she tried to come in without knocking. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door & I informed the employee that we did not need the room cleaned. I went back to nursing the baby & sure enough someone tried to come in a THIRD time within 25 minutes without knocking. My husband and I decided right then that we would never be returning to this hotel. We spoke with several other co-workers who also stayed at this hotel and they too were not impressed. This place is unsafe & unprofessional. I would rather pay double the price to ensure cleanliness, a helpful/educated staff & my family's safety. I noticed that the 'general manager' responds to these reviews. I don't need a generic response. I would highly recommend you put your energy into training your staff on how to properly run a hotel. You need to make some serious changes.

• Stayed July 2013
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear MadelynnAB

I want to start off by apologizing to you about your recent stay. It does not seem like you had a very good experience and I would like to discuss it further with you. I have been working with the staff to insure that they are asking for room numbers, last name and IDs for all guests that are needed a new key or have lost their key. They should be doing this and since it doesn't seem like they are I will make sure that this is corrected right away. I also want to apologize to you about the response you were given about the room. I want to get more information from you so that we can figure out when this happened and by whom so that I can take care of it right away as well.

I also want to apologize to you about housekeeping. I will continue to work with them because they should not be just entering the room without knocking.

I again apologize to you about your stay and as I said earlier I would really like for you to reach out to me so that I can get a little bit more information. I have already made it very clear to the staff members onsite that the need to be taking IDs.

Thank you for the response and I look forward to hearing from you.

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!