“Would recommend this property to my friends and family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
MADISON
“Would recommend this property to my friends and family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

From the time iI walked into the hotel and left the hotel, the staff, cleanliness, etc. was very satisfying. I ended up staying two seperate weeks in July, 2013. The bar, pool and finess center were very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Clarke J,

I want to thank you for the review. I am gald that you enjoyed the stay and that you keep coming back. I am also glad that you enjoyed the fitness center as well as the pool.

We look forward to your next trip in Milwaukee!

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We drove in late and left very early so this was a quick stay. As Platinum member, enabled us to have free parking during our trip. Close to airport and shuttle was on time and driver found us finishing breakfast about 5-10 minutes before departure. we had brought our bags just in case and glad we did. Shuttle stops at several hotels so plan accordingly, but fortunately, our 6:30am departure was such no other stops were made at other hotels, so its was a very quick trip to airport. drivers were both friendly and helpful with bags. Breakfast was standard HIE which is a good thing. Upon returning, we waited maybe 15 mins for shuttle and when dropped off, straight to car and left. Car was safe and secure. Beds were comfortable and had good nights rest. Room on 2nd floor and overlooked pool area, which was closed due to hours so no noise factor for us. Room (2Q) clean and spacious.

Room Tip: end of hallway away from elevators and vending is always our preferred choice and worked well in thi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steelers1,

I want to thank you for the review. Our shuttle drivers are very good with helping out our guests and I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay with us even though it was not the longest trip. I am also glad that you were able to get a good nights rest since you had to wake up early in the morning.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next trip.

Lakeville, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express recently and I must say that I had such an amazing experiance. From the moment I walked into the hotel to the moment I left everyone was so perfessional and curtious. I checked in and the young man at the desk helped me out with dinner options and also gave me other options of things to do in town. Although I was only there for one night this was very nice and helpful. I also enjoyed the pool area although not the biggest or best the hot tub is very nice and relaxing. The breakfast in the morning is your average breakfast but the thing that really caught me off guard is that they now have a happy hour. Its not just here is some beer they have beer wine and alcohal. It was a really nice perk for being a member.

I will always stay here when im in Milwaukee because of the staff being so helpful and professional. I wish more hotels were like this one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam A,

Thank you for the kind response. We have recently added the Managers reception for our IHG Rewards guest to give our loyal guests an added perk. We are also glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Our still will go out of their way to try to make a stay enjoyable and I am glad that they were able to do that for you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I never write reviews but this hotel was so bad that I felt the need to. This was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. We were in Milwaukee for my husbands work trip & he chose this hotel because of the indoor pool and bargain rates. First, it seems to be in a rough area. I didn't have the greatest feeling when we pulled up to the hotel. It seemed a bit unsafe with randoms wandering up & down the street. We had a room on the main floor which opened up to the indoor pool. When we first walked into our room we noticed the carpet, bedding & sofa chair were damp. We brought our 3 month old with us and were concerned about the poor air flow as I was going to spend a majority of our trip in the hotel room. We immediately called the front desk and asked if we could switch rooms but there were no other rooms available as there was a family reunion that weekend. The front desk attendant should have offered us the option to switch to a room that had a window looking outside a day or two later since we were staying Saturday-Wednesday but did not. She did not seem too concerned that guests were not happy. The room was not properly cleaned from previous guests. There was tape and fragments of balloons taped to the walls & the sheets had stains. The front desk attendants were extremely unprofessional & improperly trained. We were at the front desk one day & a man in front of us asked for a key to room # 12**. The girl at the front desk replied,'hmm, I thought a different guy has been staying in that room... A shorter gentleman?'. The employee did not ask for a name, ID... Nothing. After witnessing how the employees handle guests requesting keys to rooms I felt extremely unsafe. Our cards/keys to the room weren't working one day and I went to the front desk asking for a new card. A lady working there I had not seen before gave me a key without asking for any info other than my room #. Other hotels require the name of the room it is booked under & ID. Anyone could have asked for a key to our room and received it. On Tuesday we were getting ready to head downtown for the day & a housekeeping employee tried to the open the door without knocking but was unable to come in as we had the latch lock on. I was nursing our baby at the time & was not impressed that she tried to come in without knocking. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door & I informed the employee that we did not need the room cleaned. I went back to nursing the baby & sure enough someone tried to come in a THIRD time within 25 minutes without knocking. My husband and I decided right then that we would never be returning to this hotel. We spoke with several other co-workers who also stayed at this hotel and they too were not impressed. This place is unsafe & unprofessional. I would rather pay double the price to ensure cleanliness, a helpful/educated staff & my family's safety. I noticed that the 'general manager' responds to these reviews. I don't need a generic response. I would highly recommend you put your energy into training your staff on how to properly run a hotel. You need to make some serious changes.

• Stayed July 2013
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear MadelynnAB

I want to start off by apologizing to you about your recent stay. It does not seem like you had a very good experience and I would like to discuss it further with you. I have been working with the staff to insure that they are asking for room numbers, last name and IDs for all guests that are needed a new key or have lost their key. They should be doing this and since it doesn't seem like they are I will make sure that this is corrected right away. I also want to apologize to you about the response you were given about the room. I want to get more information from you so that we can figure out when this happened and by whom so that I can take care of it right away as well.

I also want to apologize to you about housekeeping. I will continue to work with them because they should not be just entering the room without knocking.

I again apologize to you about your stay and as I said earlier I would really like for you to reach out to me so that I can get a little bit more information. I have already made it very clear to the staff members onsite that the need to be taking IDs.

Thank you for the response and I look forward to hearing from you.

New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This HIX is convenient to the airport in hotel row. Solid 4.8 Star Performer
- Check in was fast and accurate
- Nice, friendly staff
- Priority club acknowledgement with water and snack
- Lobby very inviting with lounging area and 2 computers with large HD displays
- Fresh baked cookies
- Room was well appointed with all the usual HIX amenities
- New HIX bedding, very comfortable
- Refrigerator, Microwave, 4-cup Coffee
- Lots of plug-ins on work desk including USB ports
- Decent internet connections - 2.4 megs
- Good water pressure w good drains
- Quiet
- No nearby eateries / limited selection
- Independent Shuttle Service to Airport
- Stay and park service
- Didn't use pool area so cannot provide review

I would recommend this hotel for my fellow road warriors, this area has several hotel brands with lots of competition for guests.

Safe Travels!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Land&Sea

I want to thank you for the kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Milwaukee.

We always try to provide our guests with great service and the cookies are always an added bonus for our guests.

Again thank you for the review and we look forward to your next stay in Milwaukee

Raleigh North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while in Milwaukee watching some baseball games. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and a good value. As with most airport hotels it was a bit far from downtown, however, since we rented a car this posed no problem. I would recommend this hotel for anyone passing through on the nearby interstate, or flying in and out of Milwaukee. It does have an indoor pool with a nice play area for children and a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces outside and not the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear RTH10,

Thank you for the comments! We try to provide all our guests with an enjoyable stay for what ever the reason they are traveling.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Milwaukee Airea.

Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

5 of us were on our way to an all inclusive resort in the Dom.Republic & flew out of Milwaukee. We stayed 1 night on the way down & 1 night on the way back. We love the PARK & STAY option. We left our cars there for 7 days & knew they were safe. We were greeted by friendly desk clerks & were offered a bottle water with a granola bar. When I saw my room was a handicap room I asked to be moved & a desk clerk came down to the room with a new key to another room; it was pool side!
Each of us were given a pass for free drinks at a motel close by with a bar. We took advantage of them! Only negative was the pool/hot tub closed at 9:00 p.m. which we believe to be much to early since we didn't get in them until 8:30.
The motel shuttle took us to the airport at 4:15 a.m. for our flight at 6:00 a.m. Returning they picked us up at 11:30 p.m.
Very nice Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room that opens into the pool area!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Di L

Thank you so much for the review. I am glad that you enjoyed the shuttle service as well as the overall service of the hotel. We are also glad that you enjoyed the free drinks. We feel that that is a great added value.

Thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to your next visit in Milwaukee

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!