“Nice Place To Say, Fun Pool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Gillett, Wisconsin
“Nice Place To Say, Fun Pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent the night at this Holiday Inn after a meeting. We were greeted by nice friendly staff and were checked in fast. They are very family friendly with a wonderful pool area for everyone from young kids to adults. Our room was very nice with a refrigerator and microwave. Parking was good and free. It is close to the airport but very quit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Randy W,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here after your meeting. We are always trying to make people feel at home and we are excited to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

We do have a very nice pool area that does allow for all our guests to use and im glad you were able to relax.

We look forward to your next stay in Milwaukee!

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rockford, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I like staying at Holiday Inns and similar chains because you usually know what to expect. All I need is a comfy bed and a quiet room and I'm happy. That said, the one thing that separates one Holiday Inn from another is the staff. From the front desk clerk that checked me in, to the airport shuttle driver, to the general manager Brock Winkler (sp?) who recommended a good local pizza place (di Carlo's is the name), I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, which makes a big difference when you're a business traveler and often don't know a friendly face to chat with. Apart from the staff, I was surprised to find the rooms were nicer and more up to date than I expected, especially the bathrooms/shower. Maybe I was just having a good day (my business meeting went well), but I left the hotel feeling very satisfied with my stay.

PS The convenience and ease of the airport shuttle (and the hotel's proximity to the airport) cannot be overstated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rodney S,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We are striving to become the best hotel with the best service and your comments are going to go along way with the team members. I know they will be excited to hear that they have received a good comment.

I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms as well as our shuttle services. We feel that it is a good thing for our guests as they can always take the shuttle to the airport and not have to worry about a thing. We try to make your traveling experiance less of a hassle.

Thank you again for staying with us.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was clean the beds were comfortable. I just didn't like the breakfast. The pancake machine was down and the eggs were yuck! The hotel was a good price so I was satified with my stay. And I would stay there again. If you are going for the water park. The water park is just one slide and some water fountains that is all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear mdzn5440,

I want to thank you for your positve comments on our hotel. I am glad that you found the room and the beds comfortable.

I do want to apologize for the breakfast and the pancake machine being down. We are always trying to improve our breakfast and and suggestions are more then helpful.

Regarding the water park, we do not advertise we have a waterpark, we do have the slide and a few water features that make it enjoyable for familes.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit again!

milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Comfy beds and close to the airport. Free continental breakfast in the morning.cereal,eggs,bacon,muffins,etc... its decent. If I had to pay for it, i would probably go out for breakfast. Great place if you have kids. It has a nice little play area in the pool and a water slide. My 3 kids(ages2-6) like it alot. Great value for what you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for the kind response!. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and the water slide. We have taken out the play ground in the middle and replaced it water fountains. It is still very kid friendly and many kids do enjoy it. We will always try to provide a great room at a great price.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hotel lobby is very nice with a double winding staircase. Hotel front desk clerk was very pleasant, room was clean and actually was a mini suite complete with a separate sitting area, microwave, and frig. I don't know if all the rooms are like this or not. Bathroom was a nice size with a separate area for the vanity. Shower had a buit in seat and was large enough for 2 adults. Hotel is very close to the airport-about a 10 minute drive away and hotel is also easy to get to downtown-it took us about 15 minutes.
Sausage and biscuits (my husband loved the round patty sausage) and pre-made omelets were offered at breakfast alongwith the usual including bagels, danish, cereal, yogurt.
The property had a nice indoor pool that is accessible via your door key so as to control admittance to the pool area. It had a nice fountain of water in the middle of it plus a slide that looked like fun that was well used by kids. This property is well maintained. Several other hotels are located nearby. There's a steak restaurant around the corner that looked very nice.
This hotel is near the intersection of 13th St. and Howell Ave.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for the nice comments you left on TripAdvisor. We always try to strive to be the best at customer service and to provide clean rooms. I am glad to hear we accomplished that and made your stay a great one.

I will be sharing these with my staff and I know they share the same vision as me and will be very proud and excited to hear they had received a good review.

We hope to see you again soon!

Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good hotel, excellent ecological rooms, the pools is kind of small but is in good condition, the whirlpool is excellent, the neighborhood is good easy access to I94. The breakfast was excellent but the pancake machine was out of order, mmm too bad.

The customer service especially with the lady called Bruno was not good, Bruno seemed upset since we checked in, even asked 2 bottles of water (she never offered them to us) and seemed to bother.

In our room didn't have toilet paper, we requested to the front desk and never brought. We had to to found some house keeping in the hallway to requested it.

In other hotels of the same level rate they treat you like they know you, and no employees were friendly here, everyone seems to be angry.

Room Tip: The bedrooms are on the side of the parking lot quieter than those overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments! I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and pool and breakfast. I do apologize for the pancake machine but I assure you we are working on getting that fixed. We just received the part and it should be in working order today!

I want to sincerely apologize to you about the problems you had with one of the staff members. I take comments about rude service very serious and will address these concerns with the staff member. I can assure you that we try to provide the best service we can at the hotel and I strive for good customer service.

I do want to again say thank you to being you concerns to us and we will handle them appropriately. We hope to see you again the next time your in Milwaukee to show you that we are a good friendly bunch that treat our guests like family.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was great for us, as we only needed to go into downtown once. We had a rental car, and were able to travel to all sites. Beware, lots of construction on the major highways. We had the GPS avoid them.
Always love the breakfast, included with room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for the very kind comments that you have shared with us and everyone. Our staff prides ourselves in great customer service. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we want to thank you for your business.

We hope to see you again!!

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!