“Clean room Not so Tasty Breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
LaPorte, Indiana
“Clean room Not so Tasty Breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was clean the beds were comfortable. I just didn't like the breakfast. The pancake machine was down and the eggs were yuck! The hotel was a good price so I was satified with my stay. And I would stay there again. If you are going for the water park. The water park is just one slide and some water fountains that is all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear mdzn5440,

I want to thank you for your positve comments on our hotel. I am glad that you found the room and the beds comfortable.

I do want to apologize for the breakfast and the pancake machine being down. We are always trying to improve our breakfast and and suggestions are more then helpful.

Regarding the water park, we do not advertise we have a waterpark, we do have the slide and a few water features that make it enjoyable for familes.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit again!

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Comfy beds and close to the airport. Free continental breakfast in the morning.cereal,eggs,bacon,muffins,etc... its decent. If I had to pay for it, i would probably go out for breakfast. Great place if you have kids. It has a nice little play area in the pool and a water slide. My 3 kids(ages2-6) like it alot. Great value for what you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for the kind response!. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and the water slide. We have taken out the play ground in the middle and replaced it water fountains. It is still very kid friendly and many kids do enjoy it. We will always try to provide a great room at a great price.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hotel lobby is very nice with a double winding staircase. Hotel front desk clerk was very pleasant, room was clean and actually was a mini suite complete with a separate sitting area, microwave, and frig. I don't know if all the rooms are like this or not. Bathroom was a nice size with a separate area for the vanity. Shower had a buit in seat and was large enough for 2 adults. Hotel is very close to the airport-about a 10 minute drive away and hotel is also easy to get to downtown-it took us about 15 minutes.
Sausage and biscuits (my husband loved the round patty sausage) and pre-made omelets were offered at breakfast alongwith the usual including bagels, danish, cereal, yogurt.
The property had a nice indoor pool that is accessible via your door key so as to control admittance to the pool area. It had a nice fountain of water in the middle of it plus a slide that looked like fun that was well used by kids. This property is well maintained. Several other hotels are located nearby. There's a steak restaurant around the corner that looked very nice.
This hotel is near the intersection of 13th St. and Howell Ave.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for the nice comments you left on TripAdvisor. We always try to strive to be the best at customer service and to provide clean rooms. I am glad to hear we accomplished that and made your stay a great one.

I will be sharing these with my staff and I know they share the same vision as me and will be very proud and excited to hear they had received a good review.

We hope to see you again soon!

Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good hotel, excellent ecological rooms, the pools is kind of small but is in good condition, the whirlpool is excellent, the neighborhood is good easy access to I94. The breakfast was excellent but the pancake machine was out of order, mmm too bad.

The customer service especially with the lady called Bruno was not good, Bruno seemed upset since we checked in, even asked 2 bottles of water (she never offered them to us) and seemed to bother.

In our room didn't have toilet paper, we requested to the front desk and never brought. We had to to found some house keeping in the hallway to requested it.

In other hotels of the same level rate they treat you like they know you, and no employees were friendly here, everyone seems to be angry.

Room Tip: The bedrooms are on the side of the parking lot quieter than those overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments! I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and pool and breakfast. I do apologize for the pancake machine but I assure you we are working on getting that fixed. We just received the part and it should be in working order today!

I want to sincerely apologize to you about the problems you had with one of the staff members. I take comments about rude service very serious and will address these concerns with the staff member. I can assure you that we try to provide the best service we can at the hotel and I strive for good customer service.

I do want to again say thank you to being you concerns to us and we will handle them appropriately. We hope to see you again the next time your in Milwaukee to show you that we are a good friendly bunch that treat our guests like family.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was great for us, as we only needed to go into downtown once. We had a rental car, and were able to travel to all sites. Beware, lots of construction on the major highways. We had the GPS avoid them.
Always love the breakfast, included with room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for the very kind comments that you have shared with us and everyone. Our staff prides ourselves in great customer service. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we want to thank you for your business.

We hope to see you again!!

La Ceja, Antioquia, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed there for 5 nights during the past week. Normally, I stay downtown in Milwaukee, but the hotels were all full for a Harley-Davidson convention. I am glad I found this place - it's a very good value for the money.

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels, and I would say this one was better than average. It's not a luxury hotel, but for the price I paid, I think I got very good value. The greeting on arrival was friendly and check-in was quick. The room is not huge, but the bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

The room had a fridge and microwave. I give the management kudos for providing a real coffeepot instead of the "pod" style, which allowed me to buy Starbucks and brew it in the room.

The free breakfast included eggs and bacon or sausage. Everything was hot, and there was a good choice of muffins and breads. It's a typical HIEX menu, but it was executed well. The food was fresh and hot.

I did not use the indoor pool, but it looked nice.

NOTE: There is construction on I-43 that will force you to take a slight detour if you are going into the city. Until that construction is done, don't follow your GPS - ask as the front desk how to get to I-43 North into the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Good Afternoon!

I am excited to stay even though we are not your normal place to stay that you found us enjoyable. We have been working hard to make sure all our guests are feeling appreciated and welcomed at our hotel. We want to be the best Holiday Inn Express and your comments will go along way with the staff especially when the hear they had a quick check in to make you be able to enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on the customer service we provide and our guests should expect nothing else.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the fact that you could make your own coffee. It is the little things that make the guests happy and we try to provide that.

I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your reservation and hope that we have changed your mind to staying a little further from downtown.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

With kids and early flights, there is always much to worry about. This location made all of those worries melt away. The pool was great for the kids (9 & 10) and the location to MKE Airport was spot on. We had a great time there and when I mentioned I was concerned about my reward points being credited, the response was immediate and most kind. I have stayed here before and certainly will again. GREAT job to a really nice team.

Room Tip: Good for families or just people looking for a park-n-fly!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about your stay. I am very excited to hear that we can ease the tension of flying for our guests and make them feel comfortable during their stay. I am also glad in the response time my team was able to provide for you. We strive to make all our guests feel at home and to make sure they all feel cared about.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
General Manger

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!