“Good location and good hotel but... not the same for customer service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 W Zellman Court, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Good location and good hotel but... not the same for customer service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good hotel, excellent ecological rooms, the pools is kind of small but is in good condition, the whirlpool is excellent, the neighborhood is good easy access to I94. The breakfast was excellent but the pancake machine was out of order, mmm too bad.

The customer service especially with the lady called Bruno was not good, Bruno seemed upset since we checked in, even asked 2 bottles of water (she never offered them to us) and seemed to bother.

In our room didn't have toilet paper, we requested to the front desk and never brought. We had to to found some house keeping in the hallway to requested it.

In other hotels of the same level rate they treat you like they know you, and no employees were friendly here, everyone seems to be angry.

Room Tip: The bedrooms are on the side of the parking lot quieter than those overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments! I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and pool and breakfast. I do apologize for the pancake machine but I assure you we are working on getting that fixed. We just received the part and it should be in working order today!

I want to sincerely apologize to you about the problems you had with one of the staff members. I take comments about rude service very serious and will address these concerns with the staff member. I can assure you that we try to provide the best service we can at the hotel and I strive for good customer service.

I do want to again say thank you to being you concerns to us and we will handle them appropriately. We hope to see you again the next time your in Milwaukee to show you that we are a good friendly bunch that treat our guests like family.

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was great for us, as we only needed to go into downtown once. We had a rental car, and were able to travel to all sites. Beware, lots of construction on the major highways. We had the GPS avoid them.
Always love the breakfast, included with room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for the very kind comments that you have shared with us and everyone. Our staff prides ourselves in great customer service. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we want to thank you for your business.

We hope to see you again!!

La Ceja, Antioquia, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed there for 5 nights during the past week. Normally, I stay downtown in Milwaukee, but the hotels were all full for a Harley-Davidson convention. I am glad I found this place - it's a very good value for the money.

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels, and I would say this one was better than average. It's not a luxury hotel, but for the price I paid, I think I got very good value. The greeting on arrival was friendly and check-in was quick. The room is not huge, but the bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

The room had a fridge and microwave. I give the management kudos for providing a real coffeepot instead of the "pod" style, which allowed me to buy Starbucks and brew it in the room.

The free breakfast included eggs and bacon or sausage. Everything was hot, and there was a good choice of muffins and breads. It's a typical HIEX menu, but it was executed well. The food was fresh and hot.

I did not use the indoor pool, but it looked nice.

NOTE: There is construction on I-43 that will force you to take a slight detour if you are going into the city. Until that construction is done, don't follow your GPS - ask as the front desk how to get to I-43 North into the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Good Afternoon!

I am excited to stay even though we are not your normal place to stay that you found us enjoyable. We have been working hard to make sure all our guests are feeling appreciated and welcomed at our hotel. We want to be the best Holiday Inn Express and your comments will go along way with the staff especially when the hear they had a quick check in to make you be able to enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on the customer service we provide and our guests should expect nothing else.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the fact that you could make your own coffee. It is the little things that make the guests happy and we try to provide that.

I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your reservation and hope that we have changed your mind to staying a little further from downtown.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

With kids and early flights, there is always much to worry about. This location made all of those worries melt away. The pool was great for the kids (9 & 10) and the location to MKE Airport was spot on. We had a great time there and when I mentioned I was concerned about my reward points being credited, the response was immediate and most kind. I have stayed here before and certainly will again. GREAT job to a really nice team.

Room Tip: Good for families or just people looking for a park-n-fly!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about your stay. I am very excited to hear that we can ease the tension of flying for our guests and make them feel comfortable during their stay. I am also glad in the response time my team was able to provide for you. We strive to make all our guests feel at home and to make sure they all feel cared about.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
General Manger
Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Other hotels in the area were full so we stayed here, it has its own small waterpark but thats it, the rooms are outdated and not to good also it seemed a bit dodgy in this hotel never really felt safe, we were happy to get up early and move straight on. Holiday inn express and suites seem to get worse the further south we travel on this holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your recent stay. We at the Holiday Inn Express strive for great service and for all our guests to be safe. If I would have heard or know about anything that could even potentially be a problem we would have taken care of it with out even a question.

I would really like to hear about your stay and your experience on what went wrong during your stay and why you felt you were unsafe here.

My email is bwinkler@wiscohotels.com.

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment and I hope to hear from you soon to help you with the issue.

Winneconne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff was professional and the facilities were excellent!
Breakfast was the best I've had anywhere!

Would highly recommend staying here and I have reservations for this weekend AGAIN!

Thank You WISCO group!

Jeff B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for the nice comments that you have left for us on here.

I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and the facilities. We try to provide the best service and a clean comfortable hotel.

The breakfast is also a good point as well. I am very glad that you enjoyed that since we always want to start our guests out with a nice breakfast before their busy days.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time out to review us and I will share these positive comments with our staff, I know they will enjoy them!

Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Front desk lady mistakenly used my credit card to check-in another guest... Neither her or the manager on duty knew what to do about it-they seemed very confused like it was their first day on the job. Requested connecting rooms (I had 2 rooms) between my wife and I we asked 4 times during the lengthy check in process if the rooms were connecting. The lady kept telling us they were. Well the rooms weren't connecting and when I went to the front desk to inquire about it the lady seemed surprised that they weren't connecting rooms,again first day on the job? Found out we needed wrist bands to use the pool when we went down swimming, nothing was said at check in, back to the front desk and the lady questions us about are we sure we didn't get wrist bands at check in, really, you checked us in you don't remember? The Pool closed at 9pm. At 8:50 the girl/life guard shuts everything off and starts putting chemicals in the pool. They list complimentary drinks in the evening on the hotel web site. What you get is a coupon to go to the comfort suites down the block. In the morning I had a express check out bill for each room ( these were priority club points stays) slipped under my door. I took the bills to the front desk because the rooms were paid for with my points and I shouldn't have been charged. Again I was told it was a mistake and I shouldn't have received them.
Not impressed with this holiday inn!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear 2diznee

I want to apologize to you about your recent stay.

With the issues at the desk, we currently have a newer staff. I am unsure on how they would be able to check in another guest with using your credit card but I have made sure that this does not happen again. We also have a very limited number of rooms that do connect and we try the best we can to honor all requests but sometimes it is just not possible. We want all our guests to be happy and get what they are requesting so we try very hard on that.

Our pool has always closed at 9pm and the lights do turn off right away as well. We try to get people to leave the pool 10 minutes prior to closing so there is not rush to the door in the dark. We have adjusted the times on the pool so that we can give our guests a few more minutes to leave the pool with out it being dark. With the wristbands that is a policy that was put in place to control the number of people in the pool and to make sure only our registered guests are enjoying the pool and not anyone from the outside.

The Comfort Suites is a sister property of ours that does have a bar in their hotel. We give the guests the option on going over there for free drinks as we are in the process of getting a bar in our hotel for our Priority Club Members.

We always try to provide our guests with the best service and I am very saddened by the stay that you had. I have already reviewed this with my staff and we are making the corrections that need to be made to make sure they don't happen again.

I want to thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time out to write the survey. We value all guests opinions to make sure we can improve and provide the service necessary for out guests.

Brock Winkler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!