“Local Overnight Getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Oak Creek
“Local Overnight Getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We live about 5 miles from the hotel and just wanted a fun night out. We booked a room for Sat 2/18 and arrived around 3:30 for check-in. Two other families were joining us, and had requested rooms close to ours be added to their reservations, however when we all met up, they were on opposite ends of the 3rd floor and we were on the 2nd floor with a poolview room. Ok, not the end of the world, but just a little harder when everyone has younger kids who might want to go to sleep earlier. We all got ready and headed down to the waterpark a little after 4. It was fine when we got down there and not too crowded, but by the time we were heading up to eat dinner abour 2 hours later, it was getting very crowded and pretty hectic in the pool area. Everyone is suppose to have wristbands on, and we noticed not everyone did, nor was there someone checking at the door to make sure wristbands were on, so maybe that could have played a part in the overcrowding, who knows. But by the time we ordered pizza and would have went back down by 8pm, it just looked too crazy in there, at least for younger kids ages 6. 4, 2, and 1 so we hung out in our rooms instead. Breakfast in the morning was good, and it seemed they were trying to keep up with having everything filled like eggs, bacon, biscuits, etc. We did go back to the waterpark in the morning before check out and it was fine again, not too crowded. We noticed alot of birthday parties and larger groups, so maybe they should have a limit on the number of parties for the night, or limit the number of waterpark passes they give out (like the first so many reservations for that day get passes), so that it doesn't get so hectic in there. Or perhaps it would be best to come on a weeknight, or maybe even a Friday night would be better, if possible, you might have a little more space that way. We did like the hotel and pool area itself, everything seemed clean and kept up and it was a great size waterpark for younger kids...I just know we won't be back on a Sat night if we'd ever visit again.

Room Tip: We did have a poolview room on the second floor and we really couldn't hear any noise from the c...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Jakuzminski,

I would first like to Thank You for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Also for taking the time to write a review. Your review will be very helpful for any potential future guests searching for lodging in the Milwaukee Area. I apologize that we couldn't meet your request for all the rooms in the same location. We do try very hard to make sure groups are kept as close together as possible, however busy weekends make it that much more difficult. We will also use your review during our next meeting to come up with new idea to streamline our breakfast so everyone gets a proper start to their day. Once again Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to having your family stay with us again.
Ryan Bazan GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ripon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with 3 other families. The rooms were clean and nice. We had a King bed with the pull out couch which worked very well for our family. Loved having the microwave, refrigerator and a really nice shower vs a bathtub in the room. The down side to the room was even though we had a nice flat screen TV in the room it would not turn on via the remote or manual controls, also the phone in our room didn't work, so when others tried to call us they got a message that we were on another call. When we walked down to tell the front desk their response was "I'm sorry but we have no maintenance staff working right now so we are unable to help you..." So we never had a TV for our entire stay.

The hotel itself was so overcrowded it made our experience very stressfull. We all checked in around 5:00 on a Saturday night and the hallways and pool area was just packed. There was a birthday party in the room by the lobby with tons of people standing in the halls and everywhere. Was very difficult to walk thorugh with our luggage. There were no spaces left in the parking lot and I had to park on the street. The very small pool area was WAY over the identified capacity limit. There were so many people you could hardly move in the water. The hot tub was full of un supervised small children. I am very thankful we are early risers because by the time we were done with our breakfast there were so many people waiting to get food it would have been a nighmare had we come 20 minutes later!
Too bad the hotel logistics ruined the stay because without the stress of so many people crammed into small places it could have been a nice hotel. Well and if the TV worked...

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the pool are very loud. So you will have chaos and noise in your room until 10:0...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear RiponELL,
I would like to Thank You for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Your detailed review will be shared with our entire Guest Service Agents for a great detailed insight into our guests experience. I do acknowledge that this time of year when most have "cabin fever" we do get many families trying to escape the confines of their homes here. I sincerely apologize for any negative encounters you may have experienced while staying with us. I would very much like to further discuss your stay with us as its our guests feedback that helps us better ourselves. If you would like to do so please contact me at your earliest convenience!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We live in the area,but we stay here a couple of times a year.My family loves the indoor water play place. It includes a water slide and a water dropping bucket. The free breakfast is yummy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bill S, & Family ,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review for our property, We are fortunate enough to have a little something extra in our pool area to offer our guests. BREAKFAST.....The most important meal of the day! I have worked and have stayed at many different brands of hotels and I am proud to manage a property and a brand that offers such a wonderful start to your day. You can keep the muffins and juice, when you stay here it's all about the scrambled eggs and pancakes!! We look forward to your family returning in the future.
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I booked a birthday party package at the hotel's waterpark and couldn't have been happier with my choice. I was a little scared of the overall experience after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor, but then I remembered that every placed I ended up loving always had some negative comments on tripadvisor (you can't make everyone's happy - lol)

I was greeted by a very freindly front desk clerk who gave me the wrist bands for the guests, explained to me politely how the waterpark works and told me I could use a bell cart to bring all the food and decorations for the party.

When I walked inside, I was very happy to see that the coordinator made sure there was a birrthday party table set in the theme of Tinkerbell as discussed earlier. The table was set in the corner ( a perfect spot for going in and out of the water) It was also a perfect spot to watch the kids playing in the water. We were allowed to bring our own food, which was a huge plus! As a part of the package, we received a half sheet of the cake, a gallon of fruit punch and plates, cups and napkins (Tinkerbell theme)

The temperature of the air was a little cool to my liking, but it wasn't bad at all... Basically, I'm used to hotter, more humid temperature when going to other waterparks, but again - I wasn't freezing so it was ok.

Another thing I noticed was the fact that the door to women's room often got jammed and you had to ask the life guard on duty to open it again.

Speaking of lifeguards - there were two lifeguards at all times, and they made sure our guests (ages 2-7) enjoyed the water slides and pool safely!!!

Overall exprience was great. From the even coordinator, through the front desk staff and the lifeguards - everybody was super freindly and helpful!

I will defintely come back to this hotel for another birthday party next winter! And because I had such a great experience, I cannot wait to even book a room to extend my stay at that great family place!

I am attaching few pictures from the party showing how the table was set (sorry a little messy as I was able to take a picture mid throught the party), slides, pool and jacuzzi area!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Goshia,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express. Every review is such a invaluable tool to let us know what we are doing right and some areas we need to work on. I will make sure that our Team has a chance to review your comments and we will take care of that bathroom door as well. We look forward to having you visit us again and appreciate your loyalty!

Ryan Bazan, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our family decided to have a mini vacation not far from home, with small children we decided on the Holiday Inn Express for their waterpark. During our mini- vacation they had some kind of Trick or Treat event taking place for special needs children. When I checked with the desk staff as to what was going on, Bryan, the manager stopped to explain that they were having their 1st annual event for special needs children to come trick or treat at the hotel. Although my children are not special needs he extended an invite for my children to participate. I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the kids had and although we did not come prepared with costumes we managed with the help of the wonderful staff to come up with some make shaft costumes. This was such an amazing thing the hotel did, we are still telling our family and friends how much we enjoyed it as well as the kids. Bryan and his staff went out of their way to help us and we plan on coming back next year!

Room Tip: If you are bringing children, I recommend the family suite, which includes bunkbeds ... very Conveni...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Adam T,

I would llike to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review in regards to your stay. The Halloween Event was a great success and I was glad your family was able to be a part of it. I will share your review with my staff so they know the LITTLE things they do make a BIG difference, We look forward to a "2nd Annual Great Pumpkin Express" party and again would like to extend an invite to you and your family.

Sincerely Ryan Bazan, General Manager
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

While I am a big fan of HI Express, this one near the Milwaukee airport was disappointing. The walls and floors are paper thin - you can hear everything going on beside and around you. The bunch in the room next to me were up all night and, therefore, so was I! If you have to stay near the Milwaukee airport, try someplace else if you want to sleep.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Joel C,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your stay. As we know other potential guests use this site when deciding where to stay. I apologize that your review did not reflect the satisfaction that we would like all our guest to feel upon departure. Your comments have been shared with our Team, and measures, in regards to noise have been reviewed. If you would like to contact myself directly we can discuss your stay and any of your concerns further. Sincerely Ryan Bazan, General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel was fine, but that's about it. There are plenty of options in the area and I would avoid this location. The room was clean enough but freezing cold no matter what we did. The waterpark also didn't look up to par and was closed (thank goodness-I could smell the chlorine from the hall.) Front desk staff needs more training. Heard other guests complaining as well. Pass up this location, esp. since it's on a street that didn't have much to offer besides industrial looking buildings. There are plenty of great Holiday Inn Expresses out there, and hotels in the Milwaukee area, but this one is not your best bet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Milpromke, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel and taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I do apologize that you had a less then desirable experience. I currently agree that we are around a developing area at the moment but we strive to have activities and services available inside the hotel so you do not have to leave once you are here. A major benefit is that we are close to the interstate and provide easy on/off access. In regards to our customer service I was disappointed to hear that it wasn’t top notch here. I am relatively new to the property but have been driving "Customer Service" as a top priority. If you would be willing to discuss your stay further I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to call me I would like to discuss that portion of your stay further. Sincerely, Ryan Bazan General Manger.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!