“Great Venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pabst Theater

Pabst Theater
144 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI 53208 (Downtown)
414-286-3663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 76 Attractions in Milwaukee
Westfield, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you want a small venue, where you're "up close and personal" with the entertainment, this is the place to be. The acoustics are wonderful and the lighting varies dependant upon the act. I would pick this venue over any other center or stadium to see an act. It's the way it used to be!

Visited February 2013

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
33 attraction reviews
“Have seen shows 20+ times here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The theatre is a beautiful restored survivor and the gilded wood work is fantastic. We have seen many concerts here and the sound has always been okay. The seats are getting a bit long in the tooth and could use some new padding. They are also nicely designed for an 1900 sized person - when men were men and stood 5 foot 6 inches on average and weighed 140 pounds. Not so cool anymore. The bathroom situation remains dismal - they just plain don't have enough. Still I keep going back - they have great shows. Nice balcony views!

Visited January 2013
Grafton, Wisconsin, United States
14 attraction reviews
“We/I love seeing acts here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Whenever one of my favorite acts is playing here we always try to see them here. We think that the sound is very good.

Nashotah, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
“An amazing historical bdlg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have been going to the Pabst Theater for years. It is absolutely gorgeous inside! It is such a nice venue for most performances. The only time I was disappointed was when we saw Alabama Shakes there. It was general seating. We got there early and got seats on the main floor, close to the stage. People were gathered in front of the stage and stayed there during the entire performance. They were even lined up down the aisles. Needless to say, we had to stand through the entire performance if we wanted to see anything. Never experienced that before at the Pabst. It's too classy of a place to allow that. Plus, I would think it would be a safety hazard.
I did call the manager with my concerns. I can't say I was satisfied with his answer - that there
was really nothing they could do about it. I beg to differ. You just make an annoucement that
everyone needs to return to their seats. It will not stop me from going there. I will just be more selective as to who we get tickets for. Seeing a ballet there is a real treat !

Visited February 2013
Rockford, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Remodeled - great restuarants close by. We were within walking distance from our hotel and felt very safe walking around the area.

Visited March 2013