“Have seen shows 20+ times here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pabst Theater

Pabst Theater
144 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI 53208 (Downtown)
414-286-3663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 90 attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
25 attraction reviews
“Have seen shows 20+ times here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The theatre is a beautiful restored survivor and the gilded wood work is fantastic. We have seen many concerts here and the sound has always been okay. The seats are getting a bit long in the tooth and could use some new padding. They are also nicely designed for an 1900 sized person - when men were men and stood 5 foot 6 inches on average and weighed 140 pounds. Not so cool anymore. The bathroom situation remains dismal - they just plain don't have enough. Still I keep going back - they have great shows. Nice balcony views!

Visited January 2013

Grafton, Wisconsin, United States
14 attraction reviews
“We/I love seeing acts here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Whenever one of my favorite acts is playing here we always try to see them here. We think that the sound is very good.

Nashotah, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
“An amazing historical bdlg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have been going to the Pabst Theater for years. It is absolutely gorgeous inside! It is such a nice venue for most performances. The only time I was disappointed was when we saw Alabama Shakes there. It was general seating. We got there early and got seats on the main floor, close to the stage. People were gathered in front of the stage and stayed there during the entire performance. They were even lined up down the aisles. Needless to say, we had to stand through the entire performance if we wanted to see anything. Never experienced that before at the Pabst. It's too classy of a place to allow that. Plus, I would think it would be a safety hazard.
I did call the manager with my concerns. I can't say I was satisfied with his answer - that there
was really nothing they could do about it. I beg to differ. You just make an annoucement that
everyone needs to return to their seats. It will not stop me from going there. I will just be more selective as to who we get tickets for. Seeing a ballet there is a real treat !

Visited February 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Beautiful Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Remodeled - great restuarants close by. We were within walking distance from our hotel and felt very safe walking around the area.

Visited March 2013
Chicago
29 attraction reviews
“Unique venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was here the other night for a Bill Burr show. Doors were supposed to open at 8:30 so we arrived right around then. There was a line wrapped around the building outside so we got in line. While we were waiting, a security guard was announcing that if you had will call tickets, you needed to pick them up inside and that there was another line inside. I am not sure why most people wouldn't want to stand inside to wait, considering it was freezing outside. Anyways, the doors didn't open until around 9 and since the show was sold out, there were massive amounts of people everywhere. Everyone seemed to be seated and settled in and if I had to guess, I think the show started on time (9:30).

The theater itself is very unique but super tiny. I don't know when it was built but I think they built it under the assumption that everyone is 5'. The seats were tiny and there was zero leg room. Add to the mix your winter jacket and it made for a tight squeeze. We were seated on the lower level right near an exit door. That was nice because once the show was over, they opened the exit doors which lead right to the street. I think we were out in less than a minute.

Visited March 2013