“Not great.” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Palomino
2491 S Superior St, Milwaukee, WI 53207-1953 (Bay View)
414-747-1007
Neighborhood: Bay View
Rochester, Minnesota
“Not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We went to Palomino last weekend for a rehearsal dinner. I would not recommend anyone make that decision again. The day of the dinner, the groom called to make sure everything was in order, and they had no idea what he was talking about. We got in there, though, and the tables were set up and everyone had a glass of water waiting for them, so that was no problem. The problem came when it was time to order. We had about 6 menus to share between about 30 people. Then it took them probably twenty minutes after we arrived to come take drink orders, and probably another twenty to take our food orders. Then another hour to get our food. 3/4 of our group got their food, ate it, got doggie bags, and left before our table got ours. We got to just sit there and look longingly over at the other tables' food as our glasses sat empty. Those glasses had been filled with "alcoholic" drinks. I put that in quotes because the descriptions listed alcohol, but nobody (at least nobody at my table) was able to taste any alcohol in their drinks. I will say that the menu is extensive and (awesomely enough for me) they had an extensive vegetarian/vegan selection. I ended up getting the Vegetarian Haymaker - a pistachio and...something else (I'm totally blanking on what the other ingredient was!) burger with mushrooms, Swiss, and onion rings. It was very good. Also, ginormous. I don't know who could finish that thing. My husband got the fish fry, which he found extremely bland. I don't think we'll be returning to the Palomino; at least not if we're already hungry.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Used to be great, now it's sad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I've lived in the area for years and this has always been a favorite...up until now. They recently made a menue change for the worse. I had a pork sandwhich with onion rings and poppers. The sandwhich was cold, the pork was chewy and the onion rings were limp and tasted like they were sprayed with water and cooled to room temp. Just gross. They also removed two great sandwiches and raised their food prices. My husband had wings and they were cold but his fries were blazing hot which means, all the rest of our food probabky sat while they cooked the fries. I have also had their fish fry about a year ago and it looked and tasted like it was your local pick n save freezer boxed fish. Nasty. I probably won't eat hete again but will stop for beer cause they do have an amazing juke box. Too bad the food sucjs now and the staff is just "ok". The waitress did take the beer off the tab but just said, "Oh" when I politely gave her feedback and assured her it wasn't her fault. She seemed more annoyed that I said something than concerned.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Mississippi
“Good food all year round!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Seating outside in warm weather months! great selection and even a BRUNCH menu! Reasonable priced and good service!!

Visited December 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Greasy and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

At first I thought this was vegan bar food paradise, but now my stomach can't handle it. Everything is fried and after a while, tastes the same. I threw up the last 2 times I ate there. The last time was after they got a new "head chef" and redid the menu. I hate the food, but it's still a great place to go for drinks and socializing.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Amazingly fried...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

A couple of friends that had been raving about this place finally took me there, and oh my, it was fantastic! Yes, most of the menu is fried. But stick to an order that is not all fried and you are good. The tater tots are amazing, and I have never been a fan of tater tots. I got the side of sweet potatoes, and loved it because it was not all sugared down like candy. You typically get a good amount of food for the money, we have never been able to eat the entire meal in one sitting. The atmosphere is laid back and they have a great beer selection. I have to say that I don't really recall our server, so they were not very personable, but then again not rude either. We now stop here on every trip to Milwaukee and I look forward to it each time!

• Visited November 2010