“Once again, a lovely meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Once again, a lovely meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Once or maybe twice a year, Two friends and I make the drive to Sala da Pranzo just east of UWM on the east side. It's a favorite reunion spot for us. Small, casual, with local artwork on the walls. I have never been disappointed in the food, the patience of the staff to indulge us as we catch up what's been going on, and the prices are decent. We can sit for a protracted length of time, and we have never been rushed to leave. Last night's waitress, Jordan, was a sweet, friendly young woman who knew her stuff and was gracious and helpful. We three friends will be back again in a few months. It's a lovely tradition. Oh, and I recommend the Bolognese, if they have it as a special, as they did last night. YUM!

“A great family place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We visit this restaurant several times a month.

It is very unassuming but the food is meraviglioso!

No one has better daily specials on Italian food. The appetizer through the entres are all your best bet but anything on the menu is done very well.

I recommend the Beef Carpaccio but the Bruchetta are great.

The veal is always amazing and the Chicken Saltimbocca is also.

And the pizza they make, Boursin and Pepperoni, WOW!

Service is good and the owners are so attentive!

What a love.

• Visited March 2012
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We go to Sala Da Pranzo every once in a while. This time the menu had slightly changed. I was in the mood for Chicken Limoncello but it had been removed from the menu. The waitress said the kitchen would still make past items for regulars and sure enough the dish was exactly as I like it. The serivce, atmosphere and food was as great as ever.

• Visited February 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Were we at the Right Place?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I read on Onmilwaukee.com that November was the 10 year anniversary of Sala, and there was a coupon on their website for 25% off the food bill. I had always heard great things about this place, so my wife and I decided to try it.

To my surprise, the best part of the meal was the bread- all the other food was bland. Olive oil w/ Grated Parm for dipping the bread- bland. Caesar salad- bland. Both pasta dishes- bland and bland. It was not that the food tasted BAD, it just did not have much flavor. A diner should be able to identify flavors in a well prepared dish. This was not the case.

My wife and I eat out 2-3 times per week, and frequent many italian places that are MUCH better than this- Il Mito, Mia Famiglia, and Ann's just to name a few. To all of you singing Sala Da Pranzo's praises, please try one of those places. I think you will notice a considerably higher level of quality, at similar prices.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, WI
“Fabulous Atmosphere - Superb Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went with a large group for a bridal shower and, were ourselves showered with attention. Starting with a few bottles of wine in the little outdoor front patio area and the best bread and olive oil dipping mix! For dinner, we selected a "family style" and oh my gosh!!! We started with a salad that in itself could have been a meal, followed by pasta, an Italian type chicken, meatballs, and simply gourmet pizza. WOW.. I think this was the BEST meal I have had when out for dinner - EVER. You will be so glad you decided to dine at Sala Da Pranzo!

• Visited July 2011