“Great service, great food, reasonable price!” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cielito Lindo
733 S 2ND St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-1804 (Walker's Point)
(414) 649-0401
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #181 of 1,408 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great service, great food, reasonable price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went to Cielito Lindo for the first time in a LONG time yesterday with a friend for some patio time. She had to talk me into going because the last time I had been there it was a DUMP in a not-so-great neighborhood. I'm really glad she talked me into it... it had been remodeled with it's own parking lot (HUGE bonus for Walker's Point) and the patio, while small, was nicely kept up. Our server was friendly and efficient. We shared the Molcajete for ONE and it was still too much - steak (a little chewy), shrimp (amazing), chicken (ok) and cheese and veggies with avocado in a giant pot. Super good! Also came with rice, beans and guacamole. I had a Corona and my friend (having to work) had an iced tea and our bill was right at $20 - and we left STUFFED. Definitely, definitely check this place out!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Divajetsetter
“Decent food doesn't overshadow terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I arrived about 40 min after my group of girlfriends were already seated assuming that they would already have food and I would just join in the festivities a little belated. The ladies had drinks, but the waitress never came to take their order. Perhaps she wanted to put the order in all at once... except when she finally came and took the food orders (she did take a drink order for me when I arrived) she completely skipped me and the person on the side of me. Once the orders were put everything seemed to be fine. We were all eating and enjoying our drinks. When it was time to pay we were told they could only take cash. (Fine we should have brought cash with a larger group eating out.) When someone volunteered to put the balance on their card they brought the receipt with the whole bill on the card, and of course conveniently forgot to bring the $100 in cash that was given until it was mentioned. After that was straightened out there was a shushing sound that I kept hearing as we continued to finish our drinks and laugh and what not. The 19 % tip was collected (would have been 20 if proper change was brought when asked- and despite iffy service) and we were asked to quiet down because the 6 other people in the restaurant apparently had a problem with a group of women laughing. I'm sorry? I'm in a mexican restaurant on Friday night that stays open until about 4am, and after the largest bill and tip of the night we can't enjoy ourselves? I will be sure to X them off of the restaurant list of myself, and I'll be sure to deter anyone I know from this place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Good food but poor service. Table of 11 and waitress continued to reach over people to hand out food. When it was time to pay the bill, after everyone's cards and cash were in the black folder and given to a waiter, he told us only one card per table. One person offered their card for the $61 balance with $100 cash. However, when the receipt came back her card was ram for the entire $161. They gave us the cash back. But then after 20mins they asked the party to leave because "customers complained" that they were "too loud" and that is why many customers "left". There were 2 four tops and one 2 in the restaurant. They left when they were done eating. Took home no containers. At the time the group was asked to leave there were two people at the bar and one two top. The group was laughing and having fun. No cursing, no poor speech or dirty talk. A group of mothers and wives asked to leave for having a good time. We will never be back. This post will be seen on other websites as well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“My favorite for Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hello Milwaukee! We have loads of Mexican restaurants--some are sometimes great but Cielito Lindo is great ALL the time! Hot food is got and cold food is cold--the way it should be. And delicious. The staff are always well dressed in attractive uniforms, pleasant and helpful. The place is very nice and clean and that is so important. It is pleasantly and artfully decorated and appointed. Parking is so convenient with their own lot. Thank you!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest Park, Illinois, United States
“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place looks like a greasy taco stand from the front, but inside is a large, clean, and colorful dining room. The staff were friendly and the service was very good. But the food was amazing! We had some of the best chicken mole we've ever had as well as a delicious shrimp and octopus ceviche. The guacamole was some of the freshest I've ever tasted. This will be a regular haunt any time I'm in Milwaukee.

Visited November 2012