“Why aren't there more places like Watts Tea Room?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Watts Tea Shop

The Watts Tea Shop
761 N Jefferson St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)
414-290-5720
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 1,393 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Armenian, English, Café, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, or your next Special Event!Milwaukee’s most historic tea room, perched atop the prestigious china and crystal store, serving homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts. Serving Milwaukee's historic Easttown Neighborhood since 1870!Winner of a 2011 James Beard Award and named one of The New York Times 10 Greatest Old World Dining Institutions!
Washington DC
“Why aren't there more places like Watts Tea Room?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I were in Milwaukee for a wedding and had some time to ourselves on Saturday afternoon. I remembered going to Watts Tea Room with my grandmother asw a little girl - and so we went for lunmch. Everything we ate wasw delicious and homemade. I had the Eggs Benedict and my husband had a Chicken Salad Sandwich and both were wonderful. The English muffins in the Eggs Bendict were unlike any I had every had and the waitress told me that they were made daily. Don't miss the Chickien Salad (the wheat bread also is made on site) which comes with a delicious stack of perfectly ripened melon and a cup of bread and butter pickles. I was sad that we didn'[t have4 room for dessert as the ones being served nearby looked wonderful. I can't wait for a return to Milwaukee so that I can try one!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tea Shop and Gift Store”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I thought this place was ok. The tea was really good, and the quiche and sunshine cake were quite tasty as well. I came with a group and we tried a taste of quite a few things and felt half the food was amazing and the other half was just so-so. I do not recommend the tea sandwiches they really didn't bring anything special to the table. I would order the quiche of the day and dessert if I went back. The atmosphere is 'ok' as well. It wasn't as interesting as i thought it would be. There were great tunes playing. When looking at the photos people have posted I wonder if things have changed. Our meals were served on plain ol' Perkins style plates nothing ornate like those shown in photos on yelp. The wait staff looked disheveled and some of them looked crabby, which i felt pulled away from the idea of a "classy afternoon tea". Overall there isn't anything THAT bad, but I also didn't think it was anything to write home about.

Visited March 2011
wisconsin
“Most Elegant Afternoon Tea Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

The Historic Watts Teashop is upstairs to a high-end luxury retail emporium. That alone makes the atmosphere somewhat magical. However, that said, the dress and feel of the teashop was fairly casual. There were business men in suits, older women in white gloves, mothers with children, and many others finishing their lunches whilst we had our traditional english afternoon tea.
Free valet parking is offered, and shopping was grand, to say the least!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Lovely for brunch on Sun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Lovely for brunch on Sun!

Canada
“rude service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

I visited the tea shop in November, 07 with seven other ladies while our husbands attended a conference in Milwaukee. We were not impressed at all with the service.

The waiter was very rude. Apparently there were some sort of personnel problems and we felt he took this out on us. A true professional will never disclose such things to guests or allow it to affect the level of service. The establishment's dirty laundry should not have been aired in public.

We waited well over half an hour before he would even take our drink order. At that point we were ready to order our meals, but he refused. We considered walking out and going elsewhere for lunch. We waited almost another half hour before he took the meal order. In the meantime, parties that arrived after us had been served their meals before we were even allowed to order.

One of the ladies ordered tea and the water was only lukewarm. I have never in my life not tipped a server, but felt very inclined not to tip on this occasion.

This establishment is overrated.