“Great Family Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Service is good and there is a good variety of food for everyone in the family. The one near us has different things going on for the kids each night, including a magician who goes from table to table.

Visited February 2013

77% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Great service, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have visited the Chancery many times, but my most recent visit came after an absence of about a year. The difference in the food was dramatic. The pulled pork sandwich contained minimal barbecue sauce with several pieces of fatty meat. The meat clearly was scooped out onto the bun as it appeared in a rounded mound on the bun. My two dining companions were simililarly disappointed with their meals. The saving grace was the attentive service. A disappointing visit; probably my last at this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pierre, sd
“Pricey for pub fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was ok, but not great. Service the same. I adore French onion soup, so I tried it. Mediocre at best. I had to put some of my mom's crispy onion strings in it since there was very little onion, and the broth didn't have much flavor. Her wrap was just average.

Visited January 2013
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
“Love the pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My fiance and I were on a business trip and this place was only a few blocks from where our hotel was. The first time I had their pasta, which you pick the pasta, sauce, meat, and three toppings (either for $8 or $11 depending on what size you order)---that was delicious! Second time I had the cashew stir-fry with shrimp---that I didn't like so much. That was a matter of personal taste and ordering it thinking I would like it rather than how it was made. But ordering a meal I ended up not liking was made up with ordering a dessert that we both devoured: the cookie skillet. Its chocolate chip cookie dough baked in an iron skillet and topped with ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream and served with a shot glass of milk. Yum! And for $4 for a dessert two people could share that was a good deal, too!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Onion rings are huge quantity and their salmon is melt in your mouth. Lemonade is expensive at 3.50 a pop, no free refills.

Visited March 2013