“the pho is the best in wisconsin” 3 of 5 stars

414-384-4522
Improve this listing
Ranked #614 of 1,405 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
green bay
“the pho is the best in wisconsin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I really enjoy the pho and the steamed pork spring rolls. I do visit Phan's every time I am in Milwaukee. But as with this great delious food comes with a hefty price. What I mean is the food is great with decent prices however the service is very poor. I learned to rationalized my cup of water and before I tip, I do check my bill. On many occasions they have charged me for "service fee." And they especially charge that when they know they provide a poor service. So before you tip make sure it's not already added on your bill even if you were the only one at your table or have less than 2 people. My sister lives in Milwaukee and every time she has been here she has been charged a "service fee."

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

milwaukee
“Unproffessional employees and horrible food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

When we stepped right in, the greeter was sitting across behind the counter and point his finger towards a table. I find that rude, they did not greet us or show us a table. After one minute of sitting down they asked us what we wanted to order. I told them we need a few more minutes. One minute later he came back again to ask if we are ready to order. We were still deciding what to order so he got mad and said rudely to call him when we are ready. We were hungry so we try not to mind their rude service. The food was horrible and looks like left overs. A waitress brought our food and she has long hair and nail polish on- which her hair or nail polish could fall off into our food! We left without leaving any tips- why should we for their nasty food and rude servicve? The owner of the restarant had the guts to chase me out and demand some tips!!!!!!! I was chased after for TIPS!!!!! Next time I won't be so friendly with him, IF we ever do go back there. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Take my advice or expierence it for yourself.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
milwaukee
“Rude and Unfriendly Service Especially to Families”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

After a disappointing lunch with my friend and our daughters, I will not be going back to this place. This was one of the few authentic Vietnamese restaurants in Milwaukee we used to patronize. However, the service we received last time was unprofessional and rude. We waited over 35 minutes for our food consisting of 2 appetizers, 2 noodle soups and one bowl of rice. I asked the server for the rice since our daughters said they were hungry. The server insisted the food was coming soon and did not even attempt to bring out the rice. When I commented that they were slow the previous times we ate there, he lectured that I should know how they prepare their food and take their time. He was rude and unapologetic about their slow service. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Favorite Milwaukee Spot for Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I was very surprised to see the review suggesting this is a dishonest business. I visit Phans at least monthly, and have never had a problem with additional charges. I can imagine if there was a large party, they might add an automatic 15% tip, which many restaurants do. The food is exemplary and plentiful, intricate flavors combine to please a discriminating taste. My favorite items are the Chicken Curry with Lemongrass, the Basil Chicken (either of those dishes with shrimp are great too) the Pho soup, and the dish that is a mixed meat combination of traditional Chow Fun, but has a name I always forget. It is listed under the noodle dishes- I just ask them for Chow Fun Combo and they know what I want.

The prices are more than reasonable, and especially with the quality of food. Go often!

Milwaukee
“Dishonest Business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

They charge you tips in the check without asking you and everytime I go there, they charge 15% even when the service is poor. The food is bland. The bathroom and kitchen are dirty. The decor looks nice but the service is unfriendly and they even served the wrong dish. I don't go there anymore.