“Meh” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Illinois
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Our family visited Milwaukee the week of Thanksgiving and was looking for a place to dine. This restaurant was across the street, so we decided to order something to go and relax in our room. Upon entry, this looked like a very nice restaurant with good food. We ordered a large cheese pizza (being vegetarians) and a turtle cheesecake. The prices were reasonable but I was really disappointed with the pizza. It was incredibly bland and the cheesecake order was wrong. But we were to hungry to return it. Consequently, we ended up ordering something from room service - which I wish we had done to start.

Visited November 2013

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great EVERYTHING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Everything was great...the hosetest greeted our party of six and had our table ready....the place is busy but the service was excellent....good pizza.....good drinks....reasonable prices...good location to performing arts center.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Italian in Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This restaurant is right across the street from the Hyatt Regency hotel. The atmosphere is great. I had the rigatone bolognese, and it was excellent. My server was very competent but really slow. Don't expect a quick meal here. If you are dining alone, I would recommend sitting at the bar. The bartenders were quick with drinks and food, and seemed to be really friendly.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Expensive Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pricey but tasty. Dined here twice as it is right across the street from the Hyatt. Had both dinner and lunch here. The chicken Marsala was good but unlike any Marsala I had ever had. They do have a lunch menu so we were spared dinner pricing...or so I thought. I had had the calamari fritto at dinner as an appetizer and it was good so the next day at lunch I was craving a salad and more calamari. They offered a Caesar with chicken for an additional 3.95. I asked if I could get a half order of the calamari on top of my Caesar. I didn't hear back so I assumed it was all good. And it was except they charged me for a full order so my salad was a pricy $20 for lunch!

Beware also...no spilt checks allowed. Where is your Italian hospitality?

Visited October 2013
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Wow........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Myself and a friend visited last night prior to seeing Jersey Boys. Neither of us had been there before but Italian Food is our favorite so we decided to take a chance.
We had reservations at 6pm and were seated right away at a nice table near the window.
My first impression was that the place was small and intimate. It was upscale but still felt warm and inviting.
Our waiter came right away and was very friendly. He helped us choose an Italian wine off of the wine menu. The Camporgrande Orvieto Classico was really delicious.
The menu is large and full of plenty of choices.
My friend chose the Tortellini al Calderone with a side Caesar salad and I had the Chicken Marsala with the house salad. The home made Italian dressing was really good.
Both of us agreed that our dish was one of the best that we've ever had. Portion sizes were large but we still both finished our entire meal. They make all their own pastas and you can really taste that difference.
We both are sure we'll be back soon. SOOOO much better than Joey Buona's that is down the street.
Excellent food, staff and atmosphere makes this place really special!

• Visited October 2013