“disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wind Lake, Wisconsin
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I had been wanted to eat here for YEARS
and never made it happen until this past weekend. Unfortunately,
I can't say it was worth the wait. I had read the other reviews
which warned of the loud acoustics in this place, but that usually doesn't
bother us, so I didn't think much of it. HOLY COW--this place is LOUD!
I couldn't even hear my friend sitting across the table from me.
Everyone enjoyed their food, but this is an instance where I have to say,
value/portions is not worth the price you pay. One of my friends ordered
chicken fettuccini alfredo. It was $17, did not include soup or salad, and was
a tiny portion. I think he finished in 4 minutes and said he could have eaten
3 more plates of it. (And he is a skinny guy!) None of the dinners include
anything beside bread, and if you order a small garden salad ahead of your meal,
it is an extra $6! The waitress never asked if anyone wanted a refill on soda. Our waters were not refilled. This is one thing that really bothers me when dining out. The waitress brought me something other than what I ordered for dinner. She asked if I would like to try the meal she brought if it was on the house, which was a nice gesture. On a positive note, our table WAS waiting for us when we arrived at 5:55pm for our 6pm reservations. The 4 of us were all STARVING 2 hours later. We all felt that there are enough good Italian places around where you can get more for your money for the same quality of food. Unfortunately, I would not go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Italian Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I eat here whenever we can and it's always excellent! If you love authentic italian food, this is the place! Homemade dishes with fresh ingredients, so yummy!! The staff is always nice.The service is a little slow in the summertime but it doesn't matter because once you get the food, it's worth it!!!This place fills up fast, even on weeknights so I would make a reservation if possible.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Collierville, Tennessee
“"Pleasant Italian Surprise in Downtown Milwaukee"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We we finally got through all of the weather delays and "finally" got to the downtown Milwaukee Hyatt in the cold pouring down rain...and...we realized we were starving !! We came downstairs and asked the hotel about where we could take a taxi and eat close by. "You don't need a taxi...right across Old World 3rd Street is Calderone's...you will love it" we were told. We walked over to the side door of the hotel lobby and through the rain we could see the restaurant. It was like 20 steps out the door. We immediately fell in love with this place. This restaurant reminded us of one of those wonderful family operated "Italian gems" you find in "Little Italy" in New York City..but...we are in old German downtown Milwaukee !! The Italian dishes were just awesome and everyone that worked in this restaurant treated us like family. During our week long conference, we ended up having dinner at Calderone's several times. Great romantic atmosphere for a couple....fun for a group....perfect if by yourself. You will just "love" Calderone's !

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois
“Awesome, as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Anytime we are in town for the marathon, we eat here! We also end up ordering a pizza later in the evening for some extra carbs! The pizza sauce is incredible! Wish they had close to us! Love this place! (If going when the marathon is in town, go early, so you don't have to wait!)

Visited October 2012
Florence, Italy
“Best Italian restaurant in the US.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The Pizza is just perfect: real mozzarella.
Great appetizers and the spaghetti and meat ball is THE BEST.
Gnocchi are terrific, you'll lick the plate.
So many good things to try.

Ilario and Gino are awesome.

An Italian man in USA.