“Still great after all these years” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pitch's Lounge & Restaurant
1801 N Humboldt Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202-1699 (Lower East Side)
(414) 272-9313
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #496 of 1,431 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Madison, Wisconsin
“Still great after all these years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It had been quite a few years since I had been here, but on a recent trip to Milwaukee we stopped in for dinner. The ribs are great as I remember, but the real treat is the fried eggplant--something I find hard to find outside of Milwaukee. The eggplant is done perfectly, crispy and firm, not soggy like other places. Great atmosphere from a time where ambience and service were a requirement, not a luxury.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greendale, Wisconsin
“A terrific Italian Restaurant with great Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This Italian restaurant serves great ribs and is a real Milwaukee treasure. The prices are very reasonable, portions are good size and the wait staff is very friendly. Is a very cozy and comfy restaurant in the Brady Street District. Definitely a place to go for a good meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Santiago, Chile
“Good food, but beware!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

They charge 2 dollars for a tiny glass of coke full of ice with no refills! The waitress keps asking if we wanted more coke and we ended paying a lot

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Gold - It's a Supper Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My date and I were looking for a late night Friday fish fry dinner (8pm) and came across Pitchs. This place is a benchmark "standard supper club" on the East Side. You'll be welcomed into the bar area - we had a drink before dinner and met the other bar patrons - very social bar area - a blast!! Dinner, the waitress brought a bread basket, bread sticks, butter, etc. Great Vibe! In the dinning room, we even asked that they turned the lights down (turned up for the old folks), and they turned the lights down, perfect ambiance. The fish fry(s) were awesome!! I would go back.

• Visited August 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Cozy Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Always on the hunt for a restaurant that serves great bbq, I decided to give Pitch's a try for Father's Day.

Having heard that Pitch's has a supper club atmosphere I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It had a cozy atmosphere and it was neat and clean, something you don't expect at an older restaurant.

Pitch's tout's itself as having nationally famous barbeque baby back ribs so I knew what I was having when I got there.

I had thought my father would order ribs too since I picked out the restaurant for him, but he ordered T-bone Steak. My mother ordered the ribs and chicken. My husband and I were the only ones to order the full rack of ribs.

The appetizers we ordered before the main course were good. I particulary enjoyed the Rumaki, water chestnuts wrapped in bacon. The egg plant and shredded onion rings were also good.

Given a choice of soup or salad, all but my father ordered salad. The salads were a nice size and tasty. My father enjoyed his soup.

When our main course arrived, it looked really appetizing. Our ribs were meaty and had a nice robust flavor. My father ordered his steak medium-well but it came well done. My mother was happy with her ribs and chicken.

I would say Pitch's does not have the best ribs in town, but they are better then some of the other places that claim to have good ribs.

The food at Pitch's is good, the atmosphere is pleasant and the service is outstanding. I would not only go back, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2012