“Crazy Water is Crazy Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crazy Water

Crazy Water
839 S 2nd St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-1822 (Walker's Point)
414-645-2606
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Crazy Water is Crazy Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This little gem is hard to find, but once you do, it'll be hard to resist. Using the best regional and seasonal ingredients, they craft a menu of intriguing and very tasty choices, as well as daily specials that really are special. The restaurant bustles without being overly loud, and impresses without being pretentious. A decently priced wine list and knowledgeable but not snooty servers round out a truly enjoyable dining experience. One of Milwaukee's best!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went here with my family to celebrate my B-day this year and had a great meal. I find the specials are usually excellent - had an exceptionally well-prepared veal loin crusted with pistachios. An old favorite appetizer is dates stuffed with chorizo. Mascarpone cheesecake was best of the desserts

Visited April 2013
Milwaukee
“Crazy good! A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went to Crazy Water with my wife for a nice pre-theatre dinner. We'd been trying to get in here for months, but never got organized enough. We arrived around 5:15, hopeful but with no reservations. We could have had a table if we wanted to leave by 6:30, so we decided to sit at the bar instead, which worked out well enough. By 6:00 pm, the place was packed. We started with appetizers - I had three of the baked bluepoint oysters and my wife had a salad with kale, feta, poached apricots, and other yummy stuff. I had a mushroom-crusted pork tenderloin speical with roasted carrots, and my wife had halibut with grilled asparagus. I lost track of all of the details, and these were evening specials, so they may not be repeated. We also enjoyed a glass of prosecco to start, and I had a glass of Chateau Coutet St. Emilion with the pork (a surprisingly good match, based on the sauce and mushrooms). We skipped dessert, as we'd had enough with the regular food.
There are a lot of interesting wines by the glass, and stuff you usually don't see except by the bottle. That gives you a nice chance to try different things, which I like.
It's a bit cramped and noisy for a really special occasion, but the food is fabulous. I would go back soon, the next time we're looking for something really nice.
It's not an everyday place for us, since we'd rather not spend $100+ routinely. But, it's a nice change when we're up for something a bit special.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, WI
“Unique and Incredible Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a small-ish restaurant in an old store-front. But, the food is fantastic and the entrees are made at the end of their bar. Some of the best food in Milwaukee--if you love food and great atmosphere you have to go here!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Only OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had high expectations which were not met. The atmosphere is good even though the space is tiny and you can barely move. We loved the building. Our server was very cool, never friendly, and no smile. Service was inattentive. My appetizer of pork belly was delicious. But my entree of mushroom dusted sea bass was not good. It was thickly coated with mushrooms, like a breaded chop. When it came I thought the wrong food was delivered. It was black with a very dark sauce that I would serve with a red meat. The fish was so overpowered. I did like the mushrooms. My husband had a special of a veal chop which he said was decent. Our wine was good. It seems like the chef is trying to be creative but doesn't have the knack at combining ingredients. We will not go back.

• Visited March 2013