“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Joey Buona's Pizzeria
500 N Water St, Milwaukee, WI 53202-5507 (Downtown)
414-272-8662
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joey Buona's Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 1,391 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Klyboune
Description: Located in a historical building in downtown Milwaukee, Joey Buona's offers Italian Family Style dining featuring our traditional family recipes. Our Banquet rooms can accommodate 20 to 220 people and our Catering Company can bring the party to your home or office.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

Had the family style for 2 and was good and plentiful. Of special note was the chicken lemone -- very good sauce.

Dave, our waiter, was very good, friendly and efficient.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oconomowoc WI
“Great Service, close to Pabst Theater, OK pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I had a reservation for 12 on a Saturday night. They promote taking care of large groups. Service was great, very attentive and out to please. Garlic Cheese bread was eight pieces, but very small and below average. Ordered 3 large pizzas and two deep dish. The deep dish really were not very deep, with a different crust. It was doughy tasting at the bottom like it wasn't cooked enough, but the flavors, ingredients, and sauce were good. The traditional pizza all was good. They have an all you can eat pizza party, but at a price over $20.00per person I thought that was outrageous. Get your pizza by the pie, don't expect much from deep dish, and forget garlic cheese bread. Enjoy traditional with great service. Pabst Theater and the Safe House are walking distance (4-5 blocks)

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Be Careful, Joey Buonas overcharged me. They are thieves”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I ate at this restaurant on 11/19/2010. We were 6 friends, so the tip was included in the bill. Fine! No problem with this. My bill was $11.11. ($9.50 for the meal and $1.61 for the tip). I decided to pay $9.50 by credit card, and the tip cash. Therefore, I only authorized this restaurant to charge my credit card $9.50, and I signed the receipt. Well, it appears that they charged my credit card the full amount ($11.11). This is of course completely illegal as I had expressly authorized them to charge me $9.50 as I paid the tip by cash. I called the restaurant manager, he told me their computer cannot charge less than the amount of the bill (yeah, sure, so how can some people pay part of their bill by cash or with a gift card, and the remaining amount by credit card???). I asked him to refund me for the difference, he dared to say no. Not only did they illegally overcharged me, but they also refused to refund $1.61. This amount may seem ridiculously low, but disputing this charge is a question of principle and respect. Joey Buonas Pizzeria in Milwaukee, WI stole money from me. In my eyes this is fraud.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Good deep-dish pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Went here specifically for the deep-dish pizza. While not completely up to the Chicago standard, it was pretty close, and worth the trip. We were there on sunday night of a holiday weekend and it wasn't crowded at all.
Service was fine and there was parking in a municipal lot across the street.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire
“Disappointing pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The service was excellent and the atmosphere was good, but the pizza was very disappointing. I love Chicago style deep dish pizza so was happy to find this place near my hotel. I went in and ordered the house special Italian beef pizza. The toppings were very tasty, but the crust was terrible. It was rubbery and flavorless, I wonder if it was a frozen crust? I've had much better pizza than this at Pizzeria Uno's chain stores.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere