“Unimpressed” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 1,338 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly-upgraded for a more fresh, contemporary look, and located within the Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel, The Anchorage proudly received a 3 ½ out of 4 star review from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Long-known for its unique variety of tempting seafood creations, The Anchorage has a NEW MENU for its lunch and dinner service, now featuring Allen Brothers Steaks, signature seafood entrées, classic appetizers, and daily “Chef’s Specials”! Coupled with scenic views of the Milwaukee River, The Anchorage presents its guests with casual elegance in a panoramic setting that truly distinguishes itself as a premier dining destination in Milwaukee! Seasonal service on The Patio offers a very unique option for dining and socializing occasions. Private catering for banquets and meetings also available.
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I read the reviews and thought this might be a good place to eat. Service was subpar. Food was not good. The atmosphere off the river was nice. We will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Incredible Experience - June 4, 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I wanted to follow up and let you know what an enjoyable lunch we had on June 4, 2014. I ran into one of your employees, as he was leaving his shift and we were coming to eat, he recommended a few items on the menu.

Per his suggestion, my colleague started with the Red Snapper Soup which she loved. I enjoyed your unique twist on calamari! For our main dishes, she enjoyed the American Burger while I indulged with the Scrod Oscar (which our server had recommended).

Everything was truly enjoyable and incredibly tasty! Our service was great and the river view was so relaxing – we didn’t just get a few minutes away from work – we had a relaxing, scrumptious, and delightful time away from the office!

Thank you and your staff for a truly amazing experience!

Madison, Wisconsin
“great chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

called looking for salmon croquette-they are not on the menu-chef said he would make them for us special-went wed 6/11 for lunch -3 of us for the salmon =made my brothers birthday special the bloody marys are also a treat
it is great to find this kind of service
thanks for everything
we will be back to try other interesting menu items
Tony Tony

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Average Food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at this restaurant for a quick lunch before I had to leave for work. The menu offered average food, lots of sandwiches and finger foods, and the prices were extremely high. We only decided to eat here, because we had a $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com. When it came time to pay the remainder of the bill from what the certificate did not cover, I instructed the waitress to charge only a certainly amount on my card and my boyfriend gave the rest to her in cash since we were paying separately. She took so long with my card, that I had to leave the responsibility to my boyfriend as I headed out for work. I checked my bank statement and she charged the entire bill to my card and just kept the rest of the money that my boyfriend handed her as a personal tip. I am upset, as this is not what we instructed her to do. She knew that we were doing a split transaction, because she repeated the directions instructed to her. Never going there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I stay in Milwaukee my first choice in hotels is the River Hilton. What sets this hotel apart is the great food and outstanding service in the Anchorage. Both Sandy and Mary go beyond the call of duty taking care of their customers and set this establishment above others. Awesome food and tatmosphere generated by great Hilton employees.

• Visited May 2014