“Wonderful lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are located in the historic Mackie Building in downtown Milwaukee. Come visit us for great food, fine spirits, good people and the history of the buildings architecture, as well as the famous "Grain Exchange" located upstairs. Can't find a place to park? Stop in for a $2 voucher for off street parking!
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Wonderful lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here because of the tripadvisor ratings. Wasn't sure though when we got there with our 2 kids if they would eat here. They usually just want to eat pasta. We sat outside along Michigan Street. One kid had scrambled eggs and the other had a half rack of ribs. They both gobbled them down. I had a french dip sandwich and the wife a chicken breast sandwich which were both really good. Their kettle chips were delicious.

Visited July 2013

“Great little spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. The homemade chips were fantastic and not too salty. They were very accommodating when I wanted to modify my sandwich and extremely apologetic when my sister's Burger wsd undercooked. The service was a little slow, but the waitress was very friendly!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crozet, Virginia
“Great Dinner Stop-Could Have Stayed Longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It's all true, even down to the outrageously good carrots. It you strive to be in the find-good-local-places club (is there an app for that?), then this should be on your Milwaukee dance card.

Visited July 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Amazing gem in Downtown Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you are staying anywhere downtown MKE this is a must for all! This is a dive bar with class! The Hilton Garden Inn is directly across the street. I did not stay there but found myself at the SDE every night I was in MKE due to the fantastic reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor. This is a fantastic bar and the food is just as notable. The Patty Melt and Vermouth Carrots are an amazing choice. The bartenders are great. The music they play was perfect and how can you go wrong with 3 for $5 Coors Lights daily! There are also $2 shots of the week. The prices of everything are very reasonable and along with great service and atmosphere, this place can't be beat. I can't wait to go back to the SDE!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I may have been just unlucky, but the evening I visited, a cook and my server were having an expletive-laced spat that was easily overheard at my table. So not a great start on arrival, but the food was quite good (especially their sides) and my server didn't seem to let the distractions affect my service. The location is good and within walking distance of many downtown hotels. Hopefully I witnessed an anomalous bad day at what appears to be an otherwise rather good local establishment.

• Visited June 2013