“Service is always exceptional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Knick

The Knick
1030 E Juneau Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202-2850 (Downtown)
414-272-0011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Knick is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Prospect
Transit: Bus line nearby
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Service is always exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The bar service is where it's at. These guys/gals really know what they're doing by making sure no drink sits empty for too long. Why do some other places just don't get that? Keep the patron's drinks coming especially during brunch and that's a great start and the Knick's bartenders get that! As for brunch, stick to the standards like french toast, simple eggs/toast/potatoes, omelets, etc.. I was a little disappointed paying $20 for average steak and eggs. I don't know what I was expecting but it fell flat of what little expectations I had in the first place. With the delicious brunch drinks coming, i didn't really care at that point!

Visited September 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“poor quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

On November 18,2012, two of us had dinner at the Knick. We both had steak and frits. The steak was very small for the price, but my steak was good.My friend's steak had grizzle and she could not finish it. The frits looked and tasted like they were reheated. The salad that we paid extra for was nothing but greens, not even fresh. This was a special dinner for my friend so I said nothing. If I had been alone I would have sent the whole thing back. Maybe brunch is good at the Knick, but not this meal! Poor quality food and overpriced!

Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, WI
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ok It has great location. Food is just average. Staff was friendly. Not much else I can say about this place

Visited June 2012
Milwaukee, Wi
“Nice Place - if a little inconsistent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been eating and drinking at the Knick for years (as its in my neighbourhood.) The current bar/restaurant is a little hit-and-miss - in general the food is good and the bar has a nice atmosphere, but more then a few times we've been ignored or received the wrong order. I'd love The Knick to be a great restaurant that I could recommend to people, but instead its a place that I take a chance on once in a while.

Visited June 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

decent atmosphere.We ordered an app which was very good. Entrees came and both our dishes were mostly inedible. I ordered walleye with capers, preserved lemons and green beans. Substituted sage risotto for the mashed potatoes. Green beans were of the frozen variety- nothing on them. The risotto and the fish had absolutely no flavor at all. My boyfriend ordered scallops and pork belly with risotto and asparagus. Asparagus was woody, the pork belly was mostly fat. scallops were ok, but again not seasoned well. The sauce that was drizzled over the top helped. The server never came to check on us after our entrees were served--- I thnk there were two other tables in the restaurant at the time. No excuse. when he finally came over to ask if we wanted boxes for our food, we said no (although it was obvious we barely touched our food). Still didn't ask how everything was. Stood at the hostess stand for a good 5 minutes staring at us after he had brought our bill and we were obviously just sitting there waiting to pay up and get out. $78 later!!! With all the great places in Milwaukee, don't waste your time or your money here.

• Visited November 2012