“What A Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Scottsdale, Arizona
“What A Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was with a group 6 and went here for breakfast. We all ordered something different and we all gave this diner an enthusiastic thumbs up. I had a Denver and cheese omelet which was prepared perfectly. It was not dry as a lot of omelet’s are. Rather, it was light, fluffy and moist loaded with ham, onions, peppers and cheese. The hash browns were crispy. A nice surprise was toasted Italian bread rather than the usual regular bread. Another person in the group had the corned beef hash which arrived with a small paper flag in the hash. Hillary Clinton selected this dish when she dined there and it is now served to all customers with a flag in it. Service was very efficient, fast and friendly. The price is very reasonable as well. This diner should be on anyone’s list for a great way to start the day before visiting the city.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“50's Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just go back to the 50's although I think the food was much better in the 50's than here at Katie's diner

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Diner Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

For a non calorie counting comfort meal in Milwaukee, this is place to go. I ordered the patty melt with fries and a side of vegetables. The hamburger was served with cheddar cheese on a rye bread grilled with butter. It reminded me of a grilled cheese sandwich with juicy hamburger surprise in between the cheese. I could tell that the hamburger patty was made fresh; it was flavorful, moist and not too firm.
The French fries were a little too greasy which indicative of the oil not being hot enough. Other than that, my meal was satisfactory and I would return.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fine place for a local Milwaukee breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My son and I both like to try different breakfast places that are local. I have lived in Milwaukee for 30 years and tried this for the first time just this March. My son and I both thought it was excellent both in service and meals. It was very busy when we were there for Saturday morning breakfast but the staff was very friendly and we did not have to wait very long to be served our food. It was enjoyable just watching everyone enjoy their morning at the restaurant. I had the corned beef hash along with pancakes and they were both delicious. My son could not get enough of MY corned beef hash. He should have ordered his own, but said he definitely wants to return so he can do just that. I like the atmosphere and 50s theme of Miss Katie's and would return with out-of-town guests so they can catch the local flavor it offers.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nebo, North Carolina
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Been to Mis Katie's Diner twice and was not "WOWed" either time. I find this a place to go when everthing else is closed. Wouldn't go out of my way to catch a meal here.

Visited April 2012