“Slow, small portions, average thai food prices (high to me)” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #653 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Thai
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Slow, small portions, average thai food prices (high to me)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The place was dead. It's amazing it's survived this long. We were the only table so it you ever want to impress someone by saying you've "rented it out for a private party" ... this is the place! The food took forever to arrive and when it did, the portion was limited. Don't get me wrong, it was decent thai food but there was more gravy/sauce than the food itself. We split the Thai Connection where, there's a mix of red & green peppers, some onions and mushroom, and 2 pieces of chicken, shrimp, squid, and beef. I was amazed I found the squid in the dish! SKIMPY! As dead as it was, they should have filled the entrees since I bet we were their only table all week. I don't plan to return but it was worth a try.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

tosa, wi
“Decent Thai Food, But Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

First time here. Building looks better on the outside than it does on the inside. They had a TV on in the dining room during lunch. That is irritating to me. If I want TV, then I will go to a bar or tavern. So ambiance lacking.

I ordered their specialty cocktail and was told the chef didnt want to make it. I settled for a mai thai. It was like drinking kool aid. Next time I will get the thai iced coffee.

Ordered some soup for an appetizer and the pudt thai for an entree. They brought out soup and some potatoes with beef before the meal. I was confused, I thought they screwed up my soup. But then they brought me the soup I ordered. I had no idea that the meal came with appetizers. Would have been nice to see it on the menu or have the server let us know about the items that came with the meal because then I would not have ordered soup. The entree was good. Only one shrimp in it though, would have liked about six or so for the size of the entree.

Overall, ok. I have had better. But this is in a convinent location.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

They are just getting established, but the tastes are so amazing. I don't know what to order, but went with someone who does. We ordered 4 different dishes and split them all. The best was the crispy duck. We ordered a cold dish not on the menu, but that every Thai place has, I was told, called Larb (like lahb) and it also was amazing. I haven't been back yet, but want to soon.

Visited October 2011
Seminole, Florida
“Best Thai food in Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Having eaten at the other bigger name Thai restaurants I continue to like the food at this restaurant the most. Lunchs come with a soup, cold salad and entre'. Plenty to eat of very good Thai food. The ambience is lacking and service is a little slow (due to family members "doing it all") - but if you want a great tasting Thai meal - this is the best I've found in Milwaukee. Going for dinner there tonight!

Midwest
“uncomfortable, mediocre service, average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

if you go in the wintertime, better keep your coat on, they don't turn on the heat as far as we could tell. we went at lunchtime, and even though there were only 3 tables including ours, we didn't get water or order taken for over 10 minutes. service was slow, almost non-existent. food was average.