“Always perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milwaukee ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,405 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Milwaukee ChopHouse began its critical acclaim six years ago. From the beginning it has earned a reputation for providing a spectacular wine list, a consistent classic menu, all while being delivered by some of the best service professionals the city has to offer. Our cellar is extensive and well thought through. With a list that was honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence, how can one not find the perfect choice? The menu is a reflection of its classic steakhouse atmosphere. Some of the best steaks and chops are served along side the freshest seasonal seafood. Located in the heart of downtown, the Milwaukee ChopHouse is within walking distance of the theater district, sports venues, shopping and the lakefront.
Tallmadge
“Always perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Dined with a friend and we could have sat and talked for hours. The service was perfect, dinner was timed perfectly, everything was delicious. The asparagus (my favorite on any menu) was absolutely lovely.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Meets Your Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stopped in for an evening snack and a couple of drinks and found just what we were looking for. We ate in the bar area where the service was very good. The kitchen can handle special orders with ease and our food was very good. Still a little sticker shocked at the $12 cocktails, but we probably should have asked first.

Chicago, Illinois
“A Nice Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This restaurant has great ambiance with dark wood walls, mood lighting and very good service. My petite filet was cooked to perfection as was my husband's prime rib. We split the wedge salad which was cold and crisp. The only downside of the restaurant was their "sides" Baked potatoes, mushrooms and other vegetables were $7.00 to $8,00 each. You could order a trio of sides for $16.00, which we ordered. They took one small baked potato and cut in in half along with a side of sauteed mushrooms. That was the "trio". We sent back the potato since it was cold. Then we asked for sour cream since the " 1/2
loaded baked" was plain. The entrees, ambiance and service were good. I understand that steak houses are ala-cart. However, a cold baked potato for $8,00 is tad much. On the upside, the waiter was kind enough to give us a $10 bill in the check for our anniversary.
That was a first for me. Would I go back? Yes, but order another side. I can't believe a small baked potato is that expensive and served cold. On the upside, our waiter was knowledgeable and made our special night very nice,

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Service and food were both outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Not generally a steak house guy but we were in the Hilton and too tired to venture out for dinner. All staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgable. Food was outstanding and their 3 sides of veggies were just the right amount to share between the 2 of us.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderful service, wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As a frequent traveler (130 nights a year on the road), I often wonder that I don't find more variation in restaurants than I do. I typically encounter good food and good service, but my meal at the Chophouse in Milwaukee really stands out as an exceptional meal.

Two of us ate here while on business. The restaurant is located on the ground floor of the Hilton - a beautiful, stately property. The restaurant itself is a very nice blend of warm, dark mahogany tones and linen clothes and modern touches. We were quickly seated and a delightful server met us immediately and introduced herself and gave us a few minutes to settle in before returning for drink orders.

We both ordered the Wedge Salad and the Filet and the house cabernet. The Wedge Salad came with the house Bleu Cheese dressing and was superb. The filet came out just as I finished the salad. The filet was cooked to perfection and was one of the best steaks I have eaten in a long time.

I eat out a lot and I have worked in the restaurant business so I can usually find something to suggest as improvement. I am at a loss to find anything to suggest to improve the Chophouse. It was a terrific meal and equally terrific service in a lovely restaurant.

I will certainly return the next time I am in Milwaukee.

• Visited May 2013