“Better Then We Expected” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milwaukee ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,402 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Milwaukee ChopHouse began its critical acclaim six years ago. From the beginning it has earned a reputation for providing a spectacular wine list, a consistent classic menu, all while being delivered by some of the best service professionals the city has to offer. Our cellar is extensive and well thought through. With a list that was honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence, how can one not find the perfect choice? The menu is a reflection of its classic steakhouse atmosphere. Some of the best steaks and chops are served along side the freshest seasonal seafood. Located in the heart of downtown, the Milwaukee ChopHouse is within walking distance of the theater district, sports venues, shopping and the lakefront.
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Better Then We Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to Milwaukee and were excited to try some local restaurants. We decided on the ChopHouse because it was ranked 10th in Milwaukee and seemed to be "our style". From the moment we walked in, we were pleased. Everyone was beyond friendly, we were seated right away (which even though we had a reservation, we were surprised about, given it was a Friday night) and were given a beautifully comfy LARGE booth. Our waiter Derek, was very down to Earth, informative and friendly. He didn't try to be overly formal, he just acted like a real person, which we appreciate. Our table attendant, Milton, was also wonderful. He was so funny and sweet...we loved him! Those two really helped make our first visit to this restaurant that much better. Also, the manager took time to come to our table and make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

Now for the food...it was FABULOUS. One of the best dining experiences we've had in a while. We have NO complaints whatsoever. The steaks were like butter and cooked to perfection and the sides were delicious. Appetizer portions were a tad on the small side, but we had plenty of food otherwise, so we didn't really mind. You definitely pay for what you get, but if you're anything like us, you don't mind paying for an amazing meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grayslake, Illinois
“killer food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

if you want a downtown chicago restaurant downtown milwaukee, this is the place! everything is superb without paying the chicago prices. next time you want to go to a cubs game,skip the wrigleydump and head to millerpark and hit the bars around milwaukee.you will be hooked!

Visited March 2013
Fond du Lac, WI
“Excellent steaks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very enjoyable chophouse experience. The steaks and appetizers were excellent quality. The side dishes, while good, were typical chophouse fare. Great wine selection and the service was perfect. Would recommend for those who don't mind paying chophouse prices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome New York Strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

One of the best New York Strips I have ever had. Cooked to perfection with great side dishes topped off this incredible 22 ounce steak.

Visited February 2013
“Fantastic steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant because we had a gift certificate from Restaurant.com. The hostesses were very welcoming the second we walked up to the door and promptly offered to check my coat. We were immediately seated and welcomed by our lovely waitress Sarah. She introduced the wine menu (which I can't comment on because neither one of us drinks wine) and explained the food menu and the specials. We were given water right away and all staff members made sure that our glasses never got half empty. After ordering our food we were served some very warm pieces of bread along with a choice of sun dried tomato spread, butter, dipping oil, and gorgonzola cheese spread. I know another person commented that the bread person only came around once (which was true), but our waitress also offered another piece when we were finished. Who wants to fill up on bread when you have all this good food coming anyway?
Both of our steaks turned out fantastic, and my husband said it was one of the best steaks that he's ever had. He chose to get his steak blackened and it did add a wonderful flavor. Sarah noticed that I enjoyed the gorgonzola bread spread and offered to bring me more to add to my steak. That was a excellent addition to the steak and spared me the extra cost of ordering the steak with blue cheese on the side. I also ordered the scallops on the side and they were very good. Our waitress initially forgot to order them for me, but the manager got them for me immediately and we were never charged for them :) My husband and I shared a loaded baked potato which really wasn't anything special and could have used a lot more toppings for the price. Once we split it I hardly had any sour cream on my half. The cheescake on the other hand was delicious. The crust was really thick and the flavor was really good. All in all, this restaurant had top notch service in every way, and excellent food. We will definitly be back again to use the second gift certificate.
If you're like me and wondering how to dress, I saw women wearing anything from khakis and a sweater, to dresses. Men seemed to care less about their appearance. My husband wore a shirt and tie, but others were wearing Harley fleece jackets and one man even came in his fleece pajama pants and a hooded sweatshirt. That was quite a bit underdressed in my opinion, but khakis, sweaters, and some suit jackets were also seen.

• Visited February 2013