“Excellant Food .... Beautiful Surroundings .... Over and Above Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Milwaukee ChopHouse

Milwaukee ChopHouse
633 North Fifth Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milwaukee ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Milwaukee ChopHouse began its critical acclaim six years ago. From the beginning it has earned a reputation for providing a spectacular wine list, a consistent classic menu, all while being delivered by some of the best service professionals the city has to offer. Our cellar is extensive and well thought through. With a list that was honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence, how can one not find the perfect choice? The menu is a reflection of its classic steakhouse atmosphere. Some of the best steaks and chops are served along side the freshest seasonal seafood. Located in the heart of downtown, the Milwaukee ChopHouse is within walking distance of the theater district, sports venues, shopping and the lakefront.
Kure Beach
“Excellant Food .... Beautiful Surroundings .... Over and Above Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

As a flight attendant, I eat out 2-3 times a week in hotel restaurants. We are in the customer service business ourselves so, we can appreciate good service given to us! Yoko was our server, and I can't say enough good about her! ;-) She was so friendly and patient with us. We couldn't decide WHAT we wanted from the most excellant choices, and we asked so many questions about how it was prepared, the portions, the ingrediants ... you name it ... we asked! She returned often to our table to check on us, and was never rude, or overbearing. What a wonderful experience it was!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hutchrenk, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Kure Beach, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you so much for your kind words about our restaurant and especially about your server Yoko. I agree, that we are both in the business of trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is not an easy task. For you to take the time to write a few positive remarks about your personal dining experience with us means a whole lot to all of us here at the ChopHouse. Yoko and I both look forward to your return.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Gracious Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I and my date would like to happily ackowledge the following employees for their friendliness, enthusiasm, knowledge and assistance in our wonderful dining experience.
Starting with the Doorman, Scott, who was really helpful in directing me as to where to park; to the General Manager, Hutch, who welcomed us with a smile and a maitre d' savvy and then to Morgan and Joey who were very professional and forthcoming with what the restaurant had to offer. Joseph knew the house's menu, the specials and wine list without hesitation. My steak and my friend's seafood order and the sides were what we were hoping for, absolutely delicious!
When going to a top rated restaurant, I always make note of the staff and how receptive they are when you step into the restaurant. Probably more important then the actual dinner. One begets the other. Being a Residential Concierge for 20 something years, I want to know that whomever I send to the Milwaukee Chop House they will experience what I and my date experienced, a wonderful and gracious staff, good tasting food and a memorable evening. Jean-Louis and Jo

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food, the price was right for the quality of the food. Great service and a very friendly atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Average hotel steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's a steakhouse. Limited menu, but any cut of meat you could want.

Fairly expensive. Food wasn't mind blowing. I'd probably just hit the pub across the hall instead of the chophouse.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
hutchrenk, General Manager at Milwaukee ChopHouse, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
J J870, I just wanted to let you know that we appreciate your feedback and review of our restaurant.
We value all of the feedback and reviews we receive and will certainly make note of your comments. If there is anything in particular that you would like to discuss about your recent dining experience please feel free to contact me personally at 414-390-4569.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Try It, You Won't Be Sorry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

When you think of steak places in Milwaukee, The Chop House is not one that comes to your mind immediately. But you'd be making a mistake in passing up this fine restaurant. Not only are the steaks outstanding, the tuna I had was perfectly prepared. Service matched the entrees. We can't wait to return.

• Visited July 2012