“My favorite place (so far) in Milwaukee to eat!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington, Illinois
“My favorite place (so far) in Milwaukee to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Milwaukee. I have eaten here many times and the food and service is always great! The margaritas are FANSTASTIC! The outdoor waterfalls set the mood and eating outdoors is a wonderful experience. I almost feel like I am back in Ixtapa Mexico. I would not leave Milwaukee without experiencing El Fuego!!!!

Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Good Food and Good Service for a Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

El Fuego features good food and service. This restaurant does not pretend to offer gourmet Mexican, instead management understands the clientele and caters to it. The food is good, not great, plentiful, chips are crisp and warm and replenished on queue. Prices are reasonable, particularly for the amount of food provided. I have experienced El Fuego repeatedly and keep returning.

The staff is attentive and overall service is good. The ambiance is quite festive. The noise level can become annoying when the restaurant is full. This seems to be a problem not unique at El Fuego.

Give it a try!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Door County
“Good service, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

we decided on a whim, if we want Mexican, we are not going with the chain Q'doba across the street. it was your typical early dinner time,(and i believe a wedding party). the staff was simple, and courteous. they were very prompt in bringing some chips and salsa to the table and on replacing them. ( good for them because we lost track of time, bad for us because it was so tasty we forgot about our meals)
once we decided what to order it did not seem like we waited to long, alas, we had our mouths full between conversation and snacking.
The restaurant was also decorated quite nicely, really brought on a good vibe.
when the food came it was hot and good. I won't say great because I feel they could develop the flavor on some of the dishes. however, when my friend says "wait i cant find the lettuce in my taco salad", it might not be to some peoples proportion preferences , but, you can't say they don't feed you. we also had the tamales, huge! burrito, and ranchero burger.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Average Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Ate at the bar. Was not overly impressed with the food but have to admit service was excellent. Atmosphere seemed like they were trying too hard. Probably would not try again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holland, Michigan
“Yes, Mexican food in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Busy place filled with families and couples alike. The menu was very large, almost too many choices but our served Gloria helped me narrow down my selection to a real winner!

Visited September 2013