“Good German food in a traditional atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Karl Ratzsch's Restaurant

Karl Ratzsch's Restaurant
320 E Mason St, Milwaukee, WI 53202-3604 (Downtown)
414-276-2720
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 1,408 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Maryland,USA
“Good German food in a traditional atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

While visiting Milwaukee I made it a point to look for done good and authentic German food. This restaurant offers what I was looking for. The food has been adapted to local tastes with more cheese in / on done of the dishes than you would see in Germany. Try the haxe and the sauer braten, both very good. The appetizers were in a class of their own. The meatballs koenigsberg style and the sauerkraut cheese dip are in a class of their own. Well worth s visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“You more than enough time to eat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere was good. Service was so slow. It took 1/2 our for the salad. I asked our server for a breakfast menu. She asked why. I said because by the time i get my dinner, it will be time for breakfast.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Franksville, Wisconsin, USA
“A trip down memory lane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I remember my grandparents taking me here when I was a little girl, and I was amazed by all the decorations. As an adult, I've been there a few times, and every trip brings back those memories from my childhood. The food, the ambiance, the staff - all great!

Madison, Wisconsin
“a favorite for German food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is my personal favorite for German food. The staff is always very courteous and helpful and the sauerbraten is always excellent. That's what I always order but my husband has been happy with the pork shank and several other choices. Every meat we've had has been done perfectly. We've never been to Germany but I always feel like we're pretty close when the servers come to the table in traditional German dress and the decor matches that I've seen in travel movies of Germany. Food is very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity. We've never been able to manage dessert :-)

Visited September 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Excellent food, worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Husband lived in Germanynand loves the food. Always eat here at least once when we visit. Beautiful decor, servers in traditional dress, tasty homemade food. Our party Had brats, beer, schnitzle, beef that pulled away tenderly, seafood, vegetarian. Desserts are huge and rich, but worth orderring sinceyou're already there. Makes for a mice leaisurely dinner. bring a credit card becaus quality Geman food has comparable prices.

• Visited September 2012