“Great Italian Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mimma's Cafe

Mimma's Cafe
1307 E Brady St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Lower East Side)
+1 414-271-7337
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mimma's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 1,431 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Arlington Pl
Description: Since 1989, Mimmas Cafe has been a Milwaukee destination for lovers of unforgettably fine Italian Cuisine and dining. We take your tastebuds on a romantic journey into the best flavors of Italy, from the rich pastas of Sicily to the delicious meat dishes of Tuscany!
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Italian Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The atmosphere was quite charming and you couldnt ask for a better waiter. William was extremely knowledgeable about both the menu and the history of the restaurant. I had the Tortelloni con prosciutto e piselli which was outstanding. The pasta was done to perfection . The peas had a nice snap to them and the cream sauce was flavored wonderfully. My husband had the Ravioli con pepperoni e salsiccia which he equally enjoyed. Wine was very good as well. I don't see how anyone can say the menu is overpriced !! it is very reasonable. I don't recall anything over $20 on the menu!! We will definately be back when in the Milwaukee area again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“good food but not everything else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I came here the day after Valentine’s Day. The food tasted pretty good, especially our appetizers. The menu is huge. The cost is a little higher than normal given the size of my caprese salad. The atmosphere is very 80’s. I found the atmosphere very dated but some people may like the 80’s flare. My wife would probably come back here if it wasn’t for our waiter. The waiter removed the parmesan cheese from the table before my wife was finished eating her pasta dish and then he delivered the dessert menus while my wife was still eating her entrée. It was the day after Valentine’s Day, it was not busy. Yet I got the impression he wanted us to leave or hurry up. He was very blunt with us. There were about 3 other couples in the restaurant and by the time that we left, there was one larger party of maybe 8 or 9 people. I cannot fault the restaurant on flavor but everything needs improvement.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brownsville, WI
“Great authentic Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The atmosphere was very charming and the waiter was so knowledgeable. The food was delicious and authentic!

Visited March 2012
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Back in the day...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was one of my favorite resturants until a few years ago...Now I wouldn't go for free. Food is over priced and just average.

Miami, Florida
“A trip to Sicily in Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Mimma's has been a fixture on Brady Street and for good reason. Had a stupendous anti pasta plate that was delicious and plentiful. The chicken special was stuffed and coated with a delicious Italian coating that had both my guest and I stunned by how wonderful it tasted. Truly stunning to the palate. A bit pricy however, $80 for 2 with one appetizer, one beer, 2 waters, and no dessert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere