“Love this Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Love this Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Reading a couple of the negative reviews, I guess I just have to say that anyone, any hotel, can have a bad day. This place is in my top five favorite Marriotts I've stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot of 'em.

First, it's nearly new, and everything is in Marriott's new style: dark wood, lots of contemporary features, etc. Yet, they've managed to keep the 'old school' feel of the building they repurposed. Let's be clear, though - this was no remodel. Despite the age of the original building, everything is completely new here.

While I didn't eat at the restaurant, I did enjoy a couple of cocktails with Pat, the bartender, who was a wonderfully affable dude. He knows his stuff, and he was delightful to chat with.

The coolest part of my short visit was the executive lounge on the 2nd floor. As you exit the elevators, the lounge is at the end of a long hallway (think of the TV show "Get Smart" if you're old enough to remember) with two towering doors at the entrance. Using the key card to enter, the doors unlock like a huge safe, allowing entry. Sweet! Once inside, the food was plentiful and great.

Try this place. It's positioned to be a big part of Milwaukee's resurgent downtown - and you'll love it, too!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience! We truly appreciate the positive feedback and continually listen to every point of view. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I was forced to stay at the hotel for work. My stay started pleasantly with a Thursday late night check and a great meal. It ended with me checking out and into another hotel in a rush hours before my plane departed. Problems? A few. I allowed my room to be serviced on once, and aside from making the bed hardly nothing else was done. Obviously, something is going on with housekeeping and the kitchen staff because 2 days worth of coffee cups, water glasses and the like were not cleared the Saturday my room was cleaned. I noted when I checked in, close to midnight, someone's breakfast dishes remained outside their door next to my room. When I arose the next morning still there.

Dining in Milloke was lovely the night I checked in as the dark haired male bartender was effusive and charming. He made me feel welcome. He should manage this restaurant and train all the staff. The Food was excellent so much so I looked forward to having the same meal before I left. I did so on Saturday (lunch) and the experience couldn't have been more different. The server didn't know the menu, food or bar, didn't approach my table for 12-15 mins after she (I'm looking at you, Brianna) and another young lady debated on whose table it was to serve. I was single diner ( former waitress and shopper) and not particularly imposing but I am particular. A few other issues occurred making the whole experience miserable. I asked at the front deck for hotel manager to call me in my room so I could talk to him and instead a Restaurant Manager called me and proceeded to argue with me about MY experience. Wrong, Wrong response.
If you have choices in hotels make them, in my opinion. I enjoy the Marriott - this does not do it justice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey H, Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

As a valued customer, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in our restaurant and with the housekeeping service. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience on the first night of your visit, and am genuinely sorry that we did not deliver that same level of service during the remainder of your stay. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice when on business in Milwaukee. A relatively new hotel which makes it spotlessly clean and totally comfortable. Good executive lounge and avspeedy check in and out service. A nice bar and a good restaurant - you won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience. We are delighted to have you as a guest of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please let me know if I may ever be of personal assistance.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a great Marriott! It is it a newer property (June 2013) and very well-appointed. The rooms are a good size, the rooms are quiet. The concierge lounge is a huge space and the fitness center is well-equipped.
Everyone I encountered (from the valet to the front desk to the restaurant staff) were all extremely helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott on a Saturday night with a couple of wedding events happening in the hotel. I was wary when we went through the lobby about 10 pm as it was noisy - happy noise but noisy none the less. I am not sure if the hallways were monitored or how they kept the noise down around the sleeping rooms, but our room was quiet and we both got a good night's sleep. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Valet parking was convenient and speedy - and in and out as often as you needed for the one day price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Evanston, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had read reviews and was excited to stay at this hotel. I booked a corner king room for $250 a night with tax. The lobby and the exterior of the hotel was really hip and fresh. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly. Check in was very easy and again everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had asked for a high floor and was booked on the 4th floor (not really that high). The room actually looked out on the massive air conditioners. The sound was really loud and the fans would kick on and off making it really noisy. I asked if we could be moved to a room that was a little quieter and the front desk was extremely attentive and switched our room. The next room- once we set our bags down there was country music playing. I just assumed it was a clock radio left on- but there was no clock radio. The sound was coming from the next door room. The music was not loud- but we could clearly hear the music and the entire conversation going on in the room next door. I was shocked at how poor the sound insulation was - we really could hear our neighbors complete conversation - and they were just talking normal volume. Since we had already asked to have our room switched we just decided to deal with it- we were going out most of the night anyhow and hoped our neighbors would not be too loud later.
Well- starting at 12 every time someone in the hall came home we could hear everything. The doors slammed, conversations in the hall. Long story short this hotel this is not a quiet hotel. It is a nice, clean, hip place but a quiet nights sleep is not something you will get here.
The final straw was the morning we checked out. It was a Sunday morning and promptly at 9am a loud banging started on each door - a woman yelled "Housekeeping". It was really loud and aggressive banging. I had forgotten to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up- but I have never had housekeeping bang on my door early in the morning - especially the day I check out. Yes I should have put the sign up- but housekeeping could have been a little quieter at 9am on a sunday.

Overall- I would not recommend this hotel. I hate to say that because the staff was so friendly and the vibe of the hotel is great- but the room noise was intolerable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay, clearly we could have found a room more to suitable to your needs and away from some of the hallway traffic. I also thank you for your comments about the warmth and genuine care of the staff, as well as the stylish appearance of the hotel. We do take your comments seriously and will work on noise remediation in that patricluar room to the best of our ability. I certainly hope you will once again consider the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, and thank you for your patronage.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

this is one of the few hotels I'm willing to give the full rating too. If you can overlook the over-priced valet parking, there is nothing not to like. This is a beautiful property, fantastic rooms, super staff, quick, efficient and friendly - never had to wait a minute for anything. Fast and friendly check-in and out. Great rooms, clean, fresh, seem new. Great sleep. Great location and restaurants. My only advice is to park across the street at the $16 a night garage, it's quicker and more convenient than the valet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Milwaukee Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!